Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Pack Delivery Service
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 02:23 PM
Baja Pack Delivery Service

I need to get a few boat parts down to Loreto over the next few days and was considering using Baja Pack; I have seen their offices in towns when I have driven down the peninsula and their website seems pretty easy to navigate. Has anyone used them and, if so, how was the experience?

[Edited on 10-3-2016 by gallesram]
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 06:49 PM

I use them quite often, with out any problems.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 07:06 PM

I got a brand new cell phone, in the box, stolen from BajaPack and it was coming from Todos Santos to Santa Rosalia. Poof. Gone.

A friend got a big sculpture stolen from Estafeta.

Baja Pack (should you decide to use them) are located at every bus terminal all the way down the coast. So many have had good luck - my experience was sour.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 07:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I got a brand new cell phone, in the box, stolen from BajaPack and it was coming from Todos Santos to Santa Rosalia. Poof. Gone.

A friend got a big sculpture stolen from Estafeta.

Baja Pack (should you decide to use them) are located at every bus terminal all the way down the coast. So many have had good luck - my experience was sour.

Our experience with Estafeta was bazar, the tracking number said it was there in Cabo, their computer said it was there....the guy said it wasn't...shoulder shrugging ensued...what can I do, who do I need to talk to?...more shrugging, never found the sculpture....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 10-3-2016 at 09:31 PM

I've had good luck with Baja Pack. They only operate within Mexico, so your parts can't come directly from the US.

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 08:32 AM

gallesram if you can find someone who can personally bring it for you that may be a 'safer' choice.

Things of 'value' might not reach intended destination..

gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 10:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by CaboMagic  
gallesram if you can find someone who can personally bring it for you that may be a 'safer' choice.

Things of 'value' might not reach intended destination..

Agreed; fortunately the parts are just a few gaskets and aren't worth more than $40, so I think I'm willing to take a shot at it and give them a try. I did have a friend take down the bulk of the parts but a few got left behind. Now the mechanic is stuck and can't do the service without the gaskets. I'll report back on the experience with them next week after the parts are (hopefully) delivered.
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 10:25 AM
Baja pack

I have used them many times, from TJ to Mulege and from La Paz to Mulege, never had any problems.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 03:35 PM

we use BajaPack all the time and usually all goes well although several times they said the package wasnt there and after much prodding to look again...it was there so just a heads up you might have to get them to look and look again....make sure you have the Guia number with you

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-4-2016 at 03:59 PM

I just used them to send Shari's package to Vizcaino from Ensenada. I PM'd her the Gula number and a copy of the receipt.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

roldanojr
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 08:45 AM

You can use Baja Pack I used to use them, from Tj to Mulege, Just ask for insurance if something happen, the main office is a the bus station, south east of Tj close to USA embassy.

They can handle big and heavy items at low price!

I hope this info help you

Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 09:46 AM

If they're not too big, Aero Califia has a counter to counter package delivery service Tijuana to Loreto.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 09:50 AM

Galesram check your u2u
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2016 at 06:50 PM

Pony express is the only reliable thing here. Valuable items get stolen, small package like gaskets is more likely to get lost, simply because it's small. Again, somebody has to cross the border with this before taking it to Baja Pack.

There is a cross-border service with pick up in San Diego, they claim to deliver anywhere but the closest to LTO office is in La Paz: http://www.postall.com.mx/index.php. No personal experience.

[Edited on 10-6-2016 by Alm]
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-7-2016 at 02:32 PM

All, thanks for the information; very helpful. Turns out my boat had much bigger problems than just a few gaskets so I needed to buy more parts which are heavy, large and expensive. I'm going to take them down myself in a few weeks; if they got lost I'd be out a few thousand bucks so I'm not willing to risk it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.