BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: buddy driver to san lucas or caravan
cacarmel

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 11:32 AM
buddy driver to san lucas or caravan

I am planning to head So. sometime after the 18th of March. I can be flexible on dates. Would like a buddy-car. Am very familiar with Baja travel and will be hauling a 20' Bayrunner. Will return in Juneish before it gets too hot.
curtbarb

[*] posted on 3-14-2010 at 05:14 PM

I am planning to drive to Loreto leaving Sacramento on April 5 and crossing into Mexico from San Diego on the 6th. I will be pulling a 26 ft MacGregor sailboat. I possible could leave one week earlier if this works for you.

Curtiss
islandhop
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-15-2010 at 08:44 AM

we(wife and I) are heading south on or about 28 of march from no. sd county w/ truck camper and utility trailer.
bajabob13
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 10:50 AM

I'm in Mulege ,my wife is driving down within the next few days, she would like to caravan. She is a very experienced Baja traveler, she has made the trip by herself but would prefer to caravan. We live Anaheim.
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:49 PM
March 27 EARLY !

And.... another option,

Amigo Matt and I are crossing at SY 3/27 very early and hauling a trailer to La Paz. Two long days.... leave at dawn, stop at dark. Our dates are set.

I've made the run many times and we'd welcome your company (or any of other posters here). We won't be taking any risks, but we will be moving right along, at a good clip, on this trip.

Please U2U if interested.

Best,
djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
luckyman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 09:35 PM
trip south

i don't mean to hijack the thread, but do any of you lucky travelers have room for a couple of pails of concrete sealer on your drive? it's a specialized sealer for stamped/tinted concrete not available in baja. they need to get somewhere in the la ribera area (even san jose/cabo area) and can be picked up by a buddy there.
buckets are sealed, new, with receipts, and come with gas money and customs cash.
i can get them to you anywhere in the san diego area, but they are currently in eastern san diego county near tecate.
thanks for the space to ask.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 06:21 AM

call this freight forwarder...

Map Cargo
8724 Approach Road
San Diego, CA 92154-7709
(619) 661-1858

send it to him...

he'll import it and ship it down on a truck
right to your house

you could pay with a credit card

it's pretty strict at the border right now
and there could be special rules with that "sealer"

someone carrying smething with restrictions could get screwed

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
luckyman
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2010 at 09:28 PM

thanks bob and susan for the tip, i'll give them a call.
good luck and happy trails to you guys heading south! wish i had the time to drive it again, it's been a couple of years.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.