BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: So how was your border wait on Sunday?
Pops
Nomad

Mood: Therianthropic

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 09:00 PM
So how was your border wait on Sunday?

Ours was 5 1/2 hours!!!
The longest ever since 1969.
Was it only the volume or something else?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 09:17 PM

Which border crossing (Baja has 6) and what time did you get in line?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 10:03 PM

Was hearing 3-5 hours from some of the "racing sites" on sunday afternoon.....
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2007 at 10:26 PM

that is to protect us from "those who are living in the shadows"

fear sells:wow:
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 06:30 AM

two minutes - 6 am - Sentri Lane - SY. Had to wait for six taxis to stop blocking the two lanes where people are not supposed to be dropped off.

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
BaldEagleMav

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:32 AM
Re: So how was your border wait on Sunday?

I don't know about Sunday, but at San Ysidro on Monday morning at 5:30, the wait was the longest I had ever seen - maybe these folks were left over from Sunday?

Regards,
BaldEagleMav
Edguero
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 08:38 AM

12:30 to 4:00 sunday at TJ, longest ever.
And when I got home and turned off the Jeep the top radiator hose let go, boy was I lucky.

2:30 to 5:00 2 weeks ago sunday ago at Otay, 2nd longest.
Pops
Nomad

Mood: Therianthropic

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Which border crossing (Baja has 6) and what time did you get in line?

2 hours along border fence to be redirected to Otay, 1/2 hour to Otay and then 3 hours to cross.
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
We left Ensenada at 10:30 a.m.:mad::mad::mad:
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 04:04 PM

Wow! That is incredible. It sounds like the best thing to do would have been coming back on Tuesday! I have had a few 1 1/2 hour waits lately and thought that was bad.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 07:52 PM

The good thing is these long waits will reduce the number of tourists vacationing in Mexico...:light:

Let me add, good for those who like uncrowded places... NOT good for the people of Mexico, however!

[Edited on 6-7-2007 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

koru

Mood: peaceful

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 09:03 PM

Well I've been going to the off-road races in baja for over 20 years now. This years baja 500 race had the largest # of entries EVER. I knew it would be a killer border wait on Sunday. With that many vehicles and huge # of pit crews...you are doomed to cross back on Sunday on a race weekend.

We were in a cool spot down off hwy 3 on June 2nd to watch the zillion cars zoom by...my plan was to take the scenic route home. You know...via Laguna Hanson to La Rumarosa then cross at Tecate. Ahh...we passed one little passenger car and hours later one truck near La Rumarosa - no traffic jams! Avoided all the race hoopla & crowds in Ensenada and took the dirt way home - tons more fun!

I thought the border would be a breeze on Saturday night...I was wrong. 1.5 hour border wait at Tecate. The wait started at 8:10pm SAT night. Tip: stay in the RIGHT lane...the left lane dude was processing all the folks that were walking across to get back into the US.

In March I waited for 1 hr 45 at Mexicali. My longest wait was 3 hours 10 minutes at Tecate at the end of a US 3 day weekend in 2006....I learned my lesson! Not doing that again!

I heard it was a 6 hour wait at Otay last turkey day weekend. I have noticed it getting worse ever since 911. It's slow process to cross now. The day and time are everything now...

Lory
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 6-6-2007 at 09:31 PM

Well, the longest line I have had since getting my sentri card was getting back into the U.S. from Mexicali and it was about 35 minutes on Monday during Memorial Day Weekend. Too many people holding up the sentri line letting people out of their cars where the lane divides off going back into Mexicali or getting into the blocked off sentri lane to re-enter the U.S. I was upset (just kidding) with the long wait as use to 12 to 15 minutes. Now the other regular entry lines were every bit 3 1/2 hour wait. It was around 12:45 pm, so I guess this will be a good choice until everybody starts going sentri.

bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 05:42 PM

Well, we didn't cross on Sunday, but I have a buddy that went to Tecate and waited a couple of hours. We came back on Monday and went straight to Otay Mesa. The wait was 55 minutes at about 2:00pm. Then we were sent to secondary for no explicable reason, but only spent about 5 minutes there before being sent on our way. Not too bad for a race weekend.

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
TacoFeliz
Nomad

Mood: Exploratory

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 05:49 PM

4 hours at TJ on Sunday early afternoon, plus an extra runaround of 45 minutes through the bowels of the city due to taped off arms of the traffic circles and cops redirecting traffic. On a positive note, I have a really good grasp of the trash and trinkets available in the last mile to the customs booth now.
BAJABAILADOR
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 06:51 PM

Got on Hwy 1 in Collonet @ 6:30 am sun. took our time . Otay via Popotla @9:40 done@10:15 lines were moving fast for the most part. they gave alook and waved through , nothing said or ck'd . have not had that since 911.
Mon. weekend before not as good 1 hr. 45 mins. arrived about 9:00 am.
Feb. 25th was worst 5 hrs. sentri ,gota have it !
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 6-7-2007 at 06:56 PM

11:00 am last Friday through Mexicali west - 13 minutes. It was delayed because a car broke down blocking a lane and took an extra minute to detour around. :D:smug:

You couldn't pay me enough to ever cross north at Tijuana again. :fire:

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.