Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Restaurant at Cieleto Lindo
castaway$
Senior Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 03:07 PM
Restaurant at Cieleto Lindo

Can anyone tell me what day the restaurant is closed.
The last time through it was closed and I'm thinking it was a Tuesday.
Personally I find the food there really good, fresh authentic Mexican plus they make a great margarita.
We are planning a trip soon and I am jonesing for the Almejas.

Live Indubiously!
Roger182

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 05:24 PM

We have stayed there a couple of times in the last couple of months. They are remodeling the rooms and they are very nice, 24 hour lights and hot water, and also new heaters in the room. Bathrooms are remodeled with new bedding and linens, the best part is the price was $350 pesos. The restaurant was great and busy, we ate there 2 nights in a row and was very happy to see the place doing so well, don't forget Happy Hour starts at 4 PM
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 05:44 PM

Nice that they are remodeling the rooms, because they were really long in the tooth, much like Don's place in Mulege.
It's a great location and the restaurant is wonderful.
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 06:18 PM

Whos is the owner of Cielito Lindo now???
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 08:22 PM

contact info???

Derek
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2015 at 09:44 PM

I like to eat the cracked crab special there, although this year I have heard about the crab on the Pacific not being good to eat (shellfish poisoning). Is this true of Baja also?
Roger182

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 08:41 AM

I ate it twice in October and didn't have and negative effects, it was excellent as always
cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 09:19 AM

Have not been in years, do they have RV spaces, thanks
55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  
I like to eat the cracked crab special there, although this year I have heard about the crab on the Pacific not being good to eat (shellfish poisoning). Is this true of Baja also?

This is only true for Dungeness crab off the Pacific coast north of Pt. Conception. The culprit was domoic acid created from algae blooms.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 10:10 AM

The Cracked crab the best at Cielito Lindo the best.The Mexican food they serve.I will be nice,stick to the crab its great.
Bajakiter

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 11:07 AM

Hi all,

Jose Luis Marquez has been the new owner for a few years now. I have known him since he took over and he has tried to squeak out a living while improving the hotel and bar. This has been a slow and steady process that he's committed to improving as funds become available.

You are correct Roger182, Jose Luis had been renovating the rooms and spruced up the restaurant. They are open seven days a week with a daily happy hour from 4-5pm.
The margaritas are still deadly and over the years I have seen quite a few hardy men black out after consuming a few of them. This where and how I met my wife :biggrin:
Happy hour still brings out all the local residents and tales of yesteryears.

The crab breakfast omelet is on point and if you love crabs, this is definitely something you should not miss out on. The cocoanut shrimp plater with mango dipping sauce is another item on the menu besides the cracked crabs that stands out as a dinner dish that is worth ordering.

Yes, they have RV and camping spots, I believe that some have water and electrical hookups also.

Here is the the contact info.

For reservations or more information call the voicemail in San Diego at 619 593 bajax2 or office in Baja 011-52-616-1621021 or 011-52-616-1033169

Cielito Lindo email cielito@telnor.net
Jose Luis Marquez josem@telnor.net

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CielitoLindoSanQuintin

[Edited on 12-28-2015 by Bajakiter]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 01:18 PM

good info bajakiter, gracias! amazing how many stories and memories good and bad can be traced back to their margies!;)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 04:24 PM

I only have good memories of them, yum yum I'll have another.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 07:05 PM

I remember the days of Juanita and David operating the place. Graham Mackintosh and Misión the burro were even allowed in, together! LOL

The margaritas were ridiculously strong and the cracked crab made your fingers red from both the paprika and blood shed on the sharp shell pieces... lol

The BBQ'd oysters were my favorite.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 07:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I remember the days of Juanita and David operating the place. Graham Mackintosh and Misión the burro were even allowed in, together! LOL

The margaritas were ridiculously strong and the cracked crab made your fingers red from both the paprika and blood shed on the sharp shell pieces... lol

The BBQ'd oysters were my favorite.
Darn I missed the BaQ'd oysters:)
KasloKid
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 07:39 PM

The bartender enjoys watching your reaction as he pours mucho tequila into your margarita. They were tasty, but after the fourth, I don't remember much.
It was a slow day on our dirt bikes the next day.....
Would I go back? Hell yes!!
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2015 at 10:56 PM

Glad to hear the crab is ok in Baja. I too have had too many margaritas at Celito Lindo. Very difficult time making it back to my camper, let alone getting up early in the morning and driving south. Just two was all I had.
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2015 at 11:31 AM

What happened to Juanita, she visited me once in Mulege several years ago, have not heard of her since???
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2015 at 06:31 PM

And let's not forget to mention the black bean soup. Fantastic!

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
vagabond
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2015 at 09:27 PM

this is what we loved about the area, the solitude

early morning catch 2.JPG - 116kBBaja pics 014.jpg - 160kBBaja pics 031.jpg - 156kB
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.