Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Howdy! Trying to Revisit a Past Trip- Punta San Jacinto
jzack605

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 01:25 PM
Howdy! Trying to Revisit a Past Trip- Punta San Jacinto

Hey guys!
New poster, and was hoping someone could help me with revisiting a past location I have traveled to for my first surf trip as a grom. Looking to return to Shipwrecks, Punta San Jacinto, this march with my father. I was having a hard time finding another location to stay other than Baja Surf Adventures; it seems as though they may be the only option and they informed me that their Baja location is shut down in March. Am I out of luck for visiting this spot? Camping is out of the question, I'm all for it but my dad would prefer a bed and a roof.

Thanks for the help. If anyone is willing to share some other locations similar to this one in Baja Norte I'd love to hear suggestions!

[Edited on 2-21-2018 by jzack605]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 01:40 PM

My "glamping" gear includes an 8 x 7 tent, a nice cot, and an oversize Thermarest pad. Just like sleeping at home.

John
jzack605

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 01:46 PM

8x7? That's roomy! I actually prefer keeping it simple and just pitching a tent. But that's not in the cards for this trip.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 01:53 PM

I did say it was my "glamping" setup. I have much more minimalist equipment for other adventures. Just thought your dad might consider being able to sit up and put his shoes on like at home.

John
jzack605

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 02:08 PM

I was just bustin' your chops. I don't think he'll be keen on it but it'll be worth a try.

It's also worth noting we will be flying into SD or Tijuana, and prefer not renting a car. We loved that spot due to the proximity to the surf, basic accommodations and low crowd factor.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 03:37 PM

Not San Jacinto, but further north: Coyote Cals, just north of Ejido Erendira. www.coyotecals.com
http://www.coyotecals.com/baja-surf.html

[Edited on 2-22-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 03:43 PM

If you are not renting a car how are you getting around. Are you taking a bus south then walking. For what it's worth there are hotels in Colonet and Camalu.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 04:15 PM

This would be my choice.
https://www.tripadvisor.com.mx/Hotel_Review-g150770-d3547043...
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 04:21 PM

Lol. You better rent a car.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2018 at 08:25 PM

I stayed there a couple of years ago. Restaurant was good, margaritas were good and the room was good. I paid about $40. US.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 05:26 AM

Cuarto Casa has beds and food. Its a ten mile walk to the shipwreck tho.

jzack605

[*] posted on 2-22-2018 at 03:50 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Looks like Baja Bills is the only option on the water.

I know renting a car would be ideal, but he's shying away from it. We'd hire a car service if the accommodation is unable to provide one.

Currently been looking at staying right at K38 (forgot town name) or Los Gaviotas.
Patrick21

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 04:08 PM

You can stay about 5 miles south at the Cueva de Pirata (Pirates Cove). It is right on the wtRr with a bar and restaurant. Quick drive from Camalu. Plenty of places in San Quentin and a few in Colonet. There are some beautiful places on the water in Costa Brava at km 166. About 30 minutes south. Look on Air B.B.
Patrick21

[*] posted on 2-23-2018 at 04:09 PM

Also if you talk to the Security guard at the gate they might deny you a room at the newly built hotel on the Mesa. It doesn’t have water or power. But it’s not camping
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-3-2018 at 01:15 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.