Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12
Author: Subject: Road Block Bandits
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:06 PM

I don't agree or disagree, I honestly don't get it. Where is the attack? Please explaine. And we can take this to U2U, others may be weiry of our exchange? Thanks

Mean people suck!
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:19 PM
I disagree

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
I don't want to get real involved here, but David doesn't attack. He counter-attacks. :saint:

He attacks liberals any chance he gets. I think some are Nomads!:rolleyes:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
He attacks liberals any chance he gets. I think some are Nomads!:rolleyes:

Come to think of it............:yes:
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:30 PM

You are right Shark..........He calls me somthing like an un-informed liberal, and I call him a redneck..........but, we do that in person! :lol: I have not seen him do that on the board, but, then I stay away from the "political" forum.......you guys are on your own there :lol::lol::lol::lol::lo

edit for PS

edit to remove "right on Dennis" since you changed you post

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by Debra]

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by Debra]

Mean people suck!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
I don't agree or disagree, I honestly don't get it. Where is the attack? Please explaine. And we can take this to U2U, others may be weiry of our exchange? Thanks

Done

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:36 PM

Debra He can't keep it away from the general forums either. take a look again
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:40 PM
Lecturing Cypress

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Unless a Nomad is a personal friend or acquaintance maybe one should not 'throw stones' at what he shares with us.

Constant negative comments thrown at Nomads who take time to post their trip stories will only end this great feature of Baja Nomad and chase others away.

If you don't have something nice to say, then don't... Some respect for your fellow Nomads would be welcome...

Cypress is about as unassuming as they get. I've never heard him say a mean thing about anyone. Mostly bummed out about the lack of fish as I recall. The website is full of such quotes ... and these are the ones left untouched.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:50 PM

Did I stumble into the teen forum again?:biggrin: I think several of us are weary:light:, but when there is nothing on TV:wow:, a online sureality show. :biggrin:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 01:57 PM

now bass.....dont you be trashing the teen forum amigo!!!:o:spingrin:

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 02:18 PM

Just kidding Shari, the monitor there seems a little more mature than some of my fellow Nimrods, er, I mean Nomads! I say take this little scuffle to Off-Topic, and take the kid gloves off, or get over it!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Diane, I did read this post and I don't see any "nasty attack" I have to say, I'm really confused.

I have been on this board since the begining and Amigo's prior to that, and in the 9 years I can honestly say I have never seen David attack anyone, although I have seen others attack him. I just don't get it.

Thanks Debra...

As you have said I never attack, but I will defend my friends (Mexican, American, or Canadian) from unwarrented harassment or false statements... on RARE occaisions, I might defend our country when some would put it down.

I TRY very hard to maintain friendships here, and often apologize if my response bugs someone... However, I don't ever get the same respect from those I have tried to appease with kindness...

The truth may hurt or may ruin a 'good story', but the truth is the important thing... That someone needs to bring up an non-incident from 9 years ago involving my kids is pretty sad, isn't it? As you said, there was no issue between Doc and me, since the kayak was found. It was someone else who left it on the beach, long after our paid rental hour was over. Is this the BEST you guys can do to throw mud on me? Show me where I ever 'attacked' anyone here with name calling or lies about that person or thier children...

How is it that I have spent so much time promoting Baja, Baja Nomad, Internet friendships through my Viva Baja parties, or other events like the Booksigning or BBBB or other get-togethers, that I would just throw all that out to become a mean person? Does a mean person spend time to help people with their trips or to show maps and books and old photos and new photos to make it a better trip or to make Nomad more interesting for everyone?

I invite everyone to post their trip reports, or to come to our Baja events, or to have a beer at my home or camp NO MATTER what political party they like... I don't care!

IF someone posts a liberal slant on facts or something that puts America down... then I may respond back with a conseravtive answer to either... for balance... and it is not personal... unless you make something personal towards me.

The best way to keep me from talking politics, is for others to not start talking about it...

I will apologize if I ever started a political rant on Nomad... I believe I may have once... If you need more, then show me the threads where I statrted any... no problemo, as I want us all to be happy and friendly here...

Again thanks Debra... a good friend (even though with a different political leaning)!;):yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 02:34 PM

Isn't it a tough life being a martyr and even tougher when you are wrong on those very few occasions... maybe even once. But not to worry plenty of hens to come clucking when the going gets tough.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 02:37 PM

Yes... it is tough trying to smell like a rose of friendship in septic tank of hate.

You are up to 1159 posts Ralph... keep responding with unfriendly stuff if you want, but show me where I have ever been unfriendly to you first or even at all...?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 02:44 PM

post count is not important to me (me being far from the high posters). Nothing Personal DK I just find some of your postings to be self-righteous and others unnecessarily infringing on the threads of others.

Oh darn 1160.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:04 PM

bass..."Nimrods"!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I havent heard that word in years...gonna bring it back into my extensive vocabulary though...thanks for reminding me of it.

and thanks Debra & David for clarification of this blast from the past "event"...and for apologizing...even though we may differ politically (I'm canadian and have no political leaning:lol:) you have always been a polite gentleman with me. I dont give a rat's butt what way you lean as long as you are kind and gentle.

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us. It comes up in soooo many threads on this board but I find it curious how only david K gets picked on for doing it. WE non americans have to put up with it and dont usually mention how disturbing it is... but I gotta tell ya....it does get old and it's kinda funny how you all get so worked up about taking sides and judging people according to left or right. Who cares as long as we can get together and have some fun!!! peace out.

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by shari]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us.

Interesting. I know you are not interested in politics, but when we have traveled in Canada from British Columbia to Prince Edward Island, it seems like everywhere we went, the Canadians were asking us about our politics and then wanted to compare them to their own rather polarized politics---it was interesting to compare.

Same with the Europeans that were traveling there and in Mexico, and we are asked quite a bit about our politics by locals in Bahia Asuncion.

So not sure it is a cultural thing, ---maybe it is much more of a personal thing. And being in the business you are, it is smart to remain apolitical.
:yes:

[Edited on 3-16-2010 by DianaT]

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:30 PM

This thread has been road blocked!:barf:
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
bass..."Nimrods"!!!!! LOVE IT!!! I havent heard that word in years...gonna bring it back into my extensive vocabulary though...thanks for reminding me of it.

and thanks Brenda & David for clarification of this blast from the past "event"...and for apologizing...even though we may differ politically (I'm canadian and have no political leaning:lol:) you have always been a polite gentleman with me. I dont give a rat's butt what way you lean as long as you are kind and gentle.

I mean really...all non americans know that many (NOTE..not all) americans (I mean from the U.S.A.) just cant help mentioning politics in most converstions...we are used to it now and just get that vague far off look in our eyes when ya'll start in on that stuff. It's part of your culture....kinda like beer to us. It comes up in soooo many threads on this board but I find it curious how only david K gets picked on for doing it. WE non americans have to put up with it and dont usually mention how disturbing it is... but I gotta tell ya....it does get old and it's kinda funny how you all get so worked up about taking sides and judging people according to left or right. Who cares as long as we can get together and have some fun!!! peace out.

Same ol same ol' - the backhanded racist insult covered by a (non) political excuse.

Let's call this thread ' the back handed passive aggressive dog pile chorus and leave it at that.

Of course, "I have no political affiliations, only that I am peaceful and kind and therefore the rest of you suck rotten jalapenos".
redmesa
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:34 PM

"Politicks is the science of good sense, applied to public affairs, and, as those are forever changing, what is wisdom to-day would be folly and perhaps, ruin to-morrow. Politicks is not a science so properly as a business. It cannot have fixed principles, from which a wise man would never swerve, unless the inconstancy of men's view of interest and the capriciousness of the tempers could be fixed." [Fisher Ames (17581808)]

Hmm that "good sense" idea I wonder where we find that?? I apologize for the lack of gender neutral statements in this quote. Just goes to show how gender politics have changed.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2010 at 03:35 PM

Ok, getting back on topic...banditos roadblock

DSC04651.JPG - 43kB

Pages:  1  ..  8    10    12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.