Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Motorcycle shops
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 11:02 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
I'd like to make a list of the towns along Baja that have a motorcycle shop that stocks some essentials. Let's say tubes, motorcycle oil and other essentials.

I know of a Honda and BMW shop in La Paz but don't know of other cities or towns that have them. This is for those of us who ride unsupported by a chase vehicle.

Please state the town, the name of the shop and if you know addresses or phones you get bonus points. For clarity, I'm not so interested in the border locations but further down the road.

Gracias.

First and best response so far from WillyAirstream. I'll try to consolidate information in this first post

Mulege, Just north of town, on the highway,
Pagdmir Hernandez Buckovecz and Daniel Buckovecz, contact via facebook. Both Baja 1k veterans, experienced riders on and off road, good english. Stock dirt bike tires and tubes. Specialize in Motos, but most of there work is on cars. They have contacts up and down Baja and can get most things overnight.

San Juanico... Diego Mayoral, contact via Facebook, doesn't stock parts, another baja mil vet. Most moto Parts available in Constitution. Some english.

Ensienada...Moy Buckovecz, contact via facebook, Daniels brother, another great guy, speaks english, parts available in town.

Loreto ..Rolando Fong, facebook, mostly, dirt bikes, no english

G.N ....jonathan ibarra, son of Pad, facebook, dirtbikes only, stocks tubes and tires and some small parts, chain, fluids etc. no english

[Edited on 3-5-2016 by Sweetwater]

Johnathon IBarra (son of Pedro Ibarra del La Toba) Lives in Vizcaino. Family operates the old Gas station.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 11:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by tripledigitken  
Sounds like a master link might be a good addition to a go bag.

No chite, especially if you have an unusual size chain (525). We had multiple 520 replacements in our kits and available to buy. Two of us were covered but we didn't know about the third bikes size until the chain failed. That rider will carry a spare or convert his sprockets and chain to the 520 size.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2016 at 04:08 PM

I have been in the Mulege Bukovicz shop several times when gringos have stopped with problems and watched Daniel refuse payment for minor fixes some of which took damned near an hour.

Richard and I were there when Daniel stored Nikki's CBR600 overnight and then fixed its coolant leak the next day for nothing thus getting her on her way to central america without delay

Also, they are a good source of recommendations when the problem isn't something they do like A.C. recharging. I am Spanish language retarded so going to people who put up cheerfully with my marooonic attempts at communication is a big plus.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.