BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Speling an gramer
dianaji
Senior Nomad

Mood: hungry for knowledge, simplicity, hugs and fish tacos!

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
dianaji:

What red line are you talking about for spell check.

I really do not need it as I am a very profishent speller, it just my damn fingers make the misteaks.

funny, i see the red lines under your mistakes...and actually it's no big deal. sometimes with friends, i misspell on purpose. it's kind of endearing. like i like to say u instead of you and ur instead of your...and i hate to capitalize...yes, lazy...

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 05:43 PM

Lazy works for some things but not for communication. Take it to the limit and you won't post at all -- we'll know why, of course.
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 05:44 PM

You only see the red lines on a post by someone else if you are quoting from their post.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 06:03 PM

Ever notice that "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing? What's up with that?....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Ever notice that "fat chance" and "slim chance" mean the same thing? What's up with that?....dt

Does a house burn up or does it burn down????

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 10:43 PM

I find that my spelling is deteriorating with age. My vocabulary, on the other hand, seems to be improving.

About the spelling, - it's strange. It's not that I can't spell the word correctly. I somehow inadvertently write the wrong one, that is to say, the one that sounds the same (e.g. there instead of their). I only catch it during the preview post - if at all. That sort of error was very rare just 10-15 years ago. I'm a bit puzzled by this change.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 11:28 PM

Welcome to the club. I've always refused to write lists. Just thought I would remember what I needed to buy at the store. So, in keeping with my deeply held beliefs, I often return home from the store lacking key items I was shopping for.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2009 at 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Welcome to the club. I've always refused to write lists. Just thought I would remember what I needed to buy at the store. So, in keeping with my deeply held beliefs, I often return home from the store lacking key items I was shopping for.

You live without lists? How can that be? My lists have lists of their own. But then I forget to write a list that I can find to tell me where the other lists are hiding. :lol:

We also laugh anymore when one of us tells the other one to remind one of us of something-- might as well be talking to the proverbial wall, but the walls have better memories these days.

Diane

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 12:06 AM

Perhaps, some day I will starve for the lack of a list. Just stubborn, I guess.:biggrin:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 12:24 AM

For those of you seeing red underlines on your misspelled words as you type, you're likely using Firefox as your browser.

:)

-
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Quote:

Does a house burn up or does it burn down????

if the house burns up long enough it falls down.....

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
I find that my spelling is deteriorating with age. My vocabulary, on the other hand, seems to be improving.

About the spelling, - it's strange. It's not that I can't spell the word correctly. I somehow inadvertently write the wrong one, that is to say, the one that sounds the same (e.g. there instead of their). I only catch it during the preview post - if at all. That sort of error was very rare just 10-15 years ago. I'm a bit puzzled by this change.

I guess that as one ages the mind deteriorates at a speed unnoticable short time, but if you take a 10 year span and think back to how it used to be, it's truly remarkable.
I used to read a novel in about a day to a day and a half.
The same feat takes me close to a week now and no idea why.:?: And that's just one sample, never mind the lists.
And it's always a delight standing in the middle of a room trying to figure out why you're there, and suddenly spot the object of your search.:lol::lol:
Age comes with its own perks.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg

And it's always a delight standing in the middle of a room trying to figure out why you're there, and suddenly spot the object of your search.:lol::lol:

You are doing great! Too often I leave the room and never remember why I was there, or wake up in the middle of the night and remember. :lol:

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 08:58 AM

Sillenpg wrdos coterclry and unisg ccrreot gammrer isn’t rlealy nsecersay to cmoicnmtuoian as lnog as the rdeaer utarbddsnes waht the magsese is. Gntteig the frsit and lsat lteerts cerocrt rellay hlpes tuhogh. But I awlays try to use peropr slenilpg and gmermar.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 09:00 AM

I try to spell correctly in all my writing whether on a forum or preparing a business document. I make more mistakes from bumbling fingers instead of wrong spelling and spend more time backspacing to correct my own mistakes and rarely use spell check.

I find it frustrating to read emails from others that are full of mistakes. It may be profiling, but if I read something that is full of mistakes, I tend to think that person has a lower intelligence or education level. I know it's not true because hubby is a college graduate, I'm a high school graduate, and I'm a much better speller and writer than he is. Impressions are important, especially in business, and poor grammer can influence whether someone wants to do business with us or not.

Those who type with the hunt-n-peck method are at a disadvantage than those who have had some typing instruction. Who knew back in high school that typing classes would be usefull 20 years later?

[Edited on 4-11-2009 by BajaNuts]
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

eureka.gif posted on 4-11-2009 at 09:14 AM
actually dt, they don't.

Quote:

the adjectival modification of the noun "chance" by using fat or slim tells one that there is a great "chance" of occurance to an outcome, or a lesser "chance".

if used conversely to the above it is a dictional error.:lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 10:41 AM
Educationally-Challenged ?

It is rather pitiful to see those who are cognitively deficient attempt to paint it as something different.

"I can't spell, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb" ?

Whatever.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
It is rather pitiful to see those who are cognitively deficient attempt to paint it as something different.

"I can't spell, but that doesn't mean I'm dumb" ?

Whatever.

Leave it to Bill to throw a monkeywrench into the proceedings.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 01:04 PM
De NADA

Is Monkey-wrench still an acceptable word in our New World of CHANGE ?
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 4-11-2009 at 02:13 PM

Assisted living? Might help.:bounce:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.