BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: HAUNTED PLACES OF BAJA.
BirdDog
Nomad

Mood: Desperate to move to Baja

[*] posted on 3-28-2007 at 06:56 PM

I know for sure there is a ghost at shari's beach house. When we were ther in Feb I woke to find a women touching something and it wasn't my cheek.:biggrin:
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 3-28-2007 at 07:01 PM
it was gasper the friendly ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by BirdDog
I know for sure there is a ghost at shari's beach house. When we were ther in Feb I woke to find a women touching something and it wasn't my cheek.:biggrin:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
RockhouseTom
Junior Nomad

Mood: Really Ready to Go!

[*] posted on 3-29-2007 at 10:16 PM

My son loves to "night ride" in our Rino every night when we are at our place in BOLA. We have spent many unforgetable hours together, alone in Pitch black and moon light so bright that we run for miles with out lights, visions of the Baja 1000 dancing in our heads. We ride South from the Bay of LA past las Flores and the Cemetery and out into the waiting desert. At speed we have seen many Things that you can't identify and we have never slowed down to do so! When it is time to make our turn arround the hair on the back of our necks is standing straight up. Haunted? For Sure.:O

At least by us.

night riders.jpg - 47kB

\"FREEDOM\" William Wallace
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 08:30 AM

Awesome stuff...

Besides the cemetery near the jail house in Las Flores... There is another, the one were the workers were buried... Have you been to it?

Photo of Desert Rat and Jesus Flores at the Las Flores Cemetery... (near the jail)...

[Edited on 3-30-2007 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

zforbes
Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 10:08 AM
Something strange in San Roque

I will attest to out-of-kilter things at San Roque that I'm still trying to put a logical spin on. Shari and I observed stationary lights on a hill where none should appear. I awoke to check the view throughout the night, and it was there until the dawn. We searched the area the next day and saw no sign of anything that would reflect moonlight. Now I'm wondering if maybe there were vapors released as part of the earthquake activity? Could they glow in the dark?

\"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair.\"
Swedish proverb
RockhouseTom
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 06:34 PM

David,

We have been to the Las Flores Cemetery a number of Times at Night. A very spooky place in the dark. Where is the one the workers were buried, in relation to the jail? Here is a photo of the inhabitants of the Jail on one of the night runs to Las Flores.

bats.jpg - 49kB

RockhouseTom
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 06:51 PM

Here is another picture of the inside of the jail during the day.

We Jailed part of Camp Gecko's kid crew. :light:

[Edited on 3-31-2007 by RockhouseTom]

gecko kid crew.jpg - 47kB

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 08:00 PM

Hi Tom,

Cool bat photo...

I am still looking for the workers (or poor man's) graveyard... Sarah and I did some driving and hiking in the area we had heard it was in, but no luck yet. If I find it, you will be informed. If it appears to be a sensitive and unvisited place, I will check with the person who told me about it and the museum people before publishing here on Nomad.

Let's hope that the local ejido doesn't plow over the site like they did at San Juan de Dios (because it was virtually unknown and didn't have enough value to the locals to attract tourists)!

It is funny that there was even a 'class system' in death as their was in life, back then!

Las Flores was a big town for several years, and the mortality rate would have been far greater than the few graves that are near the jail.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zforbes
I will attest to out-of-kilter things at San Roque that I'm still trying to put a logical spin on. Shari and I observed stationary lights on a hill where none should appear. I awoke to check the view throughout the night, and it was there until the dawn. We searched the area the next day and saw no sign of anything that would reflect moonlight. Now I'm wondering if maybe there were vapors released as part of the earthquake activity? Could they glow in the dark?
That happen to us in Guadalupe Canyon, we keep looking at this light in one of the hills,it did'nt move it will be gone by dawn.My brother climb the hill the next day and found a solar yard light that somebody must off left there to have some fun with people like us.:?:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2007 at 09:04 PM

That solar yard light has been up there for awhile! They don't last too long normally, so it is surprising how long that one has lasted!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 07:31 PM

bump by me bajacat

mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
While reading Pappy John's trip reports,about him camping alone in the ruins of Santa maria mission,a place where Im sure some people had a not so good departure,makes me wonder if there is any haunted places in Baja.The place that gives me the creeps is the canyon that you decent to reach el Volcan,by the onyx school.That place looks just like a perfect place for a horror movie:?:,while in San Borja some of the dark rooms inside the missions gives the empression that they are not empty:(.Two years ago while camping in HANSON, I was told that at night you can hear a baby crying?..so nomads what spooky stories do you guys have..I dare you to tellllllllllllllll:fire:

[Edited on 3-25-2007 by BAJACAT]
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 09:20 PM
ET

Any El Tomatil stories ..

http://vivabaja.com/et/

That place is definitely spooky. camp there and go running!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 09:25 PM

A certain British friend has some El Tomatal stories... Maybe with is new citizenship secured, he will finally tell us what happened there?

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2009 at 11:05 PM

We had a visitor one evening at Pt. Final.

... but I already shared that with you.

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 10:39 AM

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 10:57 AM

Forty some years ago when I lived at Rancho El Metate in San Juan De Dios I was walking down the road as it was getting dark toward the gate to make sure it was closed. As I approached the gate I saw movement in my left peripheral. When I looked over I saw an Indian wearing what appeared to be a white shirt and white pants with a colorful headband and something colorful around his waist. He walked to within 30 feet of me, stopped, looked at me and appeared to say something then he turned around and walked off. As he walked off he just seemed to disappear. It scared the beJesus out of me. Sany told me there is an Indian spirit on the ranch property. Also one moonlit night I was standing outside of the current house at El Metate when it was under construction. All of a sudden the moonlit ground turned dark then light again. It was like something huge flew over and blocked the moon. That scared me too.

I'm told that if you are at El Marmol at night you can go to the cemetery located south west of the old school house and see apparitions walking or floating around.

[Edited on 7-17-2009 by ELINVESTI8]

landyacht318
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 11:41 AM
fireface

I had to occupy a different campsite due to my usual being taken.
I wasn't very drunk, and wasn't on anything else, but myself and one other kept seeing things in the campfire, but couldn't agree on what kept showing up.

SO I took this photo which vaguely resembled a canine. When I put it on my PC the partial face appeared in the top right of the flames.

It was taken next to the sheer bluff at Punta Cabras. It has freaked out more than one person, on both sides of the border

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 01:48 PM

What about the giant horned pig on the left???!!!

Yikes!

landyacht318
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2009 at 02:07 PM

Never noticed the devil pig before. Good eyes.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.