BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: HAUNTED PLACES OF BAJA.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:53 AM
HAUNTED PLACES OF BAJA.

While reading Pappy John's trip reports,about him camping alone in the ruins of Santa maria mission,a place where Im sure some people had a not so good departure,makes me wonder if there is any haunted places in Baja.The place that gives me the creeps is the canyon that you decent to reach el Volcan,by the onyx school.That place looks just like a perfect place for a horror movie:?:,while in San Borja some of the dark rooms inside the missions gives the empression that they are not empty:(.Two years ago while camping in HANSON, I was told that at night you can hear a baby crying?..so nomads what spooky stories do you guys have..I dare you to tellllllllllllllll:fire:

[Edited on 3-25-2007 by BAJACAT]

Haunted Canyon.JPG - 48kB

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 08:59 AM

Bajacat, spirits don't just hang out, they move around. Almost any place in the dark is a place they might visit. Got me at Requeson. At our evening campfire we were joined by a wandering yaqui who just got out of prison for murder. The ghost of the murdered man had been his constant companion on his travels and when the tequila hit him you could see that the ghost was with him (with us). We ran him off but the ghost stayed the night in my cabana.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 09:02 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience Osprey,

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 09:52 AM

A couple of years ago in early June my two brothers and I were visiting mission Santa Gertrudis. On our way back toward El Arco it was getting dark so we turned south on a dirt road near Miraflores. After about a mile we pulled over into an opening and set up camp. While getting the beds set up and camp fire going and cooking dinner we all noticed that there were no animal or insect movement of any kind. No wind either. No birds. All was very quiet, spooky like. It was that way all night and the next morning. After breakfast we loaded up and left the way we came in. When we got to Miraflores and the main road we stopped and there was wind, birds singing, bugs on the ground, a rabbit running etc. Some day I'm going back to the camp spot and see if it's the same way.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 09:54 AM

http://vivabaja.com/et

Here is the place for ghosts and other strange stuff (per M)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 11:01 AM

All of the ghosts and haunted places reside in tequila bottles! :lol:

Bob H

[Edited on 3-25-2007 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 12:40 PM

Quote:

when the tequila hit him

so you must have been drinking cheap tequila. can't see another reason to throw tequila at a ghost???:lol:

Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 02:28 PM

I had an encounter with a fantasma en Mexico but it wasn't in Baja, it was at Barra de Navidad.
We had found an abandoned palapa to camp at when both my pal and I got a weird vibe; we both all of a sudden got the pelo de pollo and felt a creepy and not friendly presence; we got all freaked out and ended up buggin' out to a local hotel. Several weeks later when we got our pictures developed back in the states there was a "ghostly image" present in all the pictures we'd taken there. :O
jerry
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 02:44 PM

baja Haunted nooooo
Inchanted everywhere

jerry and judi
Wotam

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 07:28 PM

>"we all noticed that there were no animal or insect movement of any kind. No wind either. No birds. All was very quiet, spooky like. It was that way all night and the next morning."

I know exactly what you're talking about. Waves breaking on the beach without a sound. Wind blowing, trees moving... no sound... straight from the twilight zone.

What's happened is that you've found a place inhabited by the elder spirits... sometimes called 'ta-kushtaka' or 'otter people' in the Haida/Tlingit culture of the Pacific Northwest. I didn't know that the phenonema extended down to Baja.

The defining characteristic of such an encounter is that all goes silent, un-naturally so... but when you leave the boundary of the 'inhabited' area, instantly the sounds return to normal.

If you ask a native american in the PNW... they will tell you it's best not to hang around in a spot frequented by the otter people. Very bad things can happen. I've blundered into a couple spots like that while out in wild areas. I've needed little encouragement to leave ASAP.

Your senses will tell you when things aren't quite right. Listen to them.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2007 at 10:45 PM
Halboo do you still have the pictures..?

Quote:
Originally posted by Halboo
I had an encounter with a fantasma en Mexico but it wasn't in Baja, it was at Barra de Navidad.
We had found an abandoned palapa to camp at when both my pal and I got a weird vibe; we both all of a sudden got the pelo de pollo and felt a creepy and not friendly presence; we got all freaked out and ended up buggin' out to a local hotel. Several weeks later when we got our pictures developed back in the states there was a "ghostly image" present in all the pictures we'd taken there. :O
We would like to see them if possible..

Halboo
Nomad

Mood: Bohemian

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 09:18 AM

:no: Nope;that incident happened about 30 years ago and the photos were misplaced a long time back.
I wish I still had them, makes the story that much better.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-26-2007 at 09:45 AM

The village my husband grew up in is a notorious haunted place...everyone has LOTS of stories and our beach house in particular was the scene of many spooky things, dark figures hangin around outside, a lady touching your cheek as you sleep etc. It was a place where the spanish pirates buried their treasures and killed slaves to throw on top of the treasure to guard it....a few treasured have been found and lots of excavations around too. Apart from the ghosts there is even a ghost car which I too have seen.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
The village my husband grew up in is a notorious haunted place...everyone has LOTS of stories and our beach house in particular was the scene of many spooky things, dark figures hangin around outside, a lady touching your cheek as you sleep etc. It was a place where the spanish pirates buried their treasures and killed slaves to throw on top of the treasure to guard it....a few treasured have been found and lots of excavations around too. Apart from the ghosts there is even a ghost car which I too have seen.
Shari don;t say that , is bad PR for your bussines.:lol::lol::lol:

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 09:04 PM

this is my new bad girl mood...I'm gonna scare EVERYONE off now so NOBODY comes here and NOBODY will EVER find out how cool it is...so there!:fire:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 09:52 PM

That's right, use REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!

Kind of like us Baja people saying STAY OUT OF MEXICO: Full of banditos, corrupt cops, and poisonous snakes!

Well, maybe the 'bandito' part is out of line?:lol::lol::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2007 at 10:31 PM

I had a real scary time in Asuncion. Big underwater creatures
took every lure I had, broke all my 30lb line. Even stripped
the pinion gear on my acurrate converted jigmaster.
I am returning as soon as the winds die down with re enforcements. Bigger lures, heavy line and 4/0 to 6/0
reels. Whats the best time of year to go Shari?
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 07:45 AM

Depends what ya wanna fish for...sea monsters? Summer is great for all round stuff, halibut from the beach, even yellow tail from the rocks then and gorgeous calm weather too....anytime from July - February though. Semana sant, spring break, is notorious for lousy fishing...just when everyone needs lots of fish as most here don't eat meat that week. Juan uses 60-8- lb test just to make sure! Look forward to meeting you.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 10:05 AM

Shari, any more earthquakes? Totally calm now? Any further reports from scientific types on what was happening?
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
this is my new bad girl mood...I'm gonna scare EVERYONE off now so NOBODY comes here and NOBODY will EVER find out how cool it is...so there!:fire:
:lol::lol::lol::fire:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.