Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Border PO box options
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 09:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
There are a couple of mail services in Ensenada that cater to ex-pats. Pick up mail in San Diego and deliver to their location in Ensenada. One located by the park at 6th and Moctezuma, the other on Pedro Loyola near Florista

I think that both of those charge extra for picking up/delivering packages though. Here in Punta Banda we have our own PMB service with close to 100 members. Mail and packages get delivered to common location in Chula vista and the members pick them up whenever they go to the states and deliver to a common location here. With that many members we get our mail twice a week usually. Why not move to Punta Banda and join? Membership is $150 per year.

[Edited on 3-11-2016 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SlyOnce  
I use Postal Annex, its a PMB Private Mail Box not a PO Box, so I have a regular street address. They received packages and text and email when they arrive. Cost $US 200/year. There is one in SY

Too expensive if you don't use it often. In other places there exist per-use services, ex. you pay $4 or 5 per parcel depending on package size when you receive it, no annual fees, they hold it for free first 3 weeks, $5/week thereafter. Not a PMB, just an address with your name like John Smith 123 Nowhere Str, you pickup at the counter. I wonder if there is something like this in SY. Exactly - packages, i.e. parcels, not letters/papers.

[Edited on 3-11-2016 by Alm]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 10:29 AM

COUNT ME IN, BOB!

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  
There are a couple of mail services in Ensenada that cater to ex-pats. Pick up mail in San Diego and deliver to their location in Ensenada. One located by the park at 6th and Moctezuma, the other on Pedro Loyola near Florista

I think that both of those charge extra for picking up/delivering packages though. Here in Punta Banda we have our own PMB service with close to 100 members. Mail and packages get delivered to common location in Chula vista and the members pick them up whenever they go to the states and deliver to a common location here. With that many members we get our mail twice a week usually. Why not move to Punta Banda and join? Membership is $150 per year.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 3-11-2016 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
COUNT ME IN, BOB!

See U2U

Bob Durrell
joyvoice

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 02:36 PM
Punta Banda mail service

Here in Punta Banda we have our own PMB service with close to 100 members. Mail and packages get delivered to common location in Chula vista and the members pick them up whenever they go to the states and deliver to a common location here. With that many members we get our mail twice a week usually. Why not move to Punta Banda and join? Membership is $150 per year.

Hi there. I'm new to this forum and am in the process of possibly moving to Punta Banda. I'm interested in finding out more about the mail service. Do we need our own address in Chula Vista or is it an address that everyone mails to? I'd love to know how that works.

Thanks,
Joy
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 08:29 AM

Many of us in the Punta Banda area use THE MAIL ROOM.

It is right off the freeway in Chula Vista @ corner of Palm/Emory St.
The cost is $120.00 per year. 619-429-6888 and you can google them.

They sign for all your packages, mail your packages and letters for you (you DO have to take them there.)

They are also right across the street from the Chula Vista post office so any official mail service you need to handle is also convenient.

If they ask you who recommended you, tell them Udo Winkler (They like being appreciated).

Udo

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 08:52 AM

But she still needs to get her mail from The Mail Room to Punta Banda. I believe the only service that picks up at that location and delivers to PB is run by Irka Davis

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
Many of us in the Punta Banda area use THE MAIL ROOM.

It is right off the freeway in Chula Vista @ corner of Palm/Emory St.
The cost is $120.00 per year. 619-429-6888 and you can google them.

They sign for all your packages, mail your packages and letters for you (you DO have to take them there.)

They are also right across the street from the Chula Vista post office so any official mail service you need to handle is also convenient.

If they ask you who recommended you, tell them Udo Winkler (They like being appreciated).
joyvoice

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 12:16 PM
Mail delivered to Punta Banda

Thanks, Udo, for the Chula Vista info. Is that part of the Punta Banda membership service too, where it seems that members take turns picking up mail and packages for one another? In other words, would I need both services, the one in Chula Vista and the one in Punta Banda? Sounds like several hundred dollars for the two of them combined. Needing some clarification on this. Thanks.

Bajaguy, thanks for the Irka Davis suggestion. I'm guessing he is a member on this forum? I'll search and see if I can find him.

Looking forward to the sunsets and hot springs-y sand.

Joy

[Edited on 8-15-2016 by joyvoice]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 12:56 PM

Irka is not a member of this forum, however I can u2u her contact info.

You would have to get an account (box) at the Mail Room, then separately contract with Irka to pick up and deliver your mail to Punta Banda. I think she only makes pick-ups at the Mail Room once a week

The other option is the Punta Banda group that makes pick-ups at the Save-On Storage mail drop in Chula Vista. Whenever a member of that group heads across the border, they pick up mail and whatever packages they can and deliver it to a central location at Campo la Jolla (Punta Banda)

Both options seem to work well

Quote: Originally posted by joyvoice  
Thanks, Udo, for the Chula Vista info. Is that part of the Punta Banda membership service too, where it seems that members take turns picking up mail and packages for one another? In other words, would I need both services, the one in Chula Vista and the one in Punta Banda? Sounds like several hundred dollars for the two of them combined. Needing some clarification on this. Thanks.

Bajaguy, thanks for the Irka Davis suggestion. I'm guessing he is a member on this forum? I'll search and see if I can find him.

Looking forward to the sunsets and hot springs-y sand.

Joy

[Edited on 8-15-2016 by joyvoice]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 01:19 PM
joyvoice

You might want to sign up for the Punta Banda Community Bulletin Board and the Punta Banda Facebook page

If you can separate the wheat from the chaff, you can glean some helpful information regarding community events and happenings

https://www.facebook.com/groups/puntabanda/

puntabandanewsletter-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
joyvoice

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 02:03 PM

Hi Bajaguy,

I appreciate your help and suggestions.
I've already put in a request to be part of the Punta Banda Facebook group and will find the bulletin board next.

Here's another question I couldn't find an answer for here on the forum.

Good wifi connectivity is crucial for the online work that I do. Do you or anyone you know have an idea about the reliability of and download/upload speeds in Punta Banda? And whether or not the provider company has plan levels that give higher coverage for a higher price?

Thanks so much,
Joy
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 02:24 PM

Wi-Fi is spotty ranging from excellent to not so fast depending on where you are in the Punta Banda & Ensenada area. Telnor is the hard wire telephone/internet carrier, some people have satellite and there may be cable available. Again, it would depend on where you are. Whatever the service tells you they can provide, it is usually less.

Once you get subscribed to the newsletter you can pose that question to the community

We are lucky and have fiber optic where we live (not in the Punta Banda area) and it has been great.

Quote: Originally posted by joyvoice  

Good wifi connectivity is crucial for the online work that I do. Do you or anyone you know have an idea about the reliability of and download/upload speeds in Punta Banda? And whether or not the provider company has plan levels that give higher coverage for a higher price?

Thanks so much,
Joy

[Edited on 8-15-2016 by bajaguy]
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 03:23 PM

Banda Ancha from TELNOR goes as far a Rancho Packard. but it took Kathleen's handiwork and perseverance to get it to work in Rancho Packard. Before Kathleen's work, crawling was as fast as it went.

Between Maneadero and Ranch Packard, the speed of the WWW has been comparable to what I had with AT&T in the US.

Udo

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.