https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
K-rico...hey maybe you could market them in the Nomad Store:o:o

You should really consider complete packages with rooms (meals and snacks may or may not be included). The Pot/Coke Weekend Retreat. A Tweeker ball. The LSD weekend baja desert escape for six. Lot's of pharma-tour potential. :saint:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:39 PM

Larry:
Acholh; Yes!! There is io difference! It probablu takes more drionks to get into a car and Kill someone on the way Home. Gut with DOPE it takes less time!

To try to say that Drugges are O. K. because of Drinking is a Cop Out. It is all Bad if your Drink too much or DOPE too much and kill innocent People on the Streets.!

What if it where your Child that was on the street and you killed it because of Drink or DOPE??

Doot be so weak minded that you think that you can say "Stll those peop[le drink" therefore it is O.K. if I smoke DOPE and Kill People//

If you committ an act that kills people from Drink or DOPE then you should Killed> No Question -- Eye for and Eye
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 04:48 PM

That settles it! Check into a hotel room and have the hookers bring some dope and everything is cool.
No harm no foul! Lifes good in Mexico!;D

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skeet/Loreto
Larry:
Acholh; Yes!! There is io difference! It probablu takes more drionks to get into a car and Kill someone on the way Home. Gut with DOPE it takes less time!

To try to say that Drugges are O. K. because of Drinking is a Cop Out. It is all Bad if your Drink too much or DOPE too much and kill innocent People on the Streets.!

What if it where your Child that was on the street and you killed it because of Drink or DOPE??

Doot be so weak minded that you think that you can say "Stll those peop[le drink" therefore it is O.K. if I smoke DOPE and Kill People//

If you committ an act that kills people from Drink or DOPE then you should Killed> No Question -- Eye for and Eye

CLASSICO!!

I need a drionk.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-21-2009 at 11:52 PM

I absolutely LOVE it when Skeet produces an argument with which I disagree and he presents it in such a clear and educated manner. How does one debate such an intellectual? :lol:

I recommend you re-read the statistics, Tex. I judge that you will find that you have misinterpreted the data, amigo mio. :no:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
duke62
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 01:38 AM

(Acholh; Yes!! There is io difference! It probablu takes more drionks to get into a car and Kill someone on the way Home. Gut with DOPE it takes less time!

If you committ an act that kills people from Drink or DOPE then you should Killed> No Question -- Eye for and Eye )

Skeet, I love you, as you are a Patriot (I hope you are not a fan of the team), but, I don't know anyone who has hurt/maimed/killed someone because they were smoking Mota. On the other hand, J.D., Tequila (only among spring break kids who don't know no bedda), prescription drugs, meth, yeah, a problem.

Mota was only made illegal because it was the drug of choice in Jazz clubs in the '20s-'30s, and, our esteemed leaders at that time were afraid their daughters would get stoned, and, Dios mio, have relations with Jews, perhaps, even, OH NO!, Negros. At the same time, Coca Cola was peddlin' a nice concoction that had Cocaine as a main ingredient. That is where the name came from. This is why I drink Diet Pepsi (Well, except in Baja, because that pure cane sugar makes me drink that Mexican Coca Cola. My sons say it has a peppery taste as well??).

Love your feistey comments Skeet/Loreto. Come visit us up in Ruidoso, New Mexico
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 06:11 AM

Now the question is whether the U.S.A. government will allow Mexico to make such a decision. I somehow predict that the hand of the U.S. will move behind the scenes to force a loophole out so that the legislation will be annulled on some sort of technicality of how it was drafted. Or, perhaps Obama won't do such a thing.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by duke62
.......... I don't know anyone who has hurt/maimed/killed someone because they were smoking Mota.....

Hey, Duke, here are a couple......

NTSB Identification: DEN90FA043 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 40891.
Nonscheduled 14 CFR
Accident occurred Wednesday, January 17, 1990 in LEADVILLE, CO
Probable Cause Approval Date: 9/21/1992
Aircraft: CESSNA 208A, registration: N835FE
Injuries: 1 Fatal.
PM AIR FLT 824, A FEDERAL EXPRESS SCHEDULED DOMESTIC CARGO FLT, DEPARTED DENVER, CO, AT 0642, IFR TO MONTROSE, CO. FLT WAS CLEARED TO FL 180, BUT PLT CANCELLED IFR AT 0653. RADAR SHOWED ACFT LEVELED OFF AT 14,500 FT ON SW HEADING. ACFT MAINTAINED RELATIVE CONSTANT ALT AND HEADING BEFORE CRASHING 50 FT BELOW SUMMIT OF 14,221-FT MT MASSIVE, SECOND TALLEST PEAK IN CO, AT APRX 0719. WX WAS CAVU. TOXICOLOGICAL TESTS REVEALED MARIJUANA METABOLITE LEVEL OF 37 NG/ML IN URINE AND 1 NG/ML IN BLOOD. PLT WAS ONCE CONVICTED IN 1974 FOR POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, BUT HAD NO OTHER ALCOHOL/DRUG CONVICTIONS.

1-23-05 RENO -- A woman convicted of causing the death of a Reno police officer has been sentenced to two years in prison.

Anna Marie Jackson was convicted of having marijuana metabolite in her system when she pulled out from a commercial driveway into the path of motorcycle officer Mike Scofield in September 2002.

Scofield, who was responding to an accident, died at the scene.

fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
Now the question is whether the U.S.A. government will allow Mexico to make such a decision.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 12:56 PM

I wouldn't expect that anything in this ten year old report would be contrived to DECREASE the prevalence of ALL drug use as it relates to crime statistics. Bear in mind that THC, being essentially non-addictive (5-7%), users don't generally steal to get it. As a result, I judge that only a small portion of the crimes recorded in this study relate to cannibis.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/ac.pdf

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

Dave
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 8-22-2009 at 01:15 PM
Myths

Quote:
Originally posted by duke62
our esteemed leaders at that time were afraid their daughters would get stoned, and, Dios mio, have relations with Jews

As a lifelong Jew I can tell you this usually doesn't work.

And it especially doesn't work with Jewish girls.

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 01:32 PM

Here are a couple of studies that Skeet's research missed.

7. Studies find alcohol use contributes to the likelihood of domestic violence and sexual assault and marijuana use does not.

Of the psychoactive substances examined, among individuals who were chronic partner abusers, the use of alcohol and cocaine was associated with significant increases in the daily likelihood of male-to-female physical aggression; cannabis and opiates were not significantly associated with an increased likelihood of male partner violence.

…the odds of any male-to-female physical aggression were more than 8 times (11 times) higher on days when men drank than on days of no alcohol consumption. The odds of severe male-to-female physical aggression were more than 11 times (11 times) higher on days of men’s drinking than on days of no drinking. Moreover, in both samples, over 60% of all episodes occurred within 2 hours of drinking by the male partner. (page 1557)

Source: Fals-Stewart , William, James Golden, Julie A. Schumacher. Journal of Addictive Behaviors. 28, pages 1555-1574. Intimate partner violence and substance use: A longitudinal day-to-day examination. Research Institute on Addictions, University at Buffalo, State University of New York

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8. Studies find alcohol use contributes to aggressive behavior and acts of violence, whereas marijuana use reduces the likelihood of violent behavior.

Alcohol is clearly the drug with the most evidence to support a direct intoxication-violence relationship.

Cannabis reduces likelihood of violence during intoxication…

Source: Hoaken, Peter N.S., Sherry H. Stewart. Journal of Addictive Behaviors. 28, pages 1533-1554. Drugs of abuse and the elicitation of human aggressive behavior. Dept. of Psychology, University of Western Ontario. Dept. of of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Alcohol use is highly associated with violent crime, whereas marijuana use is not.

About 3 million violent crimes occur each year in which victims perceive the offender to have been drinking at the time of the offense.

Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor.

Among spouse victims, 3 out of 4 incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking.

Source: U.S. Department of Justice. Bureau of Justice Statistics. National Crime Victimization Survey 2002.

An interesting social note: At the time that Anslinger set out to criminalize cannibis, the only organized group of people who stood to defend its legality were in the pigeon raising industry. Marijuana seed was at the time a major source of bird food for their industry.:lol:

I found no statistics for rape and domestic violence in the pigeon population in the 1930's.:spingrin:

Bill Kauth

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 01:40 PM

There are exceptions to all norms. but it is true that alcohol does have a much higher incidence of invoking aggressive behavior than does cannabis. Something to keep in mind, however, is that any intoxicant, by its very definition, will impair motor skills. It is no less foolish to drive, boat, fly, or whatever under the influence of pot or cocaine than alcohol.

Along these same lines, it wasn't too long ago that many states considered .16% as the level where one would be considered legally drunk. The feds basically coerced states to lower the level to .08% by threatening to withold federal highway money. I wonder if any of you stat jockeys have any numbers on whether there has been any measureable drop in alcohol related highway deaths since the change in the percentage.

[Edited on 8-22-2009 by Bajahowodd]
Dave
Elite Nomad

rolleyes.gif posted on 8-22-2009 at 01:42 PM
Fair and balanced

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo

…the odds of any male-to-female physical aggression were more than 8 times (11 times) higher on days when men drank than on days of no alcohol consumption.

I would venture a guess that the odds of female-to-male mental aggression on days when these men didn't drink is 1 to 100.

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2009 at 02:32 PM

Time to relax....

:wow: ====~~

By the way, that's my cigar up there!

Bob H

[Edited on 8-22-2009 by Bob H]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2009 at 04:07 PM

Bajahowodd...The statistics do not conclusively show that the change to .08 BY ITSELF had a significant effect on highway mortality due to drinking drivers. However, coupled with more strict penalties for such crimes, the death rate has come down.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1999/rc99179.pdf

Bill Kauth

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2009 at 04:23 PM

Thanks for the link. I am in no way an advocate of indiscriminate drinking. But I come from a time and place where it seemed there was a great deal more drinking and driving, drugs and driving, and I really wondered if all the efforts put forth had a palliative effect. From what I see in this link, the jury is out except for the harsher and more enforced penalties. I personally have a problem with roadblocks. And some of the commercials they play on TV appear to glamourize their effectiveness. No one should drive while impaired. But at the same time, I see a creeping encroachment over the daily habits of the citizenry.
Ricardo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2009 at 06:36 PM

Here's a question for you, how many of the states in America have decriminalized marijuana?
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-24-2009 at 08:59 PM

Skeet,
What were you drinking when you posted? :rolleyes: Yew wudda spelt all bedder if you'd had a toke. Then tri the spillchuker. And don't fall prey to Reefer Madness. :lol::lol:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.