BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: MotoBike Shops in Ensenada?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-6-2016 at 08:57 AM
MotoBike Shops in Ensenada?

Wow would like to see picture of CRf250 with out radiators. If its same as old type air cooled Honda.Then easy job to adjust valves. There are two great MC guys.Here in San Vicente,but hour past Ensenada.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2016 at 10:32 AM

I got a couple shim kits you can have....but you might as well go with Kibblewhite SS now, you'll be replacing shims after every ride. shame on you honda!

on edit to be fair....maybe honda addressed the valve issue on new models?

[Edited on 3-7-2016 by willardguy]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2016 at 11:39 PM

He said not water cooled,maybe not shim/bucket type. Your %100 right about The Honda I know Crf250/450. Honda blew it on that one. Years back,we got a 5 Crfs for our fleet. First time out,After 3 days.We had to pull start them,valves got tight. So we where faced,with taking 5 New Honda's apart to do the SS valves. Lucky for us,we still had our Xr400s bullet proof bikes.We got rid of the CRfs. Got Yamaha Wr450s.We still have all the Wrs zero problems,only adjusted the valves on mine.One time,Still have all the xr400s. I would sure like to see a picture of CRF without radiators.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2016 at 11:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TedZark  
Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

on edit to be fair....maybe honda addressed the valve issue on new models?

How old of a model are you talking about? My moto is 2014.

2008....so maybe they corrected the problem on yours. I had agent smith do the ss valve job, just to sell it!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2016 at 01:04 PM

I've not had any trouble with it yet, but I am just 20 months into it and I don't ride it hard.

well there's your problem Ted, you gotta keep em on the rev-limiter! :lol:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2016 at 01:52 PM

I ride alone most of the time and I am 64. If I get hurt way out in the weeds the coyotes will eat me before anyone finds me. :O

[Edited on 3-9-2016 by TedZark]

good for you Ted, you're still riding! at 66 riding alone I was sooo tentative it just wasn't any fun, just sold the WR-F, im done. :(
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2016 at 02:45 PM

Ok Ted your motor has nothing in common with CRF250 (dirt Bike).No valve problems. Good luck.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.