Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Baja Mystery...Help find Larhonda Moore
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 03:24 PM

The FBI is a good option. Vin and Lic number are easily accessable and there is a data base for that. If this is an Oregon car then one can presume American citizens were driving it and the FBI would be interested in that.

If one knows where the vehicle is parked it would not be difficult to grab a quick look at the plates.

I don't think you can bring an Oregon rental into Mexico?? This does not sound good. I think this is important to look further into. Kidnapping comes to mind.

Iflyfish
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 04:18 PM

To amplify on that, very few rental companies will rent to folks heading into Mexico. my understanding is that those outlets are mainly in the San Diego border area. While it is not inconceivable that a car owned by a major concern could have ended up in San Diego, it is quite unlikely. As someone earlier posited, the McStays certainly make for a great story for an aspiring novelist.
AASelf

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 05:54 PM

It's a stretch, but there is a 7 year old boy missing from Oregon for several days now, maybe a week. Worth mentioning this car to the Oregon police looking for him maybe. You never know...
AASelf

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 06:05 PM

This is the tip line #: Multnomah County Sheriff
Tip-line
503-261-2847. Shari or anyone with info may want to call it. You never know. Here's the article. Long shot, but hey. Here's a link to the article.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37547980/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 08:34 PM

no good news ? nada ????

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AASelf
It's a stretch, but there is a 7 year old boy missing from Oregon for several days now, maybe a week. Worth mentioning this car to the Oregon police looking for him maybe. You never know...
He's been missing since Friday morning I believe. Received an email on this today - apparently the boy is classmates with a business associate's son at Skyline School.

Attaching the flyer from the email I received.

Shari indicated the car was found a few days ago - looking like it'd been abandoned for a couple of weeks.

Timing doesn't look right - but you never know.

[Edited on 6-9-2010 by BajaNomad]

kyron2.jpg - 50kB

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
With the placa and VIN, the vehicle can be traced to origen in seconds. If the police don't feel inclined to use that rudamentary investigation procedure, it may be because they want the car.

Shari, I think Dennis is 'right on' here. This vehicle can be traced.

[Edited on 6-9-2010 by BajaNomad]
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 07:42 AM

The local policia are grossly negligent in not following up on a proper investigation, given the circumstances and evidence. If this car ends up in the jefe's garage, I'm telling.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 08:19 AM

Quote:
With the placa and VIN, the vehicle can be traced to origen in seconds. If the police don't feel inclined to use that rudamentary investigation procedure, it may be because they want the car.

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I didnt want to mention that....but...ummm.....well....you know...which is why I thought it might be a good idea to check in here.

You think that might be the case??

John and I sure hope the missing people are found alive and well.

BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 10:51 AM

Here's my theory. Mom and children rented a car and went to visit relatives in San Diego. A Mexican national stole the car in San Diego just after mom bought the chicken. The thief (thieves) drove the car towards home in Baja until it ran out of gas or had some other mechanical problem and then abandoned it. That seems realistic and avoids all the nefarious options.

Now, as for the police investigation, I think it is highly unlikley that the rural police in Baja have the hotline number to the FBI, which wouldn't be the appropriate agency to call anyway. They may try to call San Diego PD as the closest US police agency that could run a registration check, but it is a misdemeanor to give out registration information without a legitimate police purpose.

How would that dispatcher at SD PD know she was talking to a real police officer in Mexico who had a legimate police purpose for asking for that infomation? She wouldn't, so it's likely she would refuse to give the Mexican officer the information.

This is all just not as easy as we would like to think it is, under the circumstances of international borders and mistrust between agencies. No doubt they will figure it out eventually, but it will take time and coordination between the right people who have established a relationship with others across the border.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 10:56 AM

the car was way off any main road and was hidden in an arroyo.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno

Now, as for the police investigation, I think it is highly unlikley that the rural police in Baja have the hotline number to the FBI, which wouldn't be the appropriate agency to call anyway. They may try to call San Diego PD as the closest US police agency that could run a registration check, but it is a misdemeanor to give out registration information without a legitimate police purpose.

How would that dispatcher at SD PD know she was talking to a real police officer in Mexico who had a legimate police purpose for asking for that infomation? She wouldn't, so it's likely she would refuse to give the Mexican officer the information.

This is all just not as easy as we would like to think it is, under the circumstances of international borders and mistrust between agencies. No doubt they will figure it out eventually, but it will take time and coordination between the right people who have established a relationship with others across the border.

The Mexican Federal Police and the Baja State Police have access to US DMV info through liaison agreements that are already in place. In addition, the San Diego Police have an International Liaison Unit (619) 531-2518 that works with their Mexican counterparts on a daily basis

There are several scenarios that could be in play here, and without additional information it would be foolish to speculate.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:09 AM

I would go along with bajabruno's theory but the ending would be that the thief was near home (or his ultimate destination), ditched the car and caught a ride the rest of the way to his destination......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno

Local police don't handle robbery or missing persons. They hand it over to the State Police. They have access to everything.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:25 AM

without "speculation" where would we be ..... should have been some kind of award .. for the information provided on KFC .. :):)

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
without "speculation" where would we be ..... should have been some kind of award .. for the information provided on KFC .. :):)

:yes::yes::yes:

And other than speculation and innuendos, I wonder if anyone really knows what the local police have done about this car???

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:36 AM

Perhaps Shari could help with your question...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

And other than speculation and innuendos, I wonder if anyone really knows what the local police have done about this car???

I'll bet they've put it in a safe place and had it washed of all those greasy fingerprints.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:38 AM
KFC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

I'll bet they've put it in a safe place and had it washed of all those greasy fingerprints.

:lol::lol:

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 01:30 PM

bajabruno's Theory won't hold water, Coming through the border with a rental car and being Mexican he would be sent to secondary where they would check the registration of the vehicle, also they check passports. Just went through the process.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.