Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: The Back Door into GN
DavidT
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
There's a back door into Guerrero Negro? Really? Can you post coordinates? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It is the same road that takes you to Seven Sisters. And everybody knows where that is, right?

David
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 01:18 AM

That's why I hate this place.:(

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 07:30 AM

Why, because we all know each other's 'secret spot'? That's why we are an organized group... Baja Nomads... and we all love Baja and have respect for her.

It is those who are not Nomads that you need to worry about!

I have been "sharing" my favorite beach, Shell Island with you all for many years... and it is still the beautiful place I first saw 30 years ago when I first camped there!

Don't worry... Be happy!!

Here is my first time driving onto Shell Island in March, 1978... That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

[Edited on 5-8-2008 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

SUBAROO!? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: My grandmother drives a better car than that!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 09:12 AM
What could be better?

In the late 70's and 80's, Subaru made excellent 4WD (not AWD) wagons and the BRAT... I could get it everywhere I wanted to go... pre-ran the Baja 1000 in '79 with it (to Gonzaga on the old road) and it was awesome in the sand... got 25 miles per gallon too. Photo below taken in Calamajue Canyon, on the 1000 course.

After 2 years of a problem after problem new '75 Jeep Cherokee Chief, the little Subaru was wonderful and inexpensive for my Baja travels and camping on Shell Island...

It was the first of three 4WD Subarus I bought and put over 100,000 miles on all three... the '77 you see above, an '80 and an '86...

Now, they only offer All Wheel Drive, no low range and lost me as a customer... That's okay, with my Toyota truck (my second) I can go everywhere... including Mision Santa Maria (which the Subaru wouldn't be able to get to)!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Why, because we all know each other's 'secret spot'? That's why we are an organized group... Baja Nomads... and we all love Baja and have respect for her.

I have been "sharing" my favorite beach, Shell Island with you all for many years... and it is still the beautiful place I first saw 30 years ago when I first camped there!

Here is my first time driving onto Shell Island in March, 1978... That Subaru was an awesome sand buggy!

No David, because big-mouthed posters CAN and DO have an impact on Baja, both positive AND negative, HELLO!

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 12:19 PM

Puke... off your soap box PLZZZZZZZ. Your first paragraph is just not so. get a life DK.

Quote:

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 02:52 PM

oooh Ralph, touchy, touchy! you sound like me. ya must be in Arizona.

\"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men\" Plato
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 05:05 PM

The early subaru did do well in baja. If I remember correctly
Tom miller 'Mr. Baja" drove one around most verywhere and liked it. The engine was a water cooled flat opposed four cylinder like the old volkswagon air cooled engines.
It was good for two people and limited cargo. great gas
milage for a 4x4 wagon.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 05:11 PM

The good thing about the 77-91 Subarus is that they can easily be worked on by most mechanics in Baja. There are a lot of mid-80's wagons all over the peninsula.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2008 at 06:19 PM

rts551... Baja is my life dude... what's your excuse? :lol:

Corky... I don't believe it, show me eveidence that Baja Nomads made a negative impact on an undeveloped part of Baja!:light:

(sorry for the mis-spelling Corky)

[Edited on 5-11-2008 by David K]

GordoyFeo

[*] posted on 5-9-2008 at 09:07 PM
No secrets mate!

In fact, I prefer to pull into the GN checkpoint and declare my fruits and vegetables.

When told I cannot pass with such dangerous items, I cordially and respectfully, in Spanish, tell them I am going to back up, turn around, and use the bypass suggested on the nomads message board.

I have found plenty of trash in plenty of places after plenty a trip report on plenty a meesage board.

What did OSO say: STFU!!!!

Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 5-9-2008 at 10:09 PM
It's speld CORKY

Yes David read my lips......"negative impact" . I really am shocked to see someone reply that way. Do you actually think we are all angels?

I can only think of one off hand, and it ain't you. It's BajaAngel of course!:P
:saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:
:saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint::saint:

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 5-9-2008 at 10:38 PM

Oh this is so classic! I am laughing my head off.....could it be that Matt&Mutt and DK are one and the same? Let's see (hands to temples, looking towards sky) I am having flashbacks to Amigos and the BBB'rs and their shameless exposure of Baja....OK, no M&M is now outdoing DK (without the self-promotion) in "exposing" - no - violating old timers sensibilities about what is secret and what is not. What is commonly known among true afficionados, and what is kept from the masses (even between this eclectic bunch of bananas) in order to preserve "exclusivity". OMG - M&M, truly you do not surf lest you suffer the slings and arrows that befell that certain longboard "surf star" when he last visited rattlesnakes (the old timers name for a point more recently the subject of a for sale sign on an overpriced palapa). I'm sure M&M has no idea of the hornets nest that he has stuck so hard with the stick of irony, yet he (she?) is laughing as hard as I. For the sake of all concerned...why didn't my wife do a better job of hiding the pharmamceuticals!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

Whoa there, Cowboy - pull back on those reins!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-9-2008 at 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sculpin
Oh this is so classic! I am laughing my head off.....could it be that Matt&Mutt and DK are one and the same? Let's see (hands to temples, looking towards sky) I am having flashbacks to Amigos and the BBB'rs and their shameless exposure of Baja....OK, no M&M is now outdoing DK (without the self-promotion) in "exposing" - no - violating old timers sensibilities about what is secret and what is not. What is commonly known among true afficionados, and what is kept from the masses (even between this eclectic bunch of bananas) in order to preserve "exclusivity". OMG - M&M, truly you do not surf lest you suffer the slings and arrows that befell that certain longboard "surf star" when he last visited rattlesnakes (the old timers name for a point more recently the subject of a for sale sign on an overpriced palapa). I'm sure M&M has no idea of the hornets nest that he has stuck so hard with the stick of irony, yet he (she?) is laughing as hard as I. For the sake of all concerned...why didn't my wife do a better job of hiding the pharmamceuticals!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......

tell us how you really feel, no wait, we get it......he doesn't! never will!!!!

as for "longboard stars.... well, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, no?":lol::P:light::?::?::?:

edit: for proper sizing of body armor.....:?::bounce::?::bounce::?:

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by woody in ob]

100_2656 (Small).jpg - 40kB

ItsBetterInBaja

Mood: Dreaming of Baja

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 12:24 AM

OK I have had enough. This site USED to be my home page. I used to enjoy reading the posts. But **** has happened to bajanomad? Now don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. But I'm sick and tired of the a-holes and the bashing and personal attacks. I still love Baja and always will but I will not visit this forum again. I know I won't be missed I've hardly posted at all. Adios Amigos.

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by Hose A]

Baja
Always an Adventure
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ItsBetterInBaja
OK I have had enough. This site USED to be my home page. I used to enjoy reading the posts. But **** has happened to bajanomad? Now don't get me wrong...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. But I'm sick and tired of the a-holes and the bashing and personal attacks. I still love Baja and always will but I will not visit this forum again. I know I won't be missed I've hardly posted at all. Adios Amigos.

WOW!, we'll probably miss you...but not before it's too late! gracias for permitting my opinion on the matter....and as an aside, now we won't have to pick up the pieces of your good side anymore!:?::?::?:

[Edited on 5-10-2008 by Hose A]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 09:11 AM

Some people see the world as a beautiful place, the home of mankind, and look for ways to enjoy life on our planet.

Other people see man as the invader and destroyer of things and look for ways to keep people from enjoying this planet.

Baja Nomad has both people, the givers and the complainers.

I have not seen any damage to Baja done by Baja Nomads. I have seen plenty of damage done by 'locals' in the form of grafitti, trash dumped at camp sites and not hauled out, historic sites destroyed...

So, I choose to 'promote' as much of the interesting and beautiful Baja places I can to Nomads (who are here to learn about Baja to enjoy it, not destroy it) before those places are destroyed or messed up.

If there is a financial interest in saving those sites from destruction, by us Nomads traveling to Baja, then there is some hope.

At the very least, the sites can be seen on the Internet or on a visit before they are messed up with spray paint, trach or tractor.

Oh.... and what I have shown on Nomad or my web site are all places described in some guidebook, with one exception... a petro site east of El Socorro I call 'Petroglyph Park' that we found. So, I have not revealed any 'secrets'...

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 12:40 PM

DK

Funny how you color yourself in such a wonderful light. You are really full of yourself aren't you. Take time one of these days to see there are two sides to every story.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-10-2008 at 12:56 PM

I am amused at this thread!!!!:lol: I like to see DK advertise his virtue!!!! Kudos, DK!!!!:rolleyes: You are destined for sainhood!!!! :saint: !!!
I also learned how to get to the dunes north of GN - have occasionally wondered how to get there, and now I know!!! :light:

Also, vastly amused by individuals thinking the road was a secret path to nirvana!!!! :P

p.s. if you discover nirvana!!!!!, don't tell this board (!!!! :fire: !!! :fire:) or it will be GPS-ed and advertised by saints, and next week nirvana will be mission valley mall!!!!! :!: parking lot!!!! :fire:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.