BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: Border Patrol Continues to Hassle Us Pilots!!
Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
The Officers are looking for weapons, drugs, and money. One Million Dollars will fit in a medium size suitcase and weigh 9 kilos/20 pounds.

It makes sense to search aircraft entering and leaving the US. Pilots have nothing to fear if they're not guilty of smuggling.

Consider the inconvenience as being similar to driving across a Border. Not a big deal.

Look at this post and consider what it means when you read between the lines.

1) Lee is a promoter of unlawful search and seizure of clearly innocent tourists?

2) Lee quotes his knowledge and experience with the exact weight of a million dollars?

Weird.

results of a 5 second search on google...
According to the U.S. Treasury, "In $100 bills, the weight of $1
million is about 22 pounds." [that's 10 kg.]
http://www.ustreas.gov/press/releases/rr2748.htm

The searches were ordered by BHO are you saying your MAN ordered something illegal ????:(

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 11:55 AM

When we consider threats to ourselves and our well-being, we are continually told about terror as justification for breakdown of our legal system and justifying an increase of never-ending fear and the war on terror.

Today, we are remembering the anniversary of the 7/7 terror attacks in Great Britain. However, when we ask questions about who the terrorists are, who committed these crimes, when we look at the evidence presented, or ask practically any questions about the bombings on 7/7 on three rail cars and one bus, the answers are not there? How is it possible that no factual evidence exists to answer the questions about these terror acts or to support a case for prosecution?

Its upsetting certainly, but why? Well, today the lack of evidence is itself evidence to answer these questions about why no official inquiry has been made or presented by official prosecutors and investigators.

It's worth asking questions and looking for answers, even if they are not readily at hand, keep asking questions about the terror war and the known attacks.

Such as:

This documentary's questions about the 7/7 attacks

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-49436751052750977...

This citizen's questions into 7/7

http://bridgetdunnes.blogspot.com/

Note how these attacks, likely to never be prosecuted fully, are used to justify the search and detainment of law abiding citizens posing no threat with no evidence of any crimes whatsoever, for example, the CBP actions against the Baja Tourists. Meanwhile, the vast shipments of profitable contraband continue worldwide.

This CBC documentary on the Anthrax wars

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=anthrax+war&emb=0&...

Daniel Ellsberg Interview, author of "Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers"

http://antiwar.com/radio/2009/07/07/daniel-ellsberg-4/

[Edited on 7-7-2009 by gnukid]
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
For those of you who love to fly south into Baja, the Border Patrol (CBP) is becoming a real threat to our basic freedoms.

Just this 4th of July we were questioned AND searched for some unknown reason just prior to departing Palomar Airport in Carlsbad, CA. This is where I fly out of and it has a customs office available 24/7 for pilots.

I don't know who you are, but I just read a few of your older posts. You have about a half-dozen posts here about the location of little used and abandoned airstrips in Baja. You also have some posts about your participation in SCORE -- the sport of choice for certain drug exporting businessmen in Mexico.

I'd say you are ringing every bell down at CBP with your lifestyle and your posts. You probably should just get used to being inspected from here on out.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 02:43 PM

Arrowhead, Steekers is demonstrably innocent by the fact he/she was searched and proven to be innocent, according to their report here. However, your insinuation that 'guilt-by-association', therefore we shall dispose of the law written as the 4th amendment of the Constitution requiring a probable cause as reason for allowing search and seizure, endorses breaking the law?

http://law.jrank.org/pages/10050/Search-Seizure-Probable-Cau...

What moral ethical person would suggest we throw out the law for such absurdity?

[Edited on 7-7-2009 by gnukid]
SKIDS
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 03:16 PM

gnukid,
Who's side are you on ! If you get last minute info.
Its sorta hard to search a suspected terrorist plane when he's already flying and headed for downtown San Diego or towards the Naval facilities.
Let the BP or HLS do their job.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Skids,

You can jump into the cesspool if you choose, engaging the hypocritical position that somehow reducing the rights of these innocent pilots (unlawfully) is somehow related to reducing the crimes and murders being reported, while in fact, the two have no relation other than to be polar opposites, apparently police are happy to bug innocents instead of investigating criminal action.

Instead, I would encourage your general support for and by the rule of law universally.

Your comments, along with the chorus to 'break the law cause its for good', are a sad assault on our historical law abiding traditions and have led us here, to a lawless, murderous, gang mentality, in which criminal behavior is the norm, and from which we must retreat.

remember where you live, gnu..... although i agree with your last sentence i don't think WE'VE quite evolved to the way your country does business, if you know what i mean?:light:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steekers
For those of you who love to fly south into Baja, the Border Patrol (CBP) is becoming a real threat to our basic freedoms.

Sounds like much ado about nothing. Have you ever crossed a border before? Doing so often comes with inspection by governments. The modern world comes with increased government security. You got no "basic freedom" to cross a border without inspection

Bet y'all regret the day you voted for Bush/Cheney. They are the ones who eroded liberties in quest to inspect every crevice of our private lives. Thank god for democrats!!

Anywho, sounds like no big woop if people are searching planes. Minor inconvenience that you should include a bit of extra time in your flight plan.

:bounce:

[Edited on 7-7-2009 by mtgoat666]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Bet y'all regret the day you voted for Bush/Cheney. They are the ones who eroded liberties in quest to inspect every crevice of our private lives. Thank god for democrats!!

[Edited on 7-7-2009 by mtgoat666]

Goat,

Let me get this right...........you think that you will have more personal freedom under the current administration? Let's see how things evolve over the next 3 years. I will be surprized if you are right.

ie,

Right to choose you own doctor
Purchase the car of your choice
Send your best employees to Las Vegas for a bonus
Pay you own employees what you think their worth

Ken

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken

Let me get this right...........you think that you will have more personal freedom under the current administration? Let's see how things evolve over the next 3 years. I will be surprized if you are right.

ie,

Right to choose you own doctor --- ALREADY LIMITED BY PRIVATE INSURANCE, ESPECIALLY HMOs THAT ARE THE CHEAPEST. WON'T CHANGE---

Purchase the car of your choice -- AND JUST WHO IS GOING TO STOP YOU? ---UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO BUY MAJOR GAS HOGS----THEY SAID SEAT BELTS WOULD END CHOICE IN CARS.
Send your best employees to Las Vegas for a bonus--NO PROBLEM UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT AND TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING USED TO BAIL YOUR A&& OUT AND KEEP YOU FROM THE BANKRUPTCY CAUSED BY YOUR UNREGULATED BUSH ECONOMICS AND GREED

Pay you own employees what you think their worth--SAME AS ABOVE. IF YOUR COMPANY HAS TO BE BAILED OUT WITH TAX PAYER'S MONEY, THEN TAX-PAYERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT OF CONTROL---JUST LIKE STOCKHOLDERS.

Ken

Sorry for being in the quote box---just easier to answer the typical rightwing talking points that way. Now go back and really study the Patriot Act that REALLY caused a loss of freedoms and is directly related to this problem. And yes, both sides of the aisle are guilty of passing that one.

Politics are alive and well on all the forums.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by jdtrotter]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:05 PM

Quote:
Let me get this right...........you think that you will have more personal freedom under the current administration?

yes, the current administration will uphold the bill of rights and the constitution, and will not pass any more totalitarian nonsense like the Patriot Act (aka the Cheney/Stalin-KGB Act)

peace out!

yes we can!

All your other questions about doctors, cars, vegas and salary are silly right wingnut reactionary blather -- it's a free market, you can shop where you want.

it is amazing that there are people out there that still defend the bush junta.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by mtgoat666]
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:06 PM

Diane,

Must be comforting for you to be able to pigeon hole people in boxes like you do.

Read the news, from any source you choose, and you will see the topics I mentioned are all being looked at by the government for them to control. Wait and see.

Sorry that you have to get so angry. Seems like I'll be getting some of your anger usually directed at DK, huh?

Ken

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:30 PM

Steekers is good people... he has made attempts to meet us Nomads and besides me: bajalou, BajaRob, Baja Warrior, BajaCat, and many other Nomads have met him.

He HAD a Score Lite race buggy and even put a Baja Nomad and 'got baja?'stickers (steekers) on it...

Now for the political posters here: The Patriot Act was to stop more Americans from being killed, because foreign assassins could operate freely with all sorts of American 'freedoms'. The Patriot Act was never used agains American innocent civilians, only would-be terrorists.

The new gang in office are the ones who 'seem' to be using the Act against US... Oh, where are you ACLU on this obvious violation of freedom??? :wow:

Searching someone with no criminal record LEAVING the U.S. ??? Are not the officers hired to SERVE US and PROTECT US?

Steekers, Dave Deal, David K

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by David K]

IMG_1604r.JPG - 42kB

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
The Patriot Act was never used agains American innocent civilians,

where do you buy your koolaid? i need to get me some of your halucinogen, it seems like it must be quite powerful. how long does the high last? :lol::lol:

Rainer
Junior Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:38 PM

Illegal Search??? Google "Border Search" for the answer
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Diane,

Must be comforting for you to be able to pigeon hole people in boxes like you do.

Read the news, from any source you choose, and you will see the topics I mentioned are all being looked at by the government for them to control. Wait and see.

Sorry that you have to get so angry. Seems like I'll be getting some of your anger usually directed at DK, huh?

Ken

Not angry, that is the job of the Party of NO.

---pigeon hole, yes when the talking points are the same ones repeated over and over by the nut case talkers.

Control---read, I never said they were not enforcing some control----just explained why. Accepting bail-out money has consequences, and it should.

Your comeback, BTW, is typical of ignoring the issues----Now, go back and try to defend the Patriot Act, the real shredder of the Constitution.

Al G
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Wondering what is next???

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Savethefish and Al G now piling on with ad hominen (personal) attacks, instead of speaking to the issue? Lame argument.

Truth is truth...you need to address the necessities of life.
Your idealistic views are worrisome to adults.
I do not disagree with your assessment of need to protection of rights and freedom. You just remind me of a 1960's drugged out hippie on a soap box spouting crap, when his real issue was support of his life style. Nothing like carrying an issue to, and the past necessity. All you damn people out there that deserve something for nothing...good luck.

Albert G
Remember, if you haven\'t got a smile on your face and laughter in your heart, then you are just a sour old fart!....

The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no trade-in value.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Quote:

ie,

Right to choose you own doctor --- ALREADY LIMITED BY PRIVATE INSURANCE, ESPECIALLY HMOs THAT ARE THE CHEAPEST. WON'T CHANGE---

Purchase the car of your choice -- AND JUST WHO IS GOING TO STOP YOU? ---UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO CONTINUE TO BUY MAJOR GAS HOGS----THEY SAID SEAT BELTS WOULD END CHOICE IN CARS.
Send your best employees to Las Vegas for a bonus--NO PROBLEM UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT AND TAX PAYER MONEY IS BEING USED TO BAIL YOUR A&& OUT AND KEEP YOU FROM THE BANKRUPTCY CAUSED BY YOUR UNREGULATED BUSH ECONOMICS AND GREED

Pay you own employees what you think their worth--SAME AS ABOVE. IF YOUR COMPANY HAS TO BE BAILED OUT WITH TAX PAYER'S MONEY, THEN TAX-PAYERS SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT OF CONTROL---JUST LIKE STOCKHOLDERS.

Ken

Sorry for being in the quote box---just easier to answer the typical rightwing talking points that way. Now go back and really study the Patriot Act that REALLY caused a loss of freedoms and is directly related to this problem. And yes, both sides of the aisle are guilty of passing that one.

Politics are alive and well on all the forums.

[Edited on 7-8-2009 by jdtrotter]

Diane,

Not angry?...............Your use of Capital Letters is yelling in the cyber world. Your using the quote my A&& is another example.

"to buy major gas hogs.." Your Tundra would fall in that category. You really should be in a Prius you know.

The administration is looking to review pay of publically traded companies not just the baled out ones. You know that!

Quit saying my "Bush, etc". Because I take exception to some of your points.

By the way our company has a medical plan by Blue Cross, a HMO plan, and I have my own doctor as a GP. That would probably not be the case with the government plan. So would many precedures for patients that are our age. Be honest, that is the case. Look at all government run medicene plans, ie Canada and England. You chances of a hip- replacement treatment would be questionable. Even many Democrats are rethinking the Obama health care rework.

Ken

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:45 PM

This whole thread has developed from an airplane search. What will people be saying when the subject changes to body cavities?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
The Patriot Act was never used agains American innocent civilians,

where do you buy your koolaid? i need to get me some of your halucinogen, it seems like it must be quite powerful. how long does the high last? :lol::lol:

The koolaid is on your lips my friend...

I asked you this last time, and you didn't answer: Name someone (an American patriot) you personally know who lost any freedom under the previous administration. This includes things like false imprisonment... but not border waits, as we had them before 9-11.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2009 at 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jdtrotter
Your comeback, BTW, is typical of ignoring the issues----Now, go back and try to defend the Patriot Act, the real shredder of the Constitution.
s

This is one time I agree with you. And a lot of today's actions are a result of that law. Really eliminating rights for all of us. And I don't believe you can protect us by taking away our constitutional rights.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.