[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 09:48 AM
Expo on Sunday

Where do we meet, and at what time?

John M
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-1-2008 at 06:14 PM

John, Neal, Roy, Jim, etc. How about the same as last year... the food/ beer courts between the two buildings... around noon?

I have your phone numbers (John, Jim) ... do you all still have my cell #? u2u if needed...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-3-2008 at 05:17 PM
Newsletter 10-3-08

OFF-ROAD EXPO OPENS WITH A BANG!

You've seen us in print and on the web, you've heard us on the radio, and this morning, we even invaded your TV! Yes, that was LIVE coverage you saw this morning on KTLA, KCAL and KABC!

Off-Road Expo is the biggest news in town this weekend, with three full days of high octane off-road adrenaline - showcasing all the latest toys, technologies, gear and accessories from the industry’s leading companies. Come check out the hundreds of NEW products making their debut along with thousands of great parts and accessories ON SALE at unbeatable show discounts.

In addition to the amazing show savings, we've got tons of live-action entertainment:

The world debut of Side X Side Super Jam Drifting
Toyota's Ride-N-Drive
W.E.ROCK Rock Crawling Demonstrations
Freestyle Motocross Action
The Off-Road.com Girls Photo Shoot
and the Dirt Alliance Dirt Lifestyle Showcase featuring 10 live bands, models, dozens of vehicles, and a grafitti wall painted live during show hours.
PLUS every attendee can enter to win the BF Goodrich $5000 Shopping Spree at 4 Wheel Parts.

FAST FACTS

WHERE: Off-Road Expo presented by Toyota will take place all weekend at the Fairplex in Pomona: 1101 W. McKinley Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768. Click here for a map and directions.

WHEN:

Friday, October 3
2pm - 8pm
Saturday, October 4
9am - 6pm Sunday, October 5
9am - 5pm

ADMISSION:
Adult tickets are just $12, Kids 6-12 are $5, and kids 5 and under are FREE

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 10-3-2008 at 07:40 PM

It looks like fun, but I'm broke this month...Have fun. I'm looking forward to hearing about your good times at this convention.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2008 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
It looks like fun, but I'm broke this month...Have fun. I'm looking forward to hearing about your good times at this convention.

You promised to buy the beer.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2008 at 11:19 AM

Ken, please come by amigo! $2 off if you get the tickets online! Maybe use some Colombian coffee to barter with?

The rest of you, see you at the usual place about noon!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2008 at 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TW
Quote:

You promised to buy the beer.

Too funny! Definitely next year. The Baja Grande 2008 t-shirt order is going to set me back. I need $$ for inventory...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2008 at 08:34 AM

Ken, if you have been to a recent Expo... You would have no problem parting with twenty bucks for parking and admission... or catching a ride with another... There is just so much to see and take in... It is totally up your alley... way more than mine! Jeeps and Toyotas are probably the two most well represnted brands there for after market equipment. It is several buildings full of vehicles and off road hardware... and it is in your back yard!

TW drives down from Bakersfield and Squarecircle drives up from El Cajon... because it is really that good!

I will take photos to share as before, but I can't begin to do it justice...

Baja Angel and I are leaving in about an hour or so... Have a great Sunday, everyone!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2008 at 12:33 PM

BAJA GRANDE 2008 WHEN? AND WHERE?

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2008 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT

November 22-29, 2008

Day 1 - Drive to San Felipe, rest.
Day 2 - Drive to Gonzaga Bay, rest.
Day 3 - Drive to LA Bay, rest.
Day 4 - Drive to San Francisquito, rest.
Day 5 - Drive to Guerrero Negro, then, Cataviña, then, Mission Santa Maria, rest.
Day 6 - REST
Day 7 - Drive to El Rosario, rest.
Day 8 - Go home...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2008 at 08:50 PM

2008 OFF ROAD EXPO PHOTOS... coming soon!

We had a great time... saw many cool things... visited with Neal Johns, The squarecircle & Blanche, John M, and TW... Surfer Jim called me to say he came yesterday to see the show.

Photos, soon...

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 04:27 PM

Thought the show was "OK"......really didn't see anything that wasn't there last year....except for all the jeep stuff.....

Thought there was less buggies and prerunners.....lots more jeep suspension exhibits.......went Saturday and thought a lot less people around (maybe it was the weather?)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 05:14 PM

I didn't think the crowds were as big Sunday as previous years either, maybe the economy or maybe it was spread around thru more buildings. There were lots of Jeeps and not as many Toyota FJ setups as last year. But there seem to be more Toyota Tundra trucks on display with a wide array of setup kits. I had a good time looking and meeting Nomads. Walker Evens was at his booth signing autographs and Sal Fish was doing the same across from the BFG booth.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:

November 22-29, 2008

Day 1 - Drive to San Felipe, rest.
Day 2 - Drive to Gonzaga Bay, rest.
Day 3 - Drive to LA Bay, rest.
Day 4 - Drive to San Francisquito, rest.
Day 5 - Drive to Guerrero Negro, then, Cataviña, then, Mission Santa Maria, rest.
Day 6 - REST
Day 7 - Drive to El Rosario, rest.
Day 8 - Go home...
Thanks Ken I will see I can make it this year, about Santa Maria I don't think My truck will make it..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:48 PM

Not sure if this trail is full-size friendly. It will be tight, but with 35" tires and 4WD, we can definitely make a try at it (on Mission Impossible). The Mission Impossible trail is the only section that will be of real challenging stuff.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:53 PM

Quote:
Not sure if this trail is full-size friendly. It will be tight, but with 35" tires and 4WD, we can definitely make a try at it (on Mission Impossible). The Mission Impossible trail is the only section that will be of real challenging stuff.
Will se what happens, right now my funds are a little low too,construction is pretty bad right now,I have the time but don;t have the $$$$, but if I don't go can I still buy a shirt:bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Will se what happens, right now my funds are a little low too,construction is pretty bad right now,I have the time but don;t have the $$$$, but if I don't go can I still buy a shirt:bounce:

T-shirts and Hoodies go on sale in early November. I'll take pre-orders once the order goes out. The designer and I are working on the final artwork as we speak. Its gonna be good!!

Victor Chacon - Graphic Designer, Baja Traveler
[TW's pickup in the background]

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 08:06 PM

Sounds good I want 1 xL and 1 L

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 09:33 PM

Quote:
Sounds good I want 1 xL and 1 L

Wow! My first order! :bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2008 at 10:58 PM

Hi Ken,

The photos are coming... but since you are semi hijacking TW's thread to talk about Baja Grande '08... Let me remind you, the The 2008 BAJA 1000 is running on the day you are taking the gang to San Felipe:
Day 1 (Nov. 22) - Drive to San Felipe, rest.
Day 2 (Nov. 23) - Drive to Gonzaga Bay, rest.

The race begins Nov. 21 and runs for 31 hours from when each racer starts (6+ am to Noon+pm) and runs well into the 22nd. Crowds will be thick in San Felipe as the race does go through town this year... See TW's Baja 1000 thread for the map of the course or print it off Score-International's site. Just FYI!;D

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.