Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Climate and fishing
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 01:42 PM
Climate and fishing

Been about since 1982 since I went to the 7 sisters area in the summertime. If we are able to cross over around August (wishful thinking?) I am curious to know if anyone in Nomadland has done that part of the Pac side later in summer. Avg air and sea temps? Wind? I assume the fishing from shore or rocks is better in summer, seeing as its been poor in all my last 3 winter trips. Thanks for input.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 03:17 PM

I have done the Sister's coast road in July 2007 and again in April 2017.

Trip reports with lot's of photos and nauseating road details are posted here on Nomad! ;)

The coast is FOGGY to a few miles inland when the desert is hot. The weather is breezy with comfortable temps in July. In April, it was very cold at night and wet with heavy fog.

Nomad TMW (Tom) frequents the coast for surf fishing and goes much more than I, so I hope he and others pop in to add to your database!

Here is a map or two I made of the coast roads:

Full road log is posted in the Nomad Road Conditions forum in this pre-publication sample section of my road guide: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=91898

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 03:24 PM

xlnt time for flatties, bring some leadheads and big hammers;)
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2020 at 08:55 PM

Yes... Calico's, Barred Sandies and Flatties are the desired fare.
Thanks, as always DK, and del mar
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2020 at 07:24 AM

I've been down there in early Nov. good weather and good fishing.

I should add that I've also had bad weather so it just depends.

[Edited on 5-28-2020 by TMW]
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2020 at 07:28 AM

Spot fin croaker, corbina too. And beware of stingrays!

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-28-2020 at 07:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by hombre66  
Been about since 1982 since I went to the 7 sisters area in the summertime. If we are able to cross over around August (wishful thinking?) I am curious to know if anyone in Nomadland has done that part of the Pac side later in summer. Avg air and sea temps? Wind? I assume the fishing from shore or rocks is better in summer, seeing as its been poor in all my last 3 winter trips. Thanks for input.

Summer warmer than winter, so better.
Always potential to be windy, don’t think the season matters. Of course, you could have low wind conditions too.
Take a kayak or SUP and you’ll have more fun fishing than walking the shore.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2020 at 08:36 AM

Right,goat.. have kayak will travel. I expect daily onshore NW flow. Fog may be the least desirable,but do expect it. As well as damp evenings.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-28-2020 at 08:46 AM

I hope things clear up enough to make your journey safe, and no drama!

I look forward to you posing with a fresh catch of the day while wearing a mask, gloves, and face shield.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.