Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gone to Baja trip report with 9 pages of pics
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 09:51 AM
too far....

Its got to be at least 6hrs by boat to get to the islands. It you where gonna go for it I would head from Penasco to San Felipe then follow the coast down to the islands. A better chance would be to trailer your boat to San Felipe and then head out from there. The best bet is to trailer your boat down to Puertecitos and launch there.

Of course it depends on what type of boat and range you have and how much you can tollerate long boat trips. What type of boat is it? Is your boat kept in Penasco or do you just trailer and launch there? I hear that there are some islands by penasco but I have never been there.

GTB
ric

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 01:12 PM

Are we talking 120 or 150 miles? Or is it even farther? I would not attempt it in my current boat, a 2000 trophy 2302 with 150hp mercury and 100 gallon fuel tank. I get about 2mpg so I dont go more than 60 miles one way. But my next boat in 1-3 years will have much greater range. Long boat trips dont bother me, especially if i do it as an overnighter. I leave my boat in puerto penasco now.

Very few islands in puerto penasco area. bird island is 30 miles se of puerto penasco and that is it. Fishing can be pretty good at the island but nothing like the enchante islands from what I here.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 06:46 PM
Ric - where do you live? AZ??

if you want to hook up with Dale we can simply fly to Puertocitos, i am in Scottsdale, so get in touch if you want - he has all the gear and you pay one $$ for total package plus flight which is split $$.

i will be going once the weather gets right, around Octubre...
get in touch amigo. email @

info at comanchebuilders dot com

or via flybaja dot com

he knows his caca about baja spearing!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 06:50 PM

By the way Ric - i love Trophy sport boats! talk to me please when you decide to sell yours, i'd have you cruise (on SOC) it to Mulege direct from Guaymas, easy 83 mile run, then fly you back to...?:smug:;D:biggrin:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

ric

[*] posted on 8-7-2005 at 07:46 PM

capt mike

I will definately give you a call when I am ready to sell. Proabably in a year or two. I have been thinking about the Trophy 2902. You have any reports on that boat from anybody who has owned one for a while? My 2302 has been the perfect boat for fishing the puerto penasco area out to a maximum of 50-60 miles, but I am looking for something with more range and also to be better for overnighting.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-8-2005 at 04:33 AM

i like the trophys with the 135 I/O isuzu merc diesel option. great mileage but you need to have access to a good marina for maintenance - not one at my plaace in mulege....yet that is! There are some big plans in the offing for mulege though.

can you send me some pics of your boat and an equipment list?

yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 8-9-2005 at 06:45 PM

excellent report. thanks!

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2005 at 11:52 PM
I need a plane man!!!!!

Mike,

I could use a pilot to take some of my customers direct to Gonzaga Bay and meet them there. I also need to talk to you about how much it would cost to split some expenses regarding some sight seeing by air in the San Felipe area.

Send me a U2U, or Im gonna just call you up.

I have got another trip heading out on the 24th so Ill be posting another report after that. My friend has been seeing alot of whale sharks in the early morning.....

Mike, how many pepole with gear can your plane carry? Is it possible to film out of it?

GTB
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2005 at 03:03 AM

i am pretty swamped with my new start up project now. some weekends available but M-F i am buried! Sat early i am going to fly to riverside to look at a boat. my last target fell thru due to a total flake on the selling end....
you need a 6 place cherokee six which is a flying Suburban. i can take 3 plus me and 100-200 lbs of gear depending on pax weight and gas needed to tanker.
avgas is real high now close to $4 a gal some markets. along with all the rest of the costs with small plane flying like insurance which is going out of control....thx all you tort lawyers out there.....

we can discuss some stuff but with me in phx and you in socal it will get pricey just with positioning. the best use would be drop offs from phx market. i love going to gonzaga by air.
where you going on 24th? if you took or some drove to SF i could pick up there and its 30 min or so to gonzaga from there.:coolup::spingrin:

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.