Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Coyote Bay Beach Patrol - Easter Madness Begins
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:27 AM
Coyote Bay Beach Patrol - Easter Madness Begins

Here's something an old pal, nomad aquaholic - RIP, and I used to do 'back in the day'..when we were both swinging bachelors.

BEACH PATROL! Load up the Jeep with a two 5-gal buckets of iced chico Pacificos, crank up the tunes... and merrily cruise the beaches of Conception Bay. The Baja version of a 'fox' hunt, so to speak.

Well, today's Beach Patrols are a wee bit different in their objectives, but still fun to do. Here's what the major beaches look like right now...as the Easter Madness gets underway!

Time to fire up La Cruiser. (so it's not a great name...tough)

Beach Patrol has ALWAYS been a favorite activity...especially the last couple years.

Because it IS Eastertime...first stop is at at the Shrine of the Bay to pay our respects.

Below us, a couple kayaks the calm Bay with thier large dog.

A nice cat motors to another anchorage for The Madness.

Jetskis, dingys, and lots of kayakers share the Bay.

Coyote Camp Beach...probably the most-liked in all of Baja.
Lots of room left right now, folks. But..you better Hurry!

They are digging in as I type...

Santispac Beach..still mostly vacant today.

Ranger Roy's deserted Ecomundo palapa, etc. A ruins today...doubtful camping here.

Burros Beach is very popular with the Easter Crowds. Celia and her daughter should rake in mucho pesos this season at the cafe. Congrats, amiga.

Soon, it will be wall-to-wall here. Boom-boom-boom toda noche.

Cocos Beach is slowing filling up with revelers.

But still lots of room..stake your claim now!

Well, folks..that's my little corner of Baja at the start of Easter Madness 2011. I'll try to come back with updates as the event progresses.

Now..to find my mega-boombox..I'll rattle the palms at midnight!! :rolleyes:

[Edited on 4-19-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:32 AM

Thank you Roger!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jack
Nomad

Mood: Eat Heavy

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:33 AM

I was just at Los Cocos three weeks ago, my what a change. Thanks for the pictures.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 10:48 AM

Looks like a good start :bounce: i love seeing pics of easter on the beach , some of my best times in mexico . Thanks , made my day seeing this while sitting here in the mountains of colorado watching a cold and windy day outside .

Keep it coming , thanks :yes:
Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 11:03 AM

Looks good Roger, we always left before the madness!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 11:07 AM

those pics will be SOOOOO different come next week

:o

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 11:10 AM

Love the recon Easter reports! Looking forward to next ones--- like you said "Dig in".
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 11:11 AM

Great photos! Looks like the weather is perfect!

Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 12:17 PM

Look ma...no tanlines

No worries
bajamedic
Nomad

Mood: Just waitin for baja

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 03:17 PM

Roger, I am just a little surprised to see a patio boat out on the bay, I hope they make it back in before the wind kicks it up a little. Have you considered doing a photo essay on the boats around the bay, I see lots of different styles and shapes and only one with a rear tiller. ;) JH
DonBaja
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruzin'

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamedic
Roger, I am just a little surprised to see a patio boat out on the bay, I hope they make it back in before the wind kicks it up a little. Have you considered doing a photo essay on the boats around the bay, I see lots of different styles and shapes and only one with a rear tiller. ;) JH

If you are talking about a pontoon boat..I have been wondering about them too? I have a Playcraft Powertoon, It's a tritoon that we use at the river and Lake Havasu but never thought about taking it to Baja. :light:
Oso
Ultra Nomad

Mood: wait and see

[*] posted on 4-17-2011 at 03:43 PM

Looking forward to Semana Santa at El Golfo...NOT!

It will be bumper to bumper for miles down the beach and the Monday after Easter there will be an approximately one meter wide and several miles long mound of Bud Lite bottles, used diapers, Tecate boxes, plastic bags and assorted other trash all along the high tide line. I'd almost rather go to church. I won't do either, of course.

All my childhood I wanted to be older. Now I\'m older and this chitn sucks.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 05:18 AM

i think mission jim used to run a pontoon on the bay.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 05:42 AM

Incoming!!!! I ran out to Espiritu Santo yesterday morning. As I came around the point at Tecalote, every palapa was taken already, and this is just the beginning! Oh, spotted one billfish at the south end with his nose sticking up, not sure if it was a marlin or a sailfish, too far away.

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 05:58 AM

98 degrees yesterday

78 at 8pm

nice weather

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 07:22 AM

EASTER MADNESS CONTINUES:

Around 6pm yesterday, while driving north to Mulege I came upon a Bad Accident yesterday on the curves near the Shrine of the Bay.

Several police were already there...directing traffic with cones and flagmen. This is at a very treacherous stretch of tight curves with sharp cliffs down to the Bay. A place where many fatal accidents due to excessive speed have happened over the years since the pavement was finished here in '73. Easter Madness compounds the danger.

It appears that a vehicle went over the edge. down the boulders, and ended up in the water on it's side. I don't have any information about it's occupants and thier condition, but an ambulance was dispatched from Mulege. Nor do I have any info about the accident's cause.

I do know it had to have been a very tough ride down that rocky cliff. We pray for the occupants.

And so it goes.....Please drive with caution. Be aware..and be there.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 07:45 AM
Highway conditions near the accident...

While walking very carefully beside the highway's shoulder near the accident scene...(This is not an area I would recommend for a casual walk or jog)...I noticed the poor condition of the pavement near the edge. It is eroding away fast...in a cliff area. Quite close to the accident above.

This is an accident waiting to happen:

[Edited on 4-18-2011 by Pompano]

melsallwet

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 08:08 AM

I can speak from experience about how bad that road is and how fast people drive. I got hit around the corner and was very lucky to walk away after a guy tried to pass me, while I was turning into Coyote. He was only going about 90 mph at the time. Please drive safe and check your mirrors.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 11:33 AM

It was a fatality. A single local occupant. I was visiting a local Mexican National when he got a phone call about it last night, not long after the accident.

One of the rescuers (I don't know if he was the ambulance driver, tow truck driver or one of the rescuers in the water) was the victim's nephew. He didn't know that until the body was being recovered.

What a sad and tragic discovery.

Barbarosa
Nomad

Mood: "On th' road again..."

[*] posted on 4-18-2011 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
and flagmen. This is at a very treacherous stretch of tight curves with sharp cliffs down to the Bay. A place where many fatal accidents due to excessive speed have happened over the years

Ain't that th' trut'.

I was struck (bad choice of words) by that reality as we traveled through that very area. Many places where you could see evidence of vehicles having gone over the cliff. Guard rail damaged or missing or just skidmarks in areas without guardrails. It looked pretty apparent that they'd mostly end very badly.

Barbarosa
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.