[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 02:30 PM
Campo Rene

Is Campo Rene open these days?
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 03:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Is Campo Rene open these days?

Had not been open for about 8 months and was not over Xmas and new years so unless something has changed significantly in the last couple weeks, I doubt it. It's for sale though if you want to gain use of it that way.
Chup
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 08:44 PM

Had not been open for about 8 months and was not over Xmas and new years so unless something has changed significantly in the last couple weeks, I doubt it. It's for sale though if you want to gain use of it that way

Cuanto cuesta?

[Edited on 1-26-2021 by Chup]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 10:11 AM

NO idea of how much they are asking for Campo Rene and was not sure it was still for sale so I will investigate a bit.

It is closed for now, until further notice.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 10:57 AM

This is the feedback I just got:

Buenos días Blanca, pues campo René la zona del restaurante y el cultivo no están en venta pero sus alrededores si Hilario Zúñiga es el que tiene info sobre eso.

translation: the restaurant and oyster farms are not for sale (I think the cabins are included here) but the land around it is and the contact person is Hilario Zuniga.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 11:21 AM

Blanca, how about taking photos of Campo Rene in 2021 to preserve it before it is gone or changes?

In 2017, I took these:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 01:00 PM

I like to eat and drink at the restaurant for sure but I never camp at Camp Rene. I prefer it out on the beach. Very friendly people there. Really fun fishing in the estuary.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 01:02 PM

Nothing will be changing at the restaurant or the cabanas (they are not for sale) but one day, for sure, someone will be building around it.

I will definitely take some photos.

Blanca

Come visit La Bocana

Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 01:41 PM

I have seen several Real Estate listings come across my Facebook page with drawings of the lands around Campo Rene but just before Xmas, one came across my page with extensive photos of the Campo itself, indicating it was for sale. It was in Spanish and I didn't translate to fully understand but it has a phone number to call for more information. Of course at my age, the line between dreams and reality become a little fuzzy. I do remember I shared it with one of my friends so I'll see if I can track it down again.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 03:10 PM

I assume that since Campo Rene is closed the launch ramp can't be used. Is that correct?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2021 at 03:15 PM

Correct. It has a chain across it.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.