Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: CFE
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 07:29 AM
CFE

I'll be traveling outside of Mexico for several months. Per usual payment of the CFE is a PIA.
Had anyone been using PayPal,Ulink, AMEX or other methods successfully? Id prefer not to make and overpayment and operate on the balance.
I hope to learn of an easy solution like one might expect in the 21st century.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 08:32 AM

CFE has an app that you sign up from your phone or computer. From there they will send you your statements. You then use your USA credit or debit card to pay for your bill
I have been using the app successfully for 6 years now.

www.cfe.mx/vun/Paginas/PagoReciboEnLinea.aspx

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
I'll be traveling outside of Mexico for several months. Per usual payment of the CFE is a PIA.
Had anyone been using PayPal,Ulink, AMEX or other methods successfully? Id prefer not to make and overpayment and operate on the balance.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Bajazly
Super Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 09:02 AM

@Udo, what is the trick to using a US CC? I have the app but it won't let me use a US CC. I was thinking about a prepaid Mexican CC but haven't done that yet.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:04 AM

We have paid our CFE bill with our Am-Ex Platinum c/c for years. Both Am-Ex and CFE send payment receipts to our email. Also, on the CFE homepage it will immediately show "paid out".

Several of our American friends have said they are unable to use their American issued c/c but then they are not using an Am-Ex Platinum c/c they are using other American issued bank c/c.

Hope this is helpful.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:11 AM

I have never had any dealings with CFE, but I am curious if there is any difference in using debit vs credit cards?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:23 AM

Same problem here. I used Amex for a while until it no longer worked.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:29 AM

It is my understanding one can use a Mexican debit card or a Mexican credit card but one can not use an American issued debit or credit card expect for Am-Ex.

If my memory is correct, when I pay online there are several banks/cards to choose from but the only American issued c/c that I have seen listed is Am-Ex. I don't know if that means all Am-Ex c/c. All I know is our Am-Ex Platinum works for us.

We also pay our Tel-Mex bill via Claro Enterprise Solutions. They accepts all American issued c/c.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:31 AM

Which Am-Ex c/c and when did that option stop working for you?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:33 AM

Platinum must be the deal.
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:42 AM

There is no trick. I used my USA billing address for verification by the app. They will ask you for your billing zip code. (Yes, all this is in Spanish)

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
@Udo, what is the trick to using a US CC? I have the app but it won't let me use a US CC. I was thinking about a prepaid Mexican CC but haven't done that yet.

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:45 AM

I don't think that the type of card is an issue. I currently use my CITIBANK debit card, but I have also used other cards as well. I have also used my AMEX card. All went through ok.

Quote: Originally posted by karenintx  

We have paid our CFE bill with our Am-Ex Platinum c/c for years. Both Am-Ex and CFE send payment receipts to our email. Also, on the CFE homepage it will immediately show "paid out".

Several of our American friends have said they are unable to use their American issued c/c but then they are not using an Am-Ex Platinum c/c they are using other American issued bank c/c.

Hope this is helpful.

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 10:49 AM

One more note. When you start paying with the app as well as your computer, the CFE COOKIE setting will remember your card, and you will not have to enter it again.

Udo

Bajazly
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 12:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
There is no trick. I used my USA billing address for verification by the app. They will ask you for your billing zip code. (Yes, all this is in Spanish)

Do you pay both here in SF and Ensenada or just Ensenada, not that it should make any difference but Mexico and all.

I go into CFE and pay at the counter with my US CC and no problem, go figure I guess.

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  

Do you pay both here in SF and Ensenada or just Ensenada, not that it should make any difference but Mexico and all.

I go into CFE and pay at the counter with my US CC and no problem, go figure I guess.

To answer Bajazly question: For several years I paid the bill for Bahia AsunciĆ³n and Ensenada through my app. A few years ago I installed solar in Ensenada, and my bill dropped to zero. However, CFE still charged me a "meter" charge of $95 Pesos. PLus I also paid for the meter at my (now passed away) sister's house. Then I sold it and the new owner dragged his feet at having the meter changed into his name. In San Felip3, I live in the South Campos, where there is no electricity and I am on strictly solar. This year I finally installed a decent solar system designed by Electrosolar in Ensenada. I now have 36 each solar panels that are 600 watts each. Plus he installed 8 each 300 amp lithium batteries and a charge controller/inverter. NOw I have enough solar power to be able to use 6 A/Cs and my wife is able to use the hair dryer anytime she wants. Laundry can also be done at any time rather than waiting for a mid-day sun.
In conclusion, I now have nothing to do with CFE.

Udo

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 02:55 PM

Again, this is from an outsider looking in, but could the difference in acceptance be due to the billing address of a US card being in the US vs in MX?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 07:02 PM

I just have my personal assistant in Mexico pay it .

No worries :bounce:
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 08:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by karenintx  

Which Am-Ex c/c and when did that option stop working for you?

Which ever Was the most basic. I've only used it a couple times with
Cfe several years ago.
Bajazly
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2024 at 11:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Again, this is from an outsider looking in, but could the difference in acceptance be due to the billing address of a US card being in the US vs in MX?

When entering the card number, after the first 4 digits it kicks me out saying I must use a Mexican CC so it seems the first 4 numbers are tied to country of origin.

I haven't tried in quite a while so maybe I'll give it another go next week when the shop bill is due.

Harald Pietschmann

Bajazly, August 2019
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2024 at 01:24 PM

So, nobody is using Ulink, PayPal or other online payment service?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2024 at 09:14 PM

I just successfully paid the CFE bill with Ulink. I can't begin to describe my sense of accomplishment and feeling of joy..
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.