Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Gonzaga Loop Trip Report
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-12-2010 at 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
where is this sacraficio and those modular homes?
they look like great rentals depending on where.
what is the power? off grid? gensets?

Between Beluga and Punta Final. (Beluga is a mile+ south of Rancho Grande)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2010 at 10:26 AM

what are the rates for the rentals,, what all is there?
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:25 AM

Quote:

Mike:

As you are driving out to Beluga you just continue about 4 Km past the final entrance into Beluga. So, it 's between Beluga and Punta Final. The cabins are about 50 yards off the high tide line. There is a gentleman who lives on the premises. When I was there, nobody was staying there. I could not tell if the cabins had toilets or showers, but I did see some common showers and bathrooms for campers. Basically, it looks like competition for Beluga. No electricity or common generator that I could see.
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
what are the rates for the rentals,, what all is there?

I asked for the rental rates ... but forgot to write it down. I'm thinking it was $30 to $40. Definitely less than Alfonsinas. No restaurant and no common electricity that I could see. There did look like an area to launch small boats. The cabins each had a grill out in front. See post above about the bathroom/shower situation.

As mentioned earlier, I see this as a good option if you bring all your supplies in and plan on cooking. No store as well.
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 08:31 AM

Quote:
Pta Final

very pretty place,, we have good friends that live there, as far as camping goes, you will not find any shade or restrooms for camping, the area is made up of private homes

http://wwwpuntafinal.cohomepage..htmlm/

Could you please check this link ... it is not working.

Thanks,

Preston
Jaybo
Nomad

Mood: Praying for Baja!

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 09:09 AM

here ya go: http://www.puntafinal.com/homepage.html

Quote:
Originally posted by preston
Quote:
Pta Final

very pretty place,, we have good friends that live there, as far as camping goes, you will not find any shade or restrooms for camping, the area is made up of private homes

http://wwwpuntafinal.cohomepage..htmlm/

Could you please check this link ... it is not working.

Thanks,

Preston
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 10:04 AM
wow!!

Quote:
Originally posted by preston
Quote:

Mike:

As you are driving out to Beluga you just continue about 4 Km past the final entrance into Beluga. So, it 's between Beluga and Punta Final. The cabins are about 50 yards off the high tide line. There is a gentleman who lives on the premises. When I was there, nobody was staying there. I could not tell if the cabins had toilets or showers, but I did see some common showers and bathrooms for campers. Basically, it looks like competition for Beluga. No electricity or common generator that I could see.

how did they get them there? they ARE modular units, right? or park models - not stick built locally - must have used a semi and come in via coco's??

i'd like to stay in one after oct. and if i could land close will not be an option.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 11:24 AM

They looked to be pre-fab units (not stick built). My guess is they were either broken down into panels or brought in assembled on a flatbed (slow going on the road).

I guess I should have asked to see the inside .... next trip (September/October) ... but I'm sure somebody else will be there before that and can confirm the price and layout.

No airstrip ... so I guess the options would be Punta Final, Rancho Grande or Alfonsinas.

Preston
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 12:35 PM

thx Preston.
well all those places are off limits for me until mid oct at the earliest. especially avoided during sept it is an oven with steam!! :spingrin::spingrin:
yes i am a wimp....but a comfortable one.:light:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 02:09 PM
sacrificio cabins

we stayed in the "cabins" on Friday night after being blown away at Rancho Beluga ($15 per palapa, NOT per truck) on Thurs night (40+ mph and sand EVERYWHERE...like sleeping on 80 grit)

the cabins are decent..($50 per night)2 bedrooms, 1 bath (with HOT shower,sink and toilet), clean linen and pillows were included..the area was well lit with overhead LED lighting... one bedroom has a bunk bed, the other is a queen that can be seperated into 2 fulls) large covered patio. Eduardo was our host, older gentleman that was very helpful...after the night at Beluga...we split the $50 x 4 and LOVED the hot shower to wash away the grit fire pits, large covered ramada for groups..the palapas are built on rocky sand
our patio had a large patio couch/swing
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-14-2010 at 06:34 PM

Awesome to hear!! Wish they would think of a more touristy name than the SACRIFICE!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcpuitar
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2010 at 12:45 PM

Hi Preston, We are back from Punta Chivato and had a great time. Sounds like your trip was quite a blast too. It was wonderful meeting you both on the way south and hope to get to do it again whenever the timing is right. We came back up the same way on Route 5 and ended up staying at Campo Papa Fernandez on our way north. We had a nice breakfast north of there too at that place along the road with the red and white boat parked on top of the whale skull. The whole trip was perfect with great weather, snorkeling and kayaking with dolphins jumping and playing around us. But we owe you a meal next time as we realized after leaving that we had split the breakfast bill 50-50 and you guys only had one dish! Our bad but we'll plan on making it right. Do let us know when you get down to B.C.S. and we'll try to meet up in Chivato too. -Peter

McPedro
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzyspots
we stayed in the "cabins" on Friday night after being blown away at Rancho Beluga ($15 per palapa, NOT per truck) on Thurs night (40+ mph and sand EVERYWHERE...like sleeping on 80 grit)

the cabins are decent..($50 per night)2 bedrooms, 1 bath (with HOT shower,sink and toilet), clean linen and pillows were included..the area was well lit with overhead LED lighting... one bedroom has a bunk bed, the other is a queen that can be seperated into 2 fulls) large covered patio. Eduardo was our host, older gentleman that was very helpful...after the night at Beluga...we split the $50 x 4 and LOVED the hot shower to wash away the grit fire pits, large covered ramada for groups..the palapas are built on rocky sand
our patio had a large patio couch/swing

Thanks. Good to hear the details. Sounds like this is the option if you are doing your own cooking or if the wind is howling.
preston
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcpuitar
Hi Preston, We are back from Punta Chivato and had a great time. Sounds like your trip was quite a blast too. It was wonderful meeting you both on the way south and hope to get to do it again whenever the timing is right. We came back up the same way on Route 5 and ended up staying at Campo Papa Fernandez on our way north. We had a nice breakfast north of there too at that place along the road with the red and white boat parked on top of the whale skull. The whole trip was perfect with great weather, snorkeling and kayaking with dolphins jumping and playing around us. But we owe you a meal next time as we realized after leaving that we had split the breakfast bill 50-50 and you guys only had one dish! Our bad but we'll plan on making it right. Do let us know when you get down to B.C.S. and we'll try to meet up in Chivato too. -Peter

Peter: yes, it was great hooking up with you as well. Consider the breakfast think as a "tip" for your singing the night before. I will definitely be doing a fall trip to Baja as well. I will target Gonzaga and BOLA (for the Dorado) ... not sure if I will target as far south as Chivato (I need to create at least a week for that one) ... but I will try. I always check the forums before I'm making a trip or just email me at: preston (at) comm-systems.com

Preston
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.