BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mag Bay Info Please
buddha

[*] posted on 5-11-2015 at 10:21 AM
Mag Bay Info Please

I have a group of kayak fishermen that are interested in planning a trip to Mag Bay. We would be interested in camping mainly and fishing. Looking for information on areas to camp and also the best times to go fishing there.

Thanks in advance.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-11-2015 at 10:29 AM

As for fishing, look up a tide chart on line and pick the week that has the smallest tide fluctuation.
Camping is no sweat...there are two large campgrounds right next to the launch ramp in the downtown area. Everything within walking distance to restaurants and lodging if you want a break from camping.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-11-2015 at 11:11 AM

September - December is the best fishing time. Otherwise it's pretty minimal anymore.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-12-2015 at 03:37 AM
jimcallard
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2015 at 09:26 PM

Agree with all the above. Believe we have met before in San Lucas Cove. Tell them to reference Kira's Baja Catch and Gary Graham's book on fishing Mag Bay. Then make a copy of the roads from google earth. I have fished all over Baja in a hobie kayak. Last two fishing trips to Mag Bay were to La Posa Grande in December 2013 and to just south of Santo Domingo In late Jan 2015. Easy to kayak across to island south of the Santo Domingo Boca. Caught all the usual suspects except snook. Used spinning gear primarily and sometimes a flyrod. Corvina, halibut, grouper were favorite targets with plastics and hardbait. I live in Loreto, so have them send me an email or call before the end of May. Can send them pics and more specific directions. The place is awesome.
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2015 at 10:15 PM

We have spent a few Christmas vacations around La Poza Grande with a zodiac. It would be great for kayaks. You are out there all alone, not close to a town, if that is what you want.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 5-13-2015 at 11:06 PM
mag bay norte

Got dropped off at "Boca Soledad" in 80/81 and its a blast !! just remember one simple fact..The Islands have LOTS of coyotes and will stack you for your fresh water..they survive by licking the dew off the leaves and are not afraid of humans..if bringing a dog be very,very careful with/of your dog...fishing is GOOOD !!
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 06:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by jimcallard  
Agree with all the above. Believe we have met before in San Lucas Cove.

Jim, this is a different 'buddha'. T'was probably me you met in San Lucas (if in the last 4 years).

Back to the fishing.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 07:03 AM

I see that numbers of Christians is diminishing, does this mean that the number of buddhas is increasing. That might be something to ponder over a bottle of Correlejo.:light:

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 07:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
I see that numbers of Christians is diminishing, does this mean that the number of buddhas is increasing. That might be something to ponder over a bottle of Correlejo.:light:

RASCA EL BUDDHA POR SUERTE !

...Martinis a las Cinco de la tarde, siempre.... :cool:

[Edited on 5-14-2015 by bajabuddha]

86 - 45*

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 07:53 AM

There have been several nites, after drinking Buddhas Martinis, that I have seen more than one of him.............

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 5-14-2015 at 07:59 AM

:biggrin:

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.