BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Why has Baja Nomad become such a depressing place?
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 04:56 PM

Here's a postivie post. The beginning, middle and end of this story all had their genesis on this bulletin board. There's more to Baja Nomad than discussing immigration and real estate issues; sometimes, often, there's a call to action that gets answered---big time.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=39152

And that's just one example.

BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 05:02 PM

Ken, I have learned to simply not read the posts of certain members who, in all probability, will have something negative and not particularly worthwhile to write. That in itself makes this board much more enjoyable.

The majority of Nomads are fine, fun-loving people with good attitudes. Just install a personally-controlled firewall for the predictable remainder.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
I was going to answer your post as I am having the same thoughts myself....but now even this has turned into some "off topic" debate....I give up.....:(

Point proved. Thanks for adding, Jim. I wanted to know if it was just me, or was the place a general downer.

IT'S NOT JUST YOU, Ken!:no: IMO, BajaNomad's been on a sharp downward spiral for the past year. Too many trolls....or the same small group of rabble-rousing trolls with many, many different user names. Too much negative; even when true; reporting which detracts from the positive helpful place I feel Doug envisioned when he originally created the site. Too many rude, crude & otherwise offensive posts. Too many Mexico bashers! When Hose A was moderator, he weeded out a lot of the garbage in an effort to keep the site a pleasant place to share experiences & knowledge. The site used to be cyclical, it was more resilient & would bounce back from low periods. IMO, it's still heading downward after a full year; For the most part, it's lost its fun, pleasant, helpful feel. It's also lost many, many long time posters who've taken their wealth of knowledge & experience & left....that's a huge loss to the overall well-being of the site & sad to me.:(:(
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 05:35 PM

I think the good side of the forum has the scales tipped in its favor.

JUST STAY AWAY FROM THE OFF TOPIC.:fire::fire::fire:

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 05:40 PM

Ken...unfortunantly this board is also host to many people who seem to think they will feel better or look cool and smart by pointing mean fingers and saying usless, hurting junk about the place that we share a very deep love for and that makes me sad and pretty angry because i have seen so many awsome things here in baja it is truly a magical place where dreams come trye, of course it has problems just like the rest of the world but that does not take the beauty away from it...its sad that this board has turned in to a debating forum (pro baja and...not pro baja) we can only keep our hopes up so that the people that say nasty stuff will eventually get bored and leave...until then...just remember that they are missing out on some great fun and awsom friends by making those kinds of comments! hey what do they know right BAJA ROCKS!!!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 05:49 PM
I figured I would change my avatar to something more friendly.

Now, I'm Mr. Mouse. HA! My other possiblity was Dead Mouse - I like Happy Mouse better than Dead Mou5 (below):yes::lol:.

I hear this song every morning on XM Radio, and I love it. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 6-14-2009 by Ken Cooke]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 06:38 PM

Well, that turtle thread was definitely a downer. It wouldn't have lasted 2 days with HoseA at the helm. Can't understand why Doug didn't move it to off-topic.

Yeah, yeah, I know: If you don't like it don't look go there. That's a lame excuse for those kind of threads.
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 06:46 PM

Since you bring it to the forefront, what the forum is or isn't is totally controlled by the moderator.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Baja is the same as ever, but i guess globally people are down because of the situation.

We will get over it.

I'll second the first answer to the question, the situation. ;D
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 07:24 PM

Ken, Relax my friend. Read what you want and don't spend your time reading what others have absolutely no business posting due to their ignorance of the subject they are talking about. I have not responded to these idiots in that they have all day to come back at you with some meaningless garbage that they know more than you about Baja and their two trips they have made south of the border and had to pay mordida to some poor cop, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Get your burro down here and enjoy the upcoming wine festival or even enjoy the company of other Baja fans when they get together like today at the Agua Viva golf tourney and fiesta. It was great and we had a blast! I really needed that today........... Everyone was in a great mood, the food was excellent and the company was even better.

One of my favorite subjects lately was the guy who wanted to go to Venezuela to meet that woman and he was worried and needed some answers. A lot of jerks posted crap but for the most part I think we set him straight and may have even saved him from a disaster if he would have went there. This is a great web site so pick and choose and take it all with a grain of salt----- This is about as good as it gets my friend.

Don't be depressed and don't let thee idiots get you down. I have been all over Colombia also and maybe we can exchange notes sometime. I would like that.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Don't be depressed and don't let thee idiots get you down. I have been all over Colombia also and maybe we can exchange notes sometime. I would like that.

I'm returning in a few weeks, and I can't wait. Oceanfront vistas from a highrise hotel in Santa Marta to 5 and 10 piece bands performing on stage at the gas station! Colombia does it in style. Baja has a more understated beauty. I love both - just depends on the weather, I guess.
LB
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 07:59 PM

I do have to say.... I am very happy here in my little Baja, no problems other than some tiring Gringos that do not get Baja. This board has become a downer cause by some... who have been allowed to take over!!!

To find that so many posters have not been to Baja or not for a long time. , I wonder why they are posting

:light:

If this group is to be about those of us who love Baja and want to assist
and support those who want to learn and venture into the land we love...
some changes must be made.

I have learnt so much and have been offended by so much. I am deciding
weather it is worth reading the Nomads anymore after all the garbage put out by those who do not even know our Baja.

In my short time on this board, I have stayed away from expressing any thought
or opinion that would put me on the attack from those....who feed on
attack.
\But....I love the fact that NOMADS support NOMADS and if you need
help If I can assist, I will,,,,,and i LIKE KNOWING THAT IF I NEED HELP
A NOMAD WILL BE THERE FOR ME.

OK ...those of you who like....ATTACK.... but true nomads....thank you for being there.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 08:06 PM

Right on LB. You have lots of Baja Brothers who will go the extra mile for you here........
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LB

Back when David K barely knew me, and Desert Bull hadn't met me yet, I was able to get a recon trip together to pull my truck back to the USA for repairs. Otherwise, it would have been picked apart in the Sierra San Pedro Marir park. :!:
Von
Senior Nomad

Mood: getting ready!

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 08:21 PM

i guess there is more interest in misery than happiness lol......

i really dont care or do i? i am writing right? i do care i love All Bajanomads

new ones, fat ones, ugly ones, negative ones, and especially interesting ones!

READY SET.....................
LB
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 08:25 PM

As I said.................REAL Nomads.........are wonderful people!!!! That is where this
nomad board started from ......it is not a matter of not reading certain
threads or users names. It is about what the NOMADS are really about;

I ask that this site go back to the heart of baja....
it is our Baja and we chose this as our home or second home.

Thank you LIzard LIps, I like support ....not attack. Baja bessings to you.
oxxo
Banned

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Three weeks ago I rode my KLR650 from home on the central coast 1000 miles south

Kurt, that's the old Central Coast attitude! I'm a former 35 year resident of SLOtown. Life is good there and it is also good in Baja. Everything depends on your attitude. I hope everyone on this List feels as good as you and I do.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:
Originally posted by LB

Back when David K barely knew me, and Desert Bull hadn't met me yet, I was able to get a recon trip together to pull my truck back to the USA for repairs. Otherwise, it would have been picked apart in the Sierra San Pedro Marir park. :!:

Ken, people who share their love for Baja online with each other are a special family... and like any family, sometimes there are feuds and fights... The important thing is that when one of the 'family' (Nomad) members needs help, the other true family members spring into action and will help if they can! :wow:

Now, about your Ford's breakdown near the observatory... I know it caused some serious hardship for you guys, and that is very unfortunate... But, now you are a happy Jeep owner and the incident got a mention in Graham Mackintosh's third book as he was up there when you were. :yes:

Desert Bull really came to the rescue and that was super of him... :cool:

I don't recall what I did to help other than make a Baja connection, but I am always happy to help any time that I am able... to any Nomad (even the ones who aren't always nice, lol)! :bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Geo_Skip
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2009 at 10:33 PM

Kevin, there are a few NATTERING NABOBS OF NEGATIVITY....on these pages (forgive me God for quoting Spiro Agnew). Bajahowodd is a classic example although there are several notable others. I, too feel the hate to be tiring and a major turn off. I have eyes open to REAL Issues affecting travelers from the north. I am one...frequently. I appreciate a heads up warning of trouble...but and SICK AND DAMNED TIRED OF THE EMOTIONAL RANTS OF ill adjusted individuals. Thanks for your comments Kevin. I have been turned off by the same thing for weeks and have not been here as a result.

Does Baja Nomad want to clean up the mess? I hope so, cause I can see NO WAY I myself can do it except by this comment.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2009 at 06:34 AM

It does appear that the Nomads have gone the way of the present Culture-That is a very negative way of life, Blaming every body for anything which will get attention.

How Sad, After being in Baja for so many years I shall say that there is still Beauty and Adventure like not other Place, so go and meet the p[eople, enjoy the Water, The Sunsets, then report them back to this board.

Try to overlook the Commie that tries to tell you that the Unithed States of America is responsible for all the Bad Stuff.
Theses People are just like the Scam Artists trying to sell you a non-esistence Home at Loreto Bay.

I have some trouble for those People who say False and very bad things about Baja. It is difficult to over look the Nuts that are trying to change your way of thinking to their BS.

They are "As useless as Teats on a Boer Hog".

Skeet
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.