BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Thank you Mr Doug...........
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:34 AM

I don't have a horse in this race, have never met any involved, and am dismayed to see an otherwise good-spirited public forum dragged down by outright threats of violence and malicious posting of an individual's personal details.

Since there are other ways to communicate to each other(u2U, email), it demonstrates an intent to inform others.

"...li?bel1 (`lī-bəl)
n. 2. 1. A defamatory statement or representation esp. in the form of written or printed words; specif A false published statement that injures an individual's reputation (as in business) or otherwise exposes him or her to public contempt
2. The publication of such a libel
3. The crime or tort of publishing a libel...

...A libel plaintiff must generally establish that the alleged libel refers to him or her specifically, that it was published to others, and that some injury (as to reputation) occurred that gives him or her a right to recover damages (as actual, general, presumed, or special damages).

The defendant may plead and establish the truth of the statements as a defense. Criminal libel may have additional elements, as in tending to provoke a breach of peace..."

It may turn out that those things written about David are true; perhaps not.

If not, an individual contemplating hiring him who decides not to on the basis of those statements is an example of actual damages.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:41 AM
Hire him?

I use bamboo for my drip systems. And I talk to people who live in and actually know of what they speak when it comes to Baja.
In fact, I didn't even realize he was looking for a job on here. No wonder he embellishes everything, it's his resume:lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:44 AM

yankeeirishman
there are laws now against that sort of thing. I wouldnt hesitate filing an legal complaint and lawsuit if I felt I or my family's safty was invaded.

Bruce
Do you feel this happened to you or David K here on this Forum

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Anonymous
I don't have a horse in this race, have never met any involved, and am dismayed to see an otherwise good-spirited public forum dragged down by outright threats of violence and malicious posting of an individual's personal details.

Since there are other ways to communicate to each other(u2U, email), it demonstrates an intent to inform others.

"...li?bel1 (`lī-bəl)
n. 2. 1. A defamatory statement or representation esp. in the form of written or printed words; specif A false published statement that injures an individual's reputation (as in business) or otherwise exposes him or her to public contempt
2. The publication of such a libel
3. The crime or tort of publishing a libel...

...A libel plaintiff must generally establish that the alleged libel refers to him or her specifically, that it was published to others, and that some injury (as to reputation) occurred that gives him or her a right to recover damages (as actual, general, presumed, or special damages).

The defendant may plead and establish the truth of the statements as a defense. Criminal libel may have additional elements, as in tending to provoke a breach of peace..."

It may turn out that those things written about David are true; perhaps not.

If not, an individual contemplating hiring him who decides not to on the basis of those statements is an example of actual damages.

oh grate now we have an Anonymous lawyer:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:51 AM

Diver, a lie is to say something you know to be false.

From the things JR was saying and the actions by the moderator, I PRESUMED it was JR who whined to Doug. Doug said not so, and that is good enough for me. I am sorry for accusing JR. I do not lie.

Now, you want to bet the person who has been telling lies about me and my kids isn't man enough to apologize?

Too bad you cannot seperate my Baja posts from my need to protect my character or my family from the 2-3 here who so love to try and make me look bad.

I look forward to discussing only Baja here...

I did not promote Fred's board or mass email everyone to come to Nomad after Amigos went off the air because there is more to 'Baja' than just questions and answers... There is the potential of great friendships created from the fellowship of Baja enthusiasts. Fred's board is not for friendly conversations and social gathering... Nomad is... I contacted Doug before I emailed everyone to clear my actions with him... I have an interest in helping Doug have a great forum (the more Baja friends the better), so it pains me to see just a couple people here use it to promote their hate of me and my friends (most of you), and see so little done to to end it quickly. Doug needs more moderators and allow them to do their job as they see fit (following this board's rules).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 08:58 AM
Get a grip

more moderators? :lol: David, you are lieing again. You somehow got BajaAddict to make threats against me with your lieing and when he found out how you work, he got peeed and posted your u2u stating exactly that.
Many on here have reported your u2uing them when they first joined and making accusations yourself.
You are doing a fine job of showing everyone the true whiney David yourself. Now you are saying you don't lie when you were publicly caught at it last week.:lol:

Well, I'll say one thing, you make a mighty fine target there hombre!
Bajaddict
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
more moderators? :lol: David, you are lieing again. You somehow got BajaAddict to make threats against me with your lieing and when he found out how you work, he got peeed and posted your u2u stating exactly that.
Many on here have reported your u2uing them when they first joined and making accusations yourself.
You are doing a fine job of showing everyone the true whiney David yourself. Now you are saying you don't lie when you were publicly caught at it last week.:lol:

Well, I'll say one thing, you make a mighty fine target there hombre!
Bajaddict here..... Actually JR, to set the record straight, you peed me off with a few insults - I got inappropriatly angry and invited you to say them to my face. I stated that a person making such statements in person would be in need of dental work. Not exactly a direct threat - but close enough. If you did not see my earlier apology for this behaviour let me again say that I am sorry and that that kind of statement was inexcusable. I was acting on my own, with no input from DK.

David K took that oppourtunity to begin getting familiar in posts, even displaying images of myself and my wife. As he was in a beef with you at the time, I suspected that he was trying to "recruit" me into his BS. I was unhappy with my suspisions, to say the least. And was uncomfortable with the fact the he was involving my wife in his game.

The final straw came when you posted that you were physically afraid that David and I would knock your teeth out. I didn't mind making you angry, but did not want you to fear for your safety on my behalf... especially if you thought that I was in cahoots with David K****. I immedealty U2U'd you and told you that you had nothing to fear from me.

I U2U'd DK, and requested that he remove the photos. He responded "What would you like me to do? The photos are not new, they have been online since taken... What would you like me to do? The photos are not new, they have been online since taken...

It was my way of letting JR know you were not some newbie, that he doesn't know anything... plus as tough looking as you are... he might shut up! LOL"
This confirmed my suspiscions, and led to my original posting of his U2U.

As I have stated before, I am my own man. I could not stand for the fact that DK tried to make me his stooge, and was invovling my wife. This game of his was repulsive chickensh*t, and had to be stopped cold.

[Edited on 7-15-2005 by BajaNomad]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 01:27 PM
Take no offense

Your apology was accepted as it sounded as if you meant it! No worries.
There were others who posted with the same complaints and the thread was deleted as you know.
Pretty much validates what we have been saying the way I see it.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 03:25 PM
David K

Darn it! You are your own worst enemy and you seem hell bent on painting a target on yourself--both front and back.

Not too long ago you had, without a doubt, more friends on this board than anyone else. People were impressed with your overwhelming knowledge of Baja and your desire to help anyone. As you know I have asked for your help in developing a few short stories and you were more than happy to assist and went out of your way to do so.

That said, I have to ask you to just quit defending yourself--there is no need as most people on this board, including the ones who get a kick out of popping your bubble, know that you are a wonderful guy etc etc etc.

Doug is without a doubt one of the greatest friends you will ever have and yet you still continue to try to tell him how to run 'his' board.

Mellow out and let your friends remain your friends! Don't keep trying to push them away just because they do not agree with you in all things large and small.

I must tell you that I considered you a real Baja friend but now I try not to get involved in your posts because they end up being bossy and negative---AND that is not the David I first got to know! Nor is it the guy you wish to be.

Please give this some thought before you assume your defensive mode. Your 'showing the way' mode is so much more fun for us all.

Sure! I like JR too.

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 04:24 PM

Wow:o

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 05:25 PM
Wow is right!

Bruce, you keeping score? Give that round to Bajaddict.

All of this proves that anyone who uses email or instant messaging or posts on an internet forum should do so as if they'd just been given the following warning (with a nod to Miranda): Anything you say can and will be used against you. Guide yourself accordingly.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 05:28 PM

It is realy sad that people who attack me and my friends here (first) get a free card... But, if I defend myself and my children, that is wrong???

Bernie, I think you do not see the hate posted against me only my responce to it.

Bernie, I have been accused here on Nomad of stealing, forging, having my kids taken by CPS, lying, being a deadbeat, and more. Why are these lies okay to post and Me No and JR get a free ride????

Why should anybody get to use this board to slander or harass anybody???

Bajaddict, I really do not understand you. I did not post anything new that was aquired witout your knowledge. At ANY time you could have asked me to remove any photos (including ones YOU sent to me to share)!
YOU cannot even see what I asked you: "What do you want me to do?" YOU never told me before getting all bent out of shape... I was getting real tired of JR's non stop harassment of you and other Americans who had an opinion about Baja. I took the opportunity to SHOW JR with your photo (that was on the Internet already), that you were not a Baja newbie... BUT, I did it indirectly with photos of some other Amigos de Baja who are still around... and made it into a guess who game. They were photos of you and others in a public setting (BBBB-4), having fun. What was it that made these public party photos all of a suddon upsetting (to just you)? None the mater, because they are no longer on my web sites (where they've been since taken, with your knowledge).

That is quite a far cry from the link you posted to Baja.net with photos stolen from my site and worse still a photo taken with a telephoto lens of me scratching myself to embarass me or my son who was in the original photo posted on .net. That photo I requested many times to be removed... BajaBlackie (the owner of Baja.net refuses). So, he is ok to do that and you use them too?

What I did sir, was to stand up for you... and if you didn't like it you could have asked me to remove it... which you did not, you just want to continue to harm me. Thanks alot.

JR, you love being the troublemaker because it gets a reaction. I NEVER u2u newbies and warn them about anything. Bajaddict was not a newbie, and I thought I explained myself to him why I was on 'his side' to show you that you didn't know 'everything' and I used the word 'anything' by mistake... You didn't know Bajaddict was an old timer, in this case.

What many do not understand is that what I do on the Internet is to assist others to have a great time in Baja... for free. That seems to be the issue. I guess most of you are so greedy or think there is a money motive to all actions, you call me a self promoter or worse. I enjoy writing about Baja and there is no money motive. I could easily sell my bumper stickers, but I give them away because I think they help sread the Baja spirit of generosity... I even pay for the stamps and envelopes.

Baja Nomad (Doug) wanted to keep the Amigos de Baja theme going and I have helped Doug with promoting this site. Many of you came here because you read about it on web sites or got an email from me inviting you to post here.

Yes, I am unhappy that Doug allows the trash posts against others or won't get additional help to remove it quickly... I have offered as much help as I am able for Doug and this site.

I also offered to get Doug 'Baja Nomad' stickers for free that he could sell when I did the first printing of 'got baja?' stickers... So please do not accuse me of being anti Nomad. I also arranged for a famous Baja cartoonist to create art for Nomad T shirts, in order to help Doug get some kind of income from this site. It sure would be nice if more than one or two of you could show some thanks or be nice enough to also tell JR and Me No to take a hike when they (unprovoked) attack me.

If you have any more doubts or questions, just go to my web site or notebook and see if there isn't a ton of helpfull stuff so the Baja explorer in you can get some ideas... and it is FREE... NO PROMOTION, NO SALES... Just Baja details and Baja loving people there.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Bruce, you keeping score? Give that round to Bajaddict.

All of this proves that anyone who uses email or instant messaging or posts on an internet forum should do so as if they'd just been given the following warning (with a nod to Miranda): Anything you say can and will be used against you. Guide yourself accordingly.

Book um Dano you got that one right ,5 points for Bajaddict. :lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:28 PM
no no....!

Sorry Bruce.... you are dead wrong. My intent here is not to fight with you on this point or to make points. It is important that some fellows here (on the forums) understand that you can get into serious legal avenues by making intent threats. Sorry
My business is 90% Internet. We get a few idiots once in a while with complaints or threats because we sue some folks for payment surrender of services. The Sacramento D.A. Office sees Internet threats as any other type of bodily threat?illegal! My lawyers have used their office twice so far. Sacramento Police Department also has a cyber division, as it is the same with other large cities of this country that goes after the lawbreakers. Recently Microsoft awarded Sacramento with a$250.000 grant to be shared with a few other towns. Yes Bruce?there IS indeed laws against this sort of non-sense. Here?s just one of many that is on the legal books (below). I dont have a clue how you think there are no such laws. Again....with respect here I write to you.

The Federal law provides an important tool to combat cyberstalking. Under Title 18 U.S.C. 875Ic), it is a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, to transmit any communication in interstate or foreign commerce containing a threat to injure the person of another. This law includes threats transmitted over the telephone, e-mail, beepers, or the Internet.

David K?.Bernie only said to you what I was trying to say?.we all know you are good. These guys are only messing with you for their pleasures.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:37 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaawn

"Bernie, I have been accused here on Nomad of stealing, forging, having my kids taken by CPS, lying, being a deadbeat, and more."

I never said you stole, forged, dealt with cps, or are a deadbeat Dad.

I said you have spent so little time in Baja, and pretend that you know of what you speak, and have a following that have less time than you, it has made you turn into a blowhard that thinks he's cool because of spending more time in Baja than your chicken coop grouper friends. Which is also doubtful!

Why don't you post some stories, pictures of places wild, real Baja stuff, anything besides posting peoples pictures everytime they are mentioned, gps coordinates of places you haven't been, and letting us know how brutally picked on you are.

You David, out of everyone on here, are the least Baja like out of everyone. Baja guru?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by yankeeirishman
Sorry Bruce.... you are dead wrong. My intent here is not to fight with you on this point or to make points. It is important that some fellows here (on the forums) understand that you can get into serious legal avenues by making intent threats. Sorry
My business is 90% Internet. We get a few idiots once in a while with complaints or threats because we sue some folks for payment surrender of services. The Sacramento D.A. Office sees Internet threats as any other type of bodily threat?illegal! My lawyers have used their office twice so far. Sacramento Police Department also has a cyber division, as it is the same with other large cities of this country that goes after the lawbreakers. Recently Microsoft awarded Sacramento with a$250.000 grant to be shared with a few other towns. Yes Bruce?there IS indeed laws against this sort of non-sense. Here?s just one of many that is on the legal books (below). I dont have a clue how you think there are no such laws. Again....with respect here I write to you.

The Federal law provides an important tool to combat cyberstalking. Under Title 18 U.S.C. 875Ic), it is a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, to transmit any communication in interstate or foreign commerce containing a threat to injure the person of another. This law includes threats transmitted over the telephone, e-mail, beepers, or the Internet.

David K?.Bernie only said to you what I was trying to say?.we all know you are good. These guys are only messing with you for their pleasures.

please go back and read my posts , I never said or implied that there are not such laws. I know there are and that is good . I think you try to read to much in between the lines. and I am not that good of a writer. so it can be easy to get confused with my posts. I just think it is better to let the administrator do the editing but if you need to intervene then do so and don't replace the thread you had removed with a new one that is an obvious pat on the back for you and throws more gas on the fire for the others. that is all I meant :saint:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 06:53 PM

yankeeirishman
there are laws now against that sort of thing.

Mmmmm....I wasnt the confused one here Sir. Nor do I arrange what I "want to read" in partial. Also, and AGAIN...I said to you "with respect to you"....(that means I was truely being nice towards you). Thanks for the slap back ol boy. Felt good.

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:08 PM
File this under

"One life to david"
"General David"
"Day's of our Davids"
" Desperate David's"

When you gossip, u2u other's with your gossip, play games in general, it seems to be contagious there DK. I would say you have had success in turning this board into exactly what you wanted and worked so hard for through your lies, denials, deletions, and (ahem) influence, a P-nche gringo novela!

Again!!:light:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:16 PM

Dang! I give up.

I know all of the stuff David recycled as do all of us who read this board.

I was just trying as Yankee said to get a friend to chill out and bury the past. I even asked that David pause before he became defensive because some people just enjoy bursting his bubble.

I guess I have fulfilled my obligations as a friend and will say no more.

Yankee, It scares me that we seem to be growing closer in our approach to this wonderful board. Thanks for bringing up the potential threat of lawsuits to enforce etiquette or lack of it on this board because it allows me to disagree with your approach to problem solving.

Come on JR--enough is enough--let it rest!

[Edited on 7-15-2005 by Baja Bernie] This was edited on 7-14-05 NOT 7-15-05---right after JR last post.

[Edited on 7-15-2005 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Bajaddict
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2005 at 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I was getting real tired of JR's non stop harassment of you and other Americans who had an opinion about Baja. I took the opportunity to SHOW JR with your photo (that was on the Internet already), that you were not a Baja newbie... BUT, I did it indirectly with photos of some other Amigos de Baja who are still around... and made it into a guess who game. They were photos of you and others in a public setting (BBBB-4), having fun..... blah blah blah...... :barf:

What I did sir, was to stand up for you... blah blah blah.... :barf:

Bajaddict was not a newbie, and I thought I explained myself to him why I was on 'his side' to show you that you didn't know 'everything' and I used the word 'anything' by mistake... You didn't know Bajaddict was an old timer, in this case....... blah blah blah.... :barf:
David K****.... If having my photos up on your website, attending your crappy parties, or having you "stand up for me" validates my "old timer" status then, please, call me "Newbie" from now on. Your help is not wanted, needed, or genuine. Your "noble" actions were part of an agenda, and you got caught. You are right about one thing, you do not understand me at all.

One good thing came of posting your U2U, my inbox now stays nice and empty :lol::lol: just how I like it!

[Edited on 7-15-2005 by BajaNomad]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.