BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Name of new hotel at playa Los Cerritos?
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2013 at 07:59 PM

When i was there in april I took a walk around the rocks below and found a lotof trash there as well and a open pipe spewing who know what onto the rocks below. my wife loves the cerritos beach and it has changed alot in just 6 months since the last time we we're there in october of 2012. fences had been put up now you have to pay to park unless you buy stuff at the beach club. definatly a downer compared to before. and i just see it getting more and more commercialized a shame to see. we were even thinking of buying a lot there glad we didn't and chose los barriles instead.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SurfDude
... ran into this roger dude at pool at the hacienda, there was a line of guests waiting to get his attention to ask about power/water and maintenance issues, he entertained none of them, instead kept his attention on two prostitutes that he brought in for he and another of his much older guests, (Gross).

So let me understand, the only way you would know if these ladies were prostitutes would be if you paid for services? Otherwise, you must allegedly, assume, they are actually paid for ladies.

Which is it? :cool:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 11:51 AM

What does it matter if they were paid for, or not, in the context of the story?

Let's say they weren't paid for. Is it, then, OK for the owner to ignore his businesses responsibilities in the face of customers, while keeping all his attentions on the ladies?

[Edited on 9-8-2013 by Hook]

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 12:11 PM

I just spoke with someone who was at the hotel in the last couple of days and reported that the pools and fountains were full of green water and roof tiles, the landscape plants were dying, all the iron work is all rusted and ruined from lack of maintenance, and that the place is generally looking shabby and run down. Book your reservations soon before the meth heads move in and take the wiring and plumbing.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 01:10 PM

If a sewer is draining into the ocean, is the water polluted? Wouldn't surfers be in the middle of it? Anyone?
SurfDude

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 10:49 PM

It's really a shame that it "Is what it is" there now, knowing/seeing all that could be...

We were so unimpressed, that we took a stroll down to Tony's place to look around. Saw all of about 6 people in the pool, and talked to a guy that didn't ID himself. We asked about amenities and what the prices were, he mentioned going up to the front to talk to the girl there, but in the meantime, they were all booked up and we would have to leave the property. Now, I have to say the Mrs' is very easy on the eyes, and doesn't have a problem getting us access most places, and I certainly hold my own, (To the guy asking about my knowledge of knowing a hooker when I see one, let's just say working in LA in the entertainment industry, I can spot them a mile away!;), yet he was adamant about us leaving. While I can respect keeping out the riff raff, the vibe we got put her off right away. Fair enough, it's their place to run how they want, and so we left. Can't say we have any interest in returning, so we'll take our $$ and make it "Rain" elsewhere..! The general theme across the board for both places was that customer service was lacking, too the point where several other guests we spoke too were so upset that they have zero interest ever returning and being treated so poorly, (Rogers place, not Tony's).
We also saw that money is being pumped into some kind of "Huts" there, with little or no services to them...WTF??
Seems like that money would be better spent on the crown jewel they already have, not building "Ghetto" accomodations. Seems like the equivalent of building homeless shelters in Brentwood or Malibu, great for the poor, but not what the people paying the big $$ want to be next to. Not a slam on poverty by any means, just pointing out that the general theme of roger's deameanor and lifestyle choices, doing Republican dinners and such, it seems like he prefers to cavort with those who can elevate him, and the huts seem like a total waste, especially when the regular places are on a groupon/deal chicken/daily deal,etc for ludicrously cheap non stop as it is. How much is a hut going to be a night, $20?
I dunno, I don't mean to only sound disaparaged, like I said, the area is beautiful, met lots of great, down to earth locals on the beach and at the local eateries, but it's a bummer seeing what could be, and where it's actually heading...
Ok, here's my pledge, "When" I hit the lotto, (Powerball!) I'll buy the place and get all the locals together to bring the places back up to what they should be, pay the people there an honest wage, and give the people coming in their moneys worth. Win win for everyone :)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.