Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: fun loving youngsters commit "faut pas" in Asuncion
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 04:19 PM

Now, there are a couple of nudist resorts in Mexico, one for sure in Cancun and the other one was in Loreto. People should be respectful of the community that they are visiting and only do these things where appropriate. I agree with Sharksbaja and BarryA. along with Minnow if they are showing and I can see, weeeeeeeeeeellllll I will look. A little look oh what the hell a lot of free looks do not hurt any as long as we do not touch, the last thing on not touching is the wife's rule and she is definately sticking to it after 32 years.

Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 05:16 PM

Once while at the KOA in Chula Vista some "yahoo" (German) decided to change pool-side from his shorts into his thong in full view of everyone.......that day the pool was full of several familes with young childern (about 20 under 10yrs. old) a reunion was going on. I remember one 5yr. old little girl run screaming to her father (seemed pretty obvious what she had been through in the not to distant past) I say, keep your dang clothes on around others unless you are at a place you know for sure it is okay!

Now, I have to say, skinny dipping is, and always has been a favorite thing for me, but, I sure know when to keep it private!

Mean people suck!
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 05:21 PM

Deb,
Check your u2u.

P<*)))><

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 09:06 PM

An unfortunate 2007 pool-side event at the place I stayed at lasy year in Baja:
New arrivals from USA got wasted, returned in the middle of the night, seranaded the locals and the tourists, then :barf: on the pool deck. This prompted a European to walk out of his room in the buff and loudly proclaim, "We are not all Americans around here!", then made immedistae arrangements to transfer his family to another hotel. Foolishness is not restricted to any given nation!

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by windgrrl
Foolishness is not restricted to any given nation!

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

In Bella Coola, British Columbia, we had other Germans apologizing for the behavior of one Berliner. :lol::lol:

islandmusicteach
Junior Nomad

Mood: almost in baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 10:58 PM
it's time for a poll...

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=27582
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2007 at 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Well, I posted a pic. of one floating in the surf, but apparently some more prudish entity on this board removed it.:saint::saint::rolleyes:

I think Doug (Baja Nomad) once posted he would like this board to remain family friendly and no more graphic than PG-13... I saw that photo before it was removed, and it was an R and pretty gross at that! :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Minnow
Banned

Mood: Embarrased Harry Reid is a Nevadan

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 02:04 AM

She was an example of why most of us should keep our clothes on.:lol:

Proud husband of a legal immigrant.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 04:36 AM

Windgrrl, Diane............point taken

My pointing out that the man was from Germany was not to say that the Germans are all "Foolish" (as windgrrl put it) what I was trying to say in my inept way, is that cultures are different and we all should be aware so as not to cause harm to others..............When in Rome? you know the rest.

Mean people suck!
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
Windgrrl, Diane............point taken

My pointing out that the man was from Germany was not to say that the Germans are all "Foolish" (as windgrrl put it) what I was trying to say in my inept way, is that cultures are different and we all should be aware so as not to cause harm to others..............When in Rome? you know the rest.

Debra---sure hope you did not think we thought you thought that---gees, does that make sense?

Diane and John

805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 11:26 AM

Unfortunately, many newcomers to Baja feel that they can leave all normal law abiding practices at the border. I hope they were informed of their cultural mistakes before they do it in a place that gets them in trouble.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:26 PM

To set the record straught...these poor kids have never been in baja, knew nothing about the mexican culture and had been cooped up in a hot dusty van for 4 days....they went to the beach in their bathing suits...and when the sweet little french girl said "I don't usually use a bathing suit in the sea" I said OK and off she skipped and when her amiga saw her she too lost the suit. Our beach is very protected and cannot be seen from the road( I have swam in my birthday suit there before too but without an audience) so I saw no harm in it and it was delightful to watch these lovely sea nymphs run down to the ocean and revel in it's frothy waves...once in the water you don't notice they're naked anyway...they were having so much fun...it was sunset so nobody really could see their backlit nakedness on the rock either(unless they had binoculars I guess) so I really didn't have a problem with it...I LOVE getting naked too and came VERY VERY close to shedding my shorts too and joining the squealing kids(but didn't our of respect for the culture here) so take it easy on the poor souls...I did talk to them about it afterwards and told them they could get fined for such antics and described how the women swim here in long jeans and a t-shirt! so they'e been warned.

[Edited on 10-22-2007 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:36 PM

Still does not make it right. As I understand it the beach is not private and I have seen other people (locals) in that same area. You should have posted this on bloody decks. You would have gotten a more positive reponse
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:43 PM

I've had two "naked baja" experieces.
1 I was at Guerillmos in Bola. It was the 1st time I'd seen SOC. I was on a 4x4 trip with Orange Coast College. We were in town for a quick stop so I went for a quick swim. I was changing into dry shorts in the the back of an open jeep using the SoCal surfer towel method. The "move out" command came over the radio and the jeep took off. I was stading in the back with just the towel and had to grab the rollbar to keep from falling out. My towel came flying off and I basically "mooned" the entire town on our way down the made drag. If they were mad about it I never heard anything.
The other was at San Pedrito and I was changing to dry shorts after a beach session. I was using my truck door for cover but didn't notice a man and his family near by. I inadverently "mooned" the family. The grandma,wife,daughter etc. When I noticed them the dad was looking angry. I thought I was in trouble but just some mean hard looks.

[Edited on 10-22-2007 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:44 PM

No excuse for not learning a little before people travel---

Diane

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:51 PM

I'm not condoning their actions but find this whole thread a bit odd. I'm not a Mexican and thus will not preach as to what is offensive to the Mexicans. I'm sure we're all guilty of offending Mexicans and their culture at one time or another. I think there are far better means of approaching this issue than attacking these kids with a righteous attitude.

Just my observation.

Zac

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:57 PM

I wasn't LOOKING for a positive response, when I post I don't do it for the responses...I just thought it was interesting and could make a good topic...maybe some newbie may learn from it...it IS a good baja topic.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
I'm not condoning their actions but find this whole thread a bit odd. I'm not a Mexican and thus will not preach as to what is offensive to the Mexicans. I'm sure we're all guilty of offending Mexicans and their culture at one time or another. I think there are far better means of approaching this issue than attacking these kids with a righteous attitude.

Just my observation.

Zac

It is not a righteous attitude, and yes we are all learning and making mistakes---- but really, this one does not take much knowledge about the culture. Reading just a little in an ordinary guide book would be enough. Poor taste, is poor taste----would be different if they were in the south of France.

It is really more about creating and maintaining positive relationships between the locals and the newcomers and the tourists from the north. There are already locals who don't want any of us there.

Lots of isolated beaches available near BA

John and Diane

[Edited on 10-22-2007 by jdtrotter]

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 02:14 PM

We have all been young and foolish, (I still am), and they will learn from there mistakes, if you can call that a mistake. From what I gather, the one girl was from Quebec, they do things a bit different in Quebec, they don't have all the hang ups the rest of us have over a naked body. I think everyone should just chill, and remember the silly things you did when you were twenty something.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2007 at 02:26 PM

Gypsy

Agree, but the question is how foolish should you be in a foreign country.
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.