BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: HID LIGHTS, cheap... Custom made light bar... JAN. UPDATE: BROKEN!... June Update: Replaced!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 09:08 AM

I'd use one that bolts to the frame like above and not to the bumper. Might as well get some protection along with the lights. The Squarecircle has a neat roof mounted LED light bar.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 11:03 AM

I just talked to David on the cell. He's on his way to get the work started at Craig Stewart's shop (son of Ivan Stewart). The way it sounds is if the light bar will be measured to the frame, and this is going to be done correctly from the start. David is smart by going to a fab shop, and not ordering a flimsy unit that just bolts on top of a flimsy stock bumper. Over the long run, he'll be happy with both a built bumper guard and some bright HID lights for all of his trips into the Baja Backcountry.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-7-2008 at 09:13 PM

Right you are Ken! I spoke with Craig Stewart (Ivan's son, owner of 'Stewart's Race Works') briefly while Josh was under the front of my truck taking measurements.

There are some awesome Trophy and Pro Trucks in the shop, I must say.

Craig has a silver Tacoma too (he would only own the best)!

Anyway, the new light bar will bolt directly to the frame... yes! Josh said Craig will probably want one after he sees the one being fab'd for my truck!

[Edited on 6-8-2008 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 08:55 PM

looking at this post for ways in saving money,latter i will post on a separated thread,about ONBOARD AIR SYSTEM,for less than $100.I have install mine already it will look good with my 6" lift that Im doing this week.
PS(he would only own the best).that means he drives a DODGE RAM, and parks the TOYOTA.:lol::lol:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 08:57 PM

Cat, the main justification for a lift is being able to run bigger tires, which give you more ground clearance, and a better tire-to-obstacle ratio. Are you getting bigger tires?
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 09:04 PM

ROBERTO right now I have a leveling kit on my truck and i was able to fit 33's TOYOS OPENCOUNTRY.With this 6" kit I will be running 315'by 17,they are like the 35's in size.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 09:14 PM
Leased or own??

Ok I'm confused. David are you leasing that truck or did you buy it? I only ask because it seems odd that someone would make such mods if only to have to remove them later.
Just curious, thanx.

Cat, u2u coming later.
That is a 2500 you have, right??

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 09:29 PM

No Sharks it's a 04 RAM 1500 4WD W/thr 5.7 HEMI,Im running 370 HP right now,

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
I only ask because it seems odd that someone would make such mods if only to have to remove them later.

I started out with a lease on my vehicle, but I will be purchasing it from the bank later this year.

Bajacat, my On Board Air system set me back about $550 -- I used it to air up the rear tires from 20 p.s.i. to 30 p.s.i., and the power my setup has is insane. If I can plum the air compressors to the air lockers in my differentials and get everything set up in time, I will be able to run the rocks in Tecate early next month. The compressor on my Rubicon is DOA and with two new compressors, I may bypass the OEM one if I cannot figure out what the problem is in time.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 10:14 PM

Ken $500 for a air system is alot money to me, i ratter expend more on some other things, right now my air system puts out 15 lbs of air in 3+/-,thats all I need for now..

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2008 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
Ken $500 for a air system is alot money to me,

I wasn't going to spend $1,000.00 for the Kilby On-Board Air system, nor was I going to spend $450 on a Air Tank that could be stolen out of my Jeep, so I know how you feel. Tell us how this works out when you get it installed.

Power Tank

Kilby System

[Edited on 6-11-2008 by Ken Cooke]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

I wasn't going to spend $1,000.00 for the Kilby On-Board Air system, nor was I going to spend $450 on a Air Tank that could be stolen out of my Jeep, so I know how you feel. Tell us how this works out when you get it installed.

Power Tank

Kilby System

[Edited on 6-11-2008 by Ken Cooke]

Ken:......bought my 20LB C0-2 from Craig's list. Total cost for tank, hose, regulator was about $90.00. It's not pretty, but it works.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharksbaja
Ok I'm confused. David are you leasing that truck or did you buy it? I only ask because it seems odd that someone would make such mods if only to have to remove them later.
Just curious, thanx.

Cat, u2u coming later.
That is a 2500 you have, right??

It matters not, because if I was buying it, I would still remove the air bag suspension and light bar when I went to buy another truck... and install it on them, if they would fit.

My truck is still less than 3 years old, on a 5 year lease... so just over half way along. Like Ken, I might buy this one or see what Toyota has in mind for 2010...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Gadget
Senior Nomad

Mood: Blessed with another day

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 09:03 AM

When you get the beam mount done David, its time for a night run.

Where we going?

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
http://www.LocosMocos.com
Gadget
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
When you get the beam mount done David, its time for a night run.

Where we going?

I agree... what's closest... Devil's Slide out from Ocotillo Wells?

Gadget
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 03:48 PM

Yeah, sounds good.

Somewhere with a mix of stuff and take some Jeep guys with us Maybe?

"Mankind will not be judged by their faults, but by the direction of their lives." Leo Giovinetti

See you in Baja
Gadget
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gadget
and take some Jeep guys with us Maybe?

:light:

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 09:32 PM

Ken the system is already on my truck,I haven't tested it in the field,but this 4 of july weekend is going to be a good time to do it.I will be going back to Laguna Hanson.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2008 at 10:47 PM

Quote:
Ken the system is already on my truck,I haven't tested it in the field,but this 4 of july weekend is going to be a good time to do it.I will be going back to Laguna Hanson.

Laguna Hanson? How about TECATE with the BAJA CRAWLERS!?! They're doing a massive 4WD and Campout in the hills near El Hongo with JustRuns 4WD Club of San Diego. I'll be the leader, although not many Americans are going this year... :no:

We'll find something exciting for you and your Dodge to do out there! :bounce:

Gadget
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2008 at 03:29 PM

Quote:

Gonna head up there and get your long weekend non-stop fix of Umpa music are ya Gato?

See you in Baja
Gadget
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.