BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Insight San Diego Airport to TJ Airport without car ?
Aldervale
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 11:16 AM
Insight San Diego Airport to TJ Airport without car ?

Seeking any local and current insight on easy way from San Diego airport to the TJ airport with out a car.

Many thanks

Merry Christmas

Aldervale
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 11:54 AM

Taxi to trolley. Trolley to border. Walk across and cab it to the airport.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 11:57 AM

Uber

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 12:16 PM

Try DOOR-TO-DOOR, get picked up at your home and delivered at Tj Airport front door and vice versa:

http://www.taxisairport.com/en/

Last September it cost for four of us from Eastlake to Tj Airport around $84.00 dlls., just consider the cost per person over the bridge: 16.00 dlls. then the cost of Uber and it adds up, not to mention the walking and carrying.

We had a very professional and courteous bilingual driver and a clean, comfortable van, you can ask for him to pick you up when you call, his name is Juan Ramn. We got his name because we wanted him to drive us back home on our return.

The only walking is when you return to the US: walk across the border and have your luggage checked thru the x-ray machine, we used our Sentri and Ready Lane cards for quick re-entry back into the US, but I don't think you would use the regular pedestrian (very long) lane on your return because public transportation have designated lanes (?).

[Edited on 12-19-2016 by carlosg]

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 12:47 PM

bus to trolly...I think it #894
edit: its bus route number 992 and its $2.25 a ride

trolly to border

walk across (have available border helper carry bags)

taxi to airport

under $20usa

[Edited on 12-19-2016 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 01:02 PM

Uber from the SD airport to the cross border bridge at OTAY, leads right to the airport
pacsur
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 02:51 PM

Take bus 992 to sante fe station, then take shuttle that goes both ways from Tijuana airport-USA bridge, at least 6 months ago that was possible, $25 usd, I think it's hourly, check border crossing website.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 03:40 PM

isn't it $16 a person to walk across the bridge

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 03:50 PM

Dunno, but it is probably worth it

Quote: Originally posted by Bob and Susan  
isn't it $16 a person to walk across the bridge
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 04:04 PM

bus 992 right out side airport to blue line San Ysidro trolley. $2.25
Blue line to border. $2.25
walk across, Migration (ask for receipt, or pay again later.) $390 pesos
Bus to TJ airport $11 pesos. Turn right past taxi stand and walk a couple of hundred yards over bridge to traffic circle. Cross street and wait for East bound bus to aeropuerto.

If you speak no spanish find the Volaris schuttle, at the train station or the airport.

Above average info desk at San Diego Air Port

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
Aldervale
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 05:07 PM

Many many thanks

Sounds like it is pretty straightforward....especially with little or no luggage/gear.

Aldervale
Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 06:33 PM

I have heard conflicting reports on the new pedestrian bridge to the TJ airport. Can that be used both ways if you aren't flying in or out of TJ? I will be flying into San Diego, getting across somewhere and getting picked up. 3 or 4 days later I need to get back to the San Diego airport to come home. I was thinking getting picked up at the airport in TJ would be easier as I have never walked across before and don't know where to tell my Mexican friend to meet me, and I don't think she knows that area at all.
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 07:46 PM

The cross border bridge can only be used by ticketed passengers flying out of or into TJ airport.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 09:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
I have heard conflicting reports on the new pedestrian bridge to the TJ airport. Can that be used both ways if you aren't flying in or out of TJ? I will be flying into San Diego, getting across somewhere and getting picked up. 3 or 4 days later I need to get back to the San Diego airport to come home. I was thinking getting picked up at the airport in TJ would be easier as I have never walked across before and don't know where to tell my Mexican friend to meet me, and I don't think she knows that area at all.

Nope. You need to show a ticket or reservation number to go southbound and a boarding pass northbound.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  

Nope. You need to show a ticket or reservation number to go southbound and a boarding pass northbound.

Is that a boarding pass coming into TJ or would a boarding pass for a flight out of SD work?
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 04:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rhintransit  

Is that a boarding pass coming into TJ or would a boarding pass for a flight out of SD work?

NO. It's only for passengers originating out of TJ or arriving into TJ.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 06:23 PM

You can do the urban transit options mentioned above, or take an uber or town car service airport-to-airport (uber now crosses border southbound only). If you got the cash, take a town car.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.