Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How to evict iguanas?
pelone
Junior Nomad

Mood: Elated

[*] posted on 3-7-2016 at 09:23 PM

The iguana lives inside of a concrete block at the peak of the roof---he basks in the sunshine during the day and retreats to the opening between the block and the edge of the palapa roof line when startled. He/she does not leave droppings inside the house nor does he/she enter the house--- just kind of creeps me out. I have an out building on the property about 50 feet away from the main house and was thinking that this might be a preferred site at that building. How would I capture and then move him to the other building or a release point perhaps, miles away? How about a"live trap" like the ones that are used for unwanted critters up north?
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-7-2016 at 09:46 PM

Sounds like an Iguana. A live trap may work using lettuce for bait. Used to feed them that when I had them living in left over concrete blocks behind the house. Then plug the hole they are living in.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 01:33 AM

UnoMas

Sounds cruel. What would their last days be like?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 07:45 AM

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/restaurants/six-ways-to-cook...

What the hey; if it's that much of a problem and they're not 'cute and cuddly... SABOR DE POLLO. You can buy a pellet gun in Loreto.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 08:21 AM

They do not taste like Chicken,,They used to be on the Menu in San Blas, and tasted like......Iguana

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pelone  
The iguana lives inside of a concrete block at the peak of the roof---he basks in the sunshine during the day and retreats to the opening between the block and the edge of the palapa roof line when startled. He/she does not leave droppings inside the house nor does he/she enter the house--- just kind of creeps me out.

Pelone,
It really sounds like the iguana has picked its choice location...and your second choice is simply that...."Your" choice.

Maybe you can get over the creep factor by learning more about these dragon dinosaurs and become friends....

The issue here might be that you are creeped out.,...solve that and you AND the iguana could live happily forever after.

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:35 AM

have someone sew up little shirts and invite your friends over for a....you know, session! :lol:

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 11:38 AM

WG,
Best suggestion so far.... :light:

Don't believe everything you think....
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 06:37 PM

BajaBill I was referring to a Live trap as mentioned in my post for the purpose of relocation. I am Not for killing them. :P
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 10:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pelone  
He/she does not leave droppings inside the house nor does he/she enter the house--- just kind of creeps me out.

Doesn't seem to be a problem, other than that you dislike it. Like others said, get over it.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 02:56 PM

...Pelone doesn't like Iguanas? ...maybe try HTFU! :biggrin:;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 11:59 PM

Any pics of both of these rascals?

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by redhilltown]
CaboSur
Nomad

Mood: Irrelevant

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 06:49 AM

My friendly Iguana lives on my block wall and comes out to enjoy the sun then retreats between the blocks before sunset. He's been living there for at least 5 years.

What's there not to like about them. They bother no one not quite sure what he eats. I do miss saying hello to him the days he decides to sleep in. Maybe you should talk with him to get over the creepy feeling. With time he'll be eating out of your hand.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2016 at 10:00 AM
lizards

Spiney tailed Iguanas look like this as juveniles. They seem to turn brown all in one day when they get to be adults.

Green Lizard.jpg - 38kB
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.