BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Poll: How many rods and reels do you own?
less than 10 --- 9 (20%)
more than 10 --- 22 (48.89%)
more than 25 --- 8 (17.78%)
more than 50 --- 3 (6.67%)
Don't know --- 3 (6.67%)

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How many rods and reels do you own?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 07:41 PM
Speaking of grayling

Nobody is except me. But anyway, here is a photo of one we got 2 weeks ago.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 07:52 PM
blueberries

One of the great amenities to fishing for grayling in alaska is blueberries. They grow in the bushes along the stream banks. Milk, sugar, and blueberries - a great combination.
soulpatch
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 07:55 PM

I'll have to say that I have wound a very few rods and I found it addicting and somewhat Zen...... if I could afford it I have about a hundred floating around just because.

jim janet
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 08:18 PM

Stories,I got a hundred Did I tell you about the auction I went to and got a bargain on three new to me rods and reels Only 100bucks. I had to lie and say my other rods didnt work.The new ones worked this last week 6 spring salmon all 20-20#
Jim:yes::yes::yes:
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2005 at 07:55 AM

It is an illness. Too much stuff, where to keep it? Marlin nuts are the worse. Now the got to have lure is the SevenStrand EAL, electronic noise emmitering lure at 200 bucks each. Ouch.

Great to see fishing boared active. Baseball and fishing, I love summertime!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2005 at 11:24 AM

We just got back from a quickie road trip to Bahia from Ensenada. We must have taken about 10 rods and reels from the garage, and about 40 lbs of tackle for the trip. We ended up using only 4 rods and reels the whole trip. Two for bait, the other two for the rest of the fishing we did. We used the same two set ups the whole time as well. One dropper loop set up and one heavy purple mackerel croc. You can never have too much gear, but it's funny how you end up never using it all.
Like my grandmother used to say, "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

The fishing was good, no Dorado as they had moved outside. Igor was getting them as he had the range. Doc had a few, but they were small. The bait was there, but too big. The boys out in the channel used strip bait. We hit the Yellowtail just fine, misc. bottom fish and a Grouper or two.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.