Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: 2010 Baja 1000 photos
BAJABAILADOR
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 04:12 PM

Hey Big Woo nice pics,someone else likes them too. Just saw this on race dezert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQFZg5rPhA&feature=playe...
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJABAILADOR
Hey Big Woo nice pics,someone else likes them too. Just saw this on race dezert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQFZg5rPhA&feature=playe...

Wow, not only does he use Big Woo's photos... but he can't even spell Ivan's last name correctly!

I wonder if this person is the same one who has stolen other's off road photos in the past??? You know who it is... right?? www.puro-off-road.com ??? Doug is it 'him'?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 05:41 PM

Oh well, we all know who took the photos.

Plus they don't have this coveted shot of Hoodie springing in to action-

and nearly loosing his britches.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 05:47 PM
THAT IS JUST WRONG!

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
Oh well, we all know who took the photos.

Anyone with a U-tube account should tell those jerks they should use their OWN photos---what creeps! Those are amazing photos and they are YOURS---- In this case, they are not only great, but probably marketable. :mad::mad:

Guess I need to create a U-tube account just so I can comment. :fire::fire::fire:

[Edited on 11-21-2010 by DianaT]
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2010 at 07:20 PM
Here are a couple of my favorite BigWooo Baja mil pics

The Flavor of race morning. Bright sunrise through the dust , the smell of lingering campfire smoke. Town and remote rancho folks camped in the dunes and coastal arroyos as far as the eye can see.

No school manaņa- it's Baja Mil !

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Those photos really should be submitted to an appropriate publication----maybe one that covers the Baja 1000-----?

I wouldn't know who to send them to. I've looked and looked for contact info for the Ivan Stewart team. Found pictures of the guys in the car in a promo website, but nothing has contact info. I'd like to send the pictures to them, but so far no luck finding contact info.

I did comment on the you-tube video, but it was deleted. I guess if you put stuff unprotected on the internet that's to be expected :rolleyes:. The full resolution pictures are much better anyway, I decreased them quite a bit to post on the internet.

Bajarat: To me it seemed unlikely they lost control because from my perspective, they appeared to be on a straightaway. I watched it happen though the little viewfinder though and could have easily missed something.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 09:08 AM

I have had my photographs "borrowed" by Mike Overcast, but these photos were properly published in Dirtsports Magazine as well. All I asked for was the credit my photographs deserve.

Quote of the day for Overcast - "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." :light:

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BigWooo

I wouldn't know who to send them to. I've looked and looked for contact info for the Ivan Stewart team. ...

Woo, nice photos again. Perhaps you should imbed a watermark-type copyright in them. Easy to do.

On the contact question, I'll make a call tomorrow (Monday) and see if I can come up with an e-mail address for you. Andy's on his way back now and there's weather to deal with.

Sorry about the theft of your photos. That's one of the hazards of placing photos on some of the photo-holding web sites. We've seen the "pirating of photos" right here on Nomad under the pretense of "quoting", but I won't open that can of words just to illustrate my point.

That's a good sequence of pix you took and since Stewart actually finished the race, albeit over 13 hours behind the 1st Place car of Skilton/Grider, he still finished. That's something in itself. (Yeah, I know. That opens it up for the Toy-drivers on this forum, and I'll bet someone will take the bait.)

Allen

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bufeo

Woo, nice photos again. Perhaps you should imbed a watermark-type copyright in them. Easy to do.

Allen

I certainly do not want to hijack any of this thread, but I have looked for ways to do the watermark thing on photos, and have not been successful. Where to look???

Big Woo, I am sure the full resolution of those photos are even better----did you shoot them in a Raw format? Someone told me that having the RAW photo was a way to prove it is yours ---- because I hope Allen will be able to pass on information to you as to where to submit them.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Those photos really should be submitted to an appropriate publication----maybe one that covers the Baja 1000-----?

I wouldn't know who to send them to. I've looked and looked for contact info for the Ivan Stewart team. Found pictures of the guys in the car in a promo website, but nothing has contact info. I'd like to send the pictures to them, but so far no luck finding contact info.

I did comment on the you-tube video, but it was deleted. I guess if you put stuff unprotected on the internet that's to be expected :rolleyes:. The full resolution pictures are much better anyway, I decreased them quite a bit to post on the internet.

Bajarat: To me it seemed unlikely they lost control because from my perspective, they appeared to be on a straightaway. I watched it happen though the little viewfinder though and could have easily missed something.

I thought everyone here knew...

Baja Angel's son (Josh) works for Ivan Stewart's son (Craig) at Stewart's RaceWorks in Santee. Josh and Craig Stewart were running a pit south of San Felipe and got home yesterday. They do the prep work for Team TSCO (Trophy Truck #9, Gary Weyhrich) and others. I am not sure if the 4Runner Ivan was co-driving was even serviced by them.

I emailed the link to this thread to Josh last night so it could be forwarded to Craig and Ivan. I will call Josh and see if he has seen them or forwarded them yet.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 01:59 PM

Okay, just exchanged text with Josh... He will ask Craig to send Ivan the link... Good for Ivan Stewart to know our own Big Wooo took those photos!

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT...I certainly do not want to hijack any of this thread, but I have looked for ways to do the watermark thing on photos, and have not been successful. Where to look???... to pass on information to you as to where to submit them.

I'd like not to hijack this nice thread either, but, DianaT, the software that came with all three of my digital cameras include methods of imbedding copyright information. Also, I have one of the well-known photo software programs and it, too, has the ability of copyrighting.

Although I do not use any of the internet repositories for photos, I believe that I saw an article on one of them about adding copyrights. Maybe a search on the web with "copyrighting photos" or some such wording will produce information.

I do know that if I can do it, it must be 'easy'.

Allen R

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Okay, just exchanged text with Josh... He will ask Craig to send Ivan the link... Good for Ivan Stewart to know our own Big Wooo took those photos!

Cool, thanks.

And maybe we can get the story behind the rollover.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 04:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Cool, thanks.

And maybe we can get the story behind the rollover.

You probably have the best story of the roll over... for the driver of the 4Runner... It probably happened before he realized it and was over just as fast!

How long were they there before they got going again? Do you have any more photos of them?

Here's a couple photos I took of Ivan over 35 years ago!

The 1975 Baja 300 at Santo Tomas, finish line where Ivan just won it...

Here he is standing next to his buggy the day before the start of a SCORE Baja race, Ensenada about 1977...

KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 05:28 PM

Who is Mike Overcast?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
Who is Mike Overcast?

Maybe you.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KAT54
Who is Mike Overcast?

Mike Overcast/Gary Newsome/Janice Gilmore
ip68-105-89-61.sd.sd.cox.net.

BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2010 at 07:38 PM

David,

No, I only got the one shot of the guys outside the car.

After rolling, the car looked like toast and I was surprised to return a couple hours later and the car was no where in sight. I had no idea it had continued on in the race and wasn't there to see how they got it going again.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
I have had my photographs "borrowed" by Mike Overcast, but these photos were properly published in Dirtsports Magazine as well. All I asked for was the credit my photographs deserve.

Quote of the day for Overcast - "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." :light:

A web search found this Ken, seems others have been victimized by him! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3fuZhb1KA

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 12:04 AM

Quote:
David,

No, I only got the one shot of the guys outside the car.

After rolling, the car looked like toast and I was surprised to return a couple hours later and the car was no where in sight. I had no idea it had continued on in the race and wasn't there to see how they got it going again.

Wooo, heard from Josh that Craig Stewart has seen your photos (as probably has his dad, Ivan) and said his dad was not driving at the time. He believes the roll was caused by a booby-trap in the course...?

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.