BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Rain Reports & Latest Road Reports?
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 08:08 AM
Rain Reports & Latest Road Reports?

Heading home tomorrow!!!!!
Wouldn't you know it the first big winter rain is suppose to hinder my trip south. I'm going to trudge through though and hope for the best. Planning to hit the first detours south of Ensenada shortly after daylight. I don't like traveling on weekends but I've spent too long up here playing with medical appointments and jumping through other VA hoops.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 08:11 AM

...it'll be good to have ya back in the neighborhood, russ..welcome home!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 08:14 AM

Thanks! I was typing while Steve was posting the same question http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=49725. I'll watch his thread too. Thanks:)

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 08:32 AM

Glad your good to go !!!

Have a safe trip...

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Heading home tomorrow!!!!!
Wouldn't you know it the first big winter rain is suppose to hinder my trip south. I'm going to trudge through though and hope for the best. Planning to hit the first detours south of Ensenada shortly after daylight. I don't like traveling on weekends but I've spent too long up here playing with medical appointments and jumping through other VA hoops.

We'll be passing through about the same time. Safe travels.

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 01:17 PM

Hola, here is a partial printout from today's national weather service.

looks like lots of rain in southern california although there is no mention of baja.

DRIVE CAREFULLY...OR...NOT AT ALL !!

i'm not an alarmist but remember what the rains did to northern baja last year especially from tijuana to el rosario !

carry extra supplies especially food, water, clothing and blankets and keep your gas tank topped off.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 01:19 PM

OOPS, FORGOT TO COPY AND PASTE, SORRY.

"Persistent . . . strong southwest winds over the eastern Pacific Ocean will carry an unusually large plume of moisture to the region," the weather statement said.
"With some breaks . . . a series of storms will likely continue through at least the middle of next week. Several periods of significant rainfall accumulation are possible."

Saturday night through Sunday morning is expected to be the most significant period of heavy rain, with intensities up to a " half-inch per hour ", according to the Weather Service. Snow levels are expected to remain above 9,000 feet.

The stronger storm expected Tuesday and Wednesday has the potential for heavier rainfall intensities "on top of soils that may be approaching saturation," which could cause flooding, debris flow and rock slide concerns, according to the Weather Service
Joelt
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 01:44 PM

Russ. It is a good idea to get through the construction as early as possible. We went through early in the morning in October after a good rain with just a 10 or 15 minute wait while some trucks got straightened out. It got worse the further south we went. It was slimey but I didn't have to lock my hubs. I wouldn't have wanted to be there much later in the morning with more cars on the road. Have a safe trip.

Joelt
Yackie

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 02:23 PM

Rooooooos................catch ya when ya get home. David is leaving today, 17th, and get here tomorrow. Look for him on the road. He is overnighting at jardines. Xmas prize when you get here.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 04:09 PM

Thanks all for your good wishes, advice & reports. See ya soon Jackie and will keep a catch out for Dave.

nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 05:17 PM

Waiting for those cool pictures again...drive carefully nancy
BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 07:24 PM

We went through the Ensenada construction going South three days ago. Not near as much dirt as there was when we passed north two weeks prior. Quite a bit is paved, or partially paved. Was much easier than even two weeks ago. With rain though, it will still be a bit slippery in the parts that are still dirt.

We were pulling a 19' travel trailer... no problem.

[Edited on 12-18-2010 by BigWooo]
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 07:54 PM

Signing off until sunrise Sunday.:tumble:

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2010 at 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Signing off until sunrise Sunday.:tumble:

Me too. see you on the road. Thanks for the info. everyone.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 07:40 AM

I'm heading south Monday A.M., with a globos truck stacked high! Guess I better hit Harbor Freight for a ppoopload of tarps and bungee cords! Please stop the rain!!!

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 07:55 AM

Not sure who is heading thru the Sacramento Valley for this Holiday.....expected rain levels to hit 6 inches. Mountains expecting 10 to 15 feet of snow. There be flooding on parts of I-5 (Galt area) as it always gets that. Mountain passes trying to leave the valley will be an issue (H-58 and 99 Gorman)

Our creek here at the farm is currently flowing into the field

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 07:57 AM

Hey Bass... don't sweat the small stuff.. your retired .. the only thing ya got is time... and a wife that is way to good for your sorry ass... down there setting everything up for ya... Geezzeesss...

b-tch, b-tch, b-tch... put a 12 pack in the front seat... they won't be checking ya going south... pack a bunch of food... keep it all on the front seat along with any animals... also keep your camera at ready so you can let us "see" ya in action... what's going to happen to you... have an automotive problem....

Ya got it made in the shade.... enjoy... and keep us posted on your movements.. I'm sure yours won't be as bad as Mike's about now... walking in the rain... and setting up camp in the rain... takes some of the fun out of it... but, then it might bring back found memories of being in the "field" while in the service.... Gee, wasn't that a lot of fun.... being in the field when it rains for months at a time... not just a couple of days...

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 08:27 AM
South of Maneadero: Dec. 5 view thru the windsheild.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 09:05 AM

Great shots windgrrl ! That dirt bypass roads likes smooth.....unlike what it was during the road construction at the Military area of San Felipe.....wash board galore!

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 11:14 AM

mcfez, I'm at Mom's house in Shingle Springs right now. Been raining since I left LA yesterday at 5 a.m. Only got heavier as I moved north! Poured last night.:o Change of plans meant I had 2 free days. Now another change. All my big stuff is going in storage in Orange, and I don't have to haul it in the rain. Weather looks wet till at least Christmas Eve, and I'd rather pay a few months storage than chance ruining all my furniture. Seems the boat and tackle don't mind getting wet though, :lol:so I'll be in La Paz for Christmas Day, and be fishing on New Years!:biggrin:

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.