BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trip report, TCT to CSL
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 1-29-2016 at 09:32 PM
Trip report, TCT to CSL

We drove from Tecate to Los Cabos on Wednesday and Thursday. When we crossed into Mexico, there were about six guys standing around and talking so we just drove straight through and no problem. They didn't even look at us!

Weather was clear and dry. All vados were clear of water except the one just south of Catavina that had some minor running water in it.

The road from Tecate to Ensenada is good to excellent. There are some rough patches in Hwy 1 south of Ensenada. Hwy 1 between Catavina and GN is a mess. There are potholes big enough to swallow up a cow (not really). It was two to three hours of bone jarring driving. Once past GN and into Baja Sur the road is in very good condition.

There was very little traffic on Hwy 1. It was eerie! Very few trucks an no passenger buses. We didn't see any buses until the vicinity of La Paz. Truck drivers were very courteous, moving over and allowing us to pass.

The military stops on the way south were perfunctory. Questions were, "where are you going?" and "are you on vacation?" and then they wave you on. No car searches.

We stayed overnight at GN at TerraSal, as usual. Rate was 550p. Dogs are 100p extra. Internet connection sucked. Restaurant was open and the food is acceptable. We started staying at TerraSal about three years ago, soon after they opened. Rates have remained the same although they now charge extra for a dog. Maintenance is good and they appear to be constructing additional rooms at the rear of the property. My complaints now are the same as when they first opened - no hangers in the clothes cabinet, no wash clothes, no hooks for clothes in the bathroom, and the tile in the shower floor is as slick as ice. Still, TerraSal is a bargain and it is our "go to" place.

We had no trouble with police in Tecate or Constitucion. Didn't even see any. We have had a lot of trouble with the police in La Paz in the past, but on this trip they left us alone.

Plenty of gas everywhere, about 13p per litre.

All in all, a good uneventful trip.

[Edited on 1-30-2016 by oxxo]

[Edited on 1-30-2016 by oxxo]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-30-2016 at 07:50 AM

Thanks for the report. Wonder why so little traffic on Hwy 1. Maybe no crops are in yet. I've noticed that the military usually just pass you thru on the way south but do more going north. My last trip they pretty much waved me thru going north.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.