BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BOLA accomodations 4/24
desertChild

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 04:42 PM
BOLA accomodations 4/24

The 2016 Norra Ralley 1000 is passing thru BOLA the same night as my friends I will be on our dirtbikes. Per their website, NORA reserved every hotel room in town for race participants and support teams. I contacted NORA to see if they have a room available they'd sell, but given the size of the race, that's unlikely.

Does anyone know any enterprising person/family in BOLA that would put us up for the night? We'll have tents and can sleep outside, but breakfast/bathroom/shower would be nice. We'd compensate them of course.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 04:50 PM

There are many campgrounds many with showers or even cabins in the area, as well.

Here are a couple of links:

http://campdaggetts.info/daggetts_camping.html

http://bahiadelosangeles.info/accomodations.htm

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 06:50 PM

Which way are you coming from?
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 09:08 PM

David, as always you are a wealth of info. Tks for your valuable input.

We don't do missions or bikes, etc. ,but your responses are always helpful and we have learned a TON from you.

Thks
desertChild

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 09:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Which way are you coming from?

We'll be coming from the north.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 10:03 AM

There are brick structures north of the military base that you could use. Or just stake your claim to an unused patch of dirt somewhere. Bring Prell shampoo (it lathers in salt water) for a bath and rinse off with a gallon of fresh water.

Check U2U top right corner.

[Edited on 4-11-2016 by woody with a view]

desertChild

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 12:05 PM

Thanks for helpful tips everyone. I think I found a couple of available rooms thanks to Dave's tip. Our backup plan is to just find a spot on the beach somewhere.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 01:06 PM

Great!
Have a super good trip.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2016 at 01:23 PM

Most campgrounds will let you shower for a fee even if you are not staying there. I've done it many times.
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2016 at 01:05 PM

Me and Richie Hudson stayed at Mauro's Air BnB to change it up on our last moto ride thru LA Bay and it was great...we paid the guy to make us a dinner meal, great shower, bunk house style bed setups, and it was quiet and what a view! And it was cheap...

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1225788

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2016 at 10:28 AM

We met Mauro years and years ago when I heard he was dealing with recycling of glass in a unique way: he had women separating it out and then they were creating sinks out of them.

The view from the top was beautiful.

What a small world.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2016 at 02:19 PM

I can't imagine all campsites in BOLA being booked, ever. Besides, most camps don't take reservations and don't have a website. Hotels is another story.

Palapas, cabanas, showers - Archelon $8 per person or Daggetz $7 next door. I like Archelon palapas better than Daggetz, more private and the "tourist" area looks cleaner. Cabanas in Archelon are TAD expensive $50, but I think this is negotiable. Daggetz have no cabanas, but there is a small motel tucked in across the tourist area.

La Ventana (owner - Maria?) few miles North of Daggetz, not on the beach but very close, second row.

Showers in summer can be with no hot water.

No palapas, no showers, pit toilet (I think), nice view, plenty of space and cheap - Briza next door to Archelon, to the South. $5.

And another one right past the military base, 3 gringos and one half-drunk local (the owner's brother) keep their permanent trailers there, but otherwise the place is deserted. No palapas, no showers, pit toilet with a "view" (no door), cheap. The owner is a local teacher - Eddy, Andrew? - don't remember.

Or drive North towards La Gringa until you don't see anything and anybody, and camp on the beach.

So, going from town to North, it would be: Mauro (before the town), then Briza, Archelon, Daggetz, next to one another. Then Andrew's and La Ventana - don't remember which one is first.

Using camp showers in BOLA for free - when not staying there - possible, but basic politeness suggests asking before doing this. There is no running water in town. All camps and private homes have to deliver water from the town well and pay for this.

[Edited on 4-16-2016 by Alm]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.