Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: favorites in San Felipe
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
I thought this thread was about favorites in San Felipe. You guys should take it outside. Or maybe get a room. :lol::lol:

Agree

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
Yes, there are Two, Two, Two Juanitos. The one on El Dorado Ranch property has been there since the early 90's and maybe even late 80's. It was named after one of the first El Dorado Ranch salesman/managers. It is still there.

The other Juanitos, which is indeed a mile plus south of Pete's Camp, is 'now' across the street from Campo Ocotillo. The reason I say 'now' is they moved from their start up place to where they are now which use to be the Colorado Restaurant.

The reason I brought this up was to mention another restaurant and that would be the restaurant that is now in the original building where Juanitos 2 started. That restaurant is called Playa Azul. It is located about a full block north of the current location of Juanitos 2. It is small, has great food and a fabulous price and is a start up, if you know what I mean.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Colorado Restaurant.....It was GREAT! I heard they went "by by" with the Feds for selling drugs....

Have you ever noticed that building next to the old Colorado Restaurant....on the right? Use to be a bakery in there that actually baked in a adobe oven...one can see this oven from the parking lot there.

Any how....thanks for clarifying all this stuff....you too Lou.

[Edited on 2-23-2011 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Quote:
Yes, there are Two, Two, Two Juanitos. The one on El Dorado Ranch property has been there since the early 90's and maybe even late 80's. It was named after one of the first El Dorado Ranch salesman/managers. It is still there.

The other Juanitos, which is indeed a mile plus south of Pete's Camp, is 'now' across the street from Campo Ocotillo. The reason I say 'now' is they moved from their start up place to where they are now which use to be the Colorado Restaurant.

The reason I brought this up was to mention another restaurant and that would be the restaurant that is now in the original building where Juanitos 2 started. That restaurant is called Playa Azul. It is located about a full block north of the current location of Juanitos 2. It is small, has great food and a fabulous price and is a start up, if you know what I mean.

Colorado Restaurant.....It was GREAT! I heard they went "by by" with the Feds for selling drugs....

Have you ever noticed that building next to the old Colorado Restaurant....on the right? Use to be a bakery in there that actually baked in a adobe oven...one can see this oven from the parking lot there.

Ok, I am so confused.

Are you talking about the Rio Colorado?

I just ate breakfast there 2 weeks ago. And, yes it is Juanito's but the amigo I talked to said it had nothing to do with the Juanito's at La Ventana, (El Dorado Ranch)

So for clairification, are you talking about the previous owner of Rio Colorado went bye bye and Juanito took it over?

Cause that is the best Bfast in SF, for the amount of food, the price and the bacon, Yummmmmmmm
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I am so confused.

I just ate breakfast there 2 weeks ago. And, yes it is Juanito's but the amigo I talked to said it had nothing to do with the Juanito's at La Ventana, (El Dorado Ranch)

So for clairification, are you talking about the previous owner of Rio Colorado went bye bye and Juanito took it over?

Cause that is the best Bfast in SF, for the amount of food, the price and the bacon, Yummmmmmmm

I guess the Bajanomad board just did a nightmare PR job to these restaurants :lol:

Yeah...somehow this all got confusing.

Here's my story:

Once upon a time in the land call Baja......
Some drug dealers opened up the Colorado Restaurant. A short time later...down the same side of the street (5 blocks) another couple opened up a place called Juanitos. Colorado Restaurant owner(s) got busted for selling drugs and are currently enjoying free plow service (sex) in some Mexican jail. The folks of Juanitos took over the location of the Colorado Restaurant.....now renamed Juanitos. The breakfast is good...the dinner is...well....I rather roast them rats down at the outhouse...than eat their slop called dinner.

The old location of Juanitos was taken over by another wanna be dynasty to be restaurant operators. They suck!

images.jpg - 11kB

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I am so confused.

Ok, that is clear, as San Felipe Beach Mud!!!

But, I think I get it.

So, I now name you , McFoodski San Felipe:coolup:
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 01:59 PM

is rice and bean,s still open ?? and is the food any good ? I know his bother (ricardo) in sanignacio,rice& bean's
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
is rice and bean,s still open ?? and is the food any good ? I know his bother (ricardo) in sanignacio,rice& bean's

Still open. Will be open till the the world collides. It's been there for a long time. A stop over for most involved with racing sports. Hot looking babes all over the place ......on posters :-(

The food to me is so so. I really dont think they are very good, and the only reason why I go is that the BIG BOSS likes it. Fact is..many likes it more than not.

To me...it's somewhat Americanized food. There are far better joints to eat at down town....

HINT: get off the Malecon front and go into the town a block or two. Many fine Mexican joints. I look for places that are busy with Mexican families :light:

ricebean.jpg - 47kB

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 05:20 PM

That's for sure. Be it San Felipe, or San Ignacio, these places would have been long gone if not for the nostalgia factor of the Baja races. Haven't been to the San Felipe location in 5-6 years. But, as far as San Ignacio goes, not only is their food mediocre, it is over-priced given the location. Drinks are outrageously priced.

Now, let's move on the the hotel part. Shabby. Maybe hard to use that term in that they have built a number of newer units. But, somehow, they really managed to incorporate "shabby" into their new build. Sad.

It appears that they live for the racers. I cannot fault the race folks, because they need a flop and a meal. But for me, if the races ceased to occur, Riccardo's would, too.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2011 at 05:31 PM

Sheesh! :lol::lol::lol:

And endless tale.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2011 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
That's for sure. Be it San Felipe, or San Ignacio, these places would have been long gone if not for the nostalgia factor of the Baja races. Haven't been to the San Felipe location in 5-6 years. But, as far as San Ignacio goes, not only is their food mediocre, it is over-priced given the location. Drinks are outrageously priced.

Now, let's move on the the hotel part. Shabby. Maybe hard to use that term in that they have built a number of newer units. But, somehow, they really managed to incorporate "shabby" into their new build. Sad.

It appears that they live for the racers. I cannot fault the race folks, because they need a flop and a meal. But for me, if the races ceased to occur, Riccardo's would, too.

I was trying to say a nice thing about this joint. Well....in all reality...a bulldozer would improve the Rice and Beans :o

ToBeInBaja

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 3-13-2011 at 01:51 PM

Have always enjoyed Rosita's restaurant, right at the end of the Malecon, and La Morena for fish tacos at the other end of the Malecon.

El Cortez, down by near Club de Pesca is in a great location, and the food is good too :)

Also the little empanada/sope places, that are up the hill from the Costa Azul (blue hotel)

And now I feel hungry...

Got Baja?
For all the current info you need To Be In Baja, check out: http://tobeinbaja.com/

Live Webcams from all over Baja: http://tobeinbaja.com/weather/baja-webcams/
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 3-14-2011 at 12:09 AM

Hey There CORTEZBLUE...

WHY DON'T YOU LIGHTEN UP ON DAVID K!!!!

WHO PUT YOU IN CHARGE OF OVERSEEING WHAT OTHERS POST ON THIS BOARD???

YOU NEED TO TAKE SOME OF YOUR OWN ADVICE AND TAKE IT OFF THE BOARD. WHY MUST YOU BELITTLE AND BERATE HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ELSE? DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF?? IF YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO HIM, WRITE HIM A U2U!!

AND YES...IT'S ALL IN CAPS...BECAUSE I'M SHOUTING!!

MIGUELAMO :mad: :?: :fire: :?:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Get over it, I don't correct everything... just an occaisional mis-spelled town hoping it will lead to better.................

It isn't your place. Again, do you meet people face to face and tell them they did say a sentence correctly? NO.

Do you correct irregardless, when someone uses that word? There is no irregardless, it is regardless, and I hear people, that have more education than I do, using it. But, no it is impolite to nit pick anyone on how they spell or use grammar.

You want to correct them, U2U them. Or better yet, build the David K primmer and have it on your web page and add all of the words, definitions, locations and everything in your David Kier world and point them to that page. It will be faster and all of us will not have to hear the same crap over and over.

Change your attitude about constantly posting nit picking crap and I am good. But then the more I think about it, this is your life. This is your pinnacle of success, so chances are you and your attitude will never change.

Pretty sad
bajajeffrey
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 03:50 PM

"The Sweet Spot".

Best new find in town is on the Malecon # 162.
The chef, Jesus and his wife were great hosts
they are closed on wednesday but they are still working slow cooking ribs for Thursday.
WOW! they were great, fall off the bone.
My wife had the rib eye steak with grilled vegetables and steak fries and loved it!
The grilled sea bass with fresh basil is also a favorite.

As you enter the Malecone from the south end its just past the fist taco court, orange building on left.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 05:01 PM
My vote

goes to Blowin Smoke. It is so unique to have some of the best smoked meats anywhere right here in SF. Lee and Linda are great hosts and their restaurant is the cleanest in town.
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2011 at 09:05 PM

I am with you Rob. We loved Lee's place. Food was great and the place was clean and hosts are friendly. Nancy and Richard
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmoPescar
Hey There CORTEZBLUE...

WHY DON'T YOU LIGHTEN UP ON DAVID K!!!!

WHO PUT YOU IN CHARGE OF OVERSEEING WHAT OTHERS POST ON THIS BOARD???

YOU NEED TO TAKE SOME OF YOUR OWN ADVICE AND TAKE IT OFF THE BOARD. WHY MUST YOU BELITTLE AND BERATE HIM IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ELSE? DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF?? IF YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING TO SAY TO HIM, WRITE HIM A U2U!!

AND YES...IT'S ALL IN CAPS...BECAUSE I'M SHOUTING!!

MIGUELAMO :mad: :?: :fire: :?:

Because asking politely publicly and privately to stop constantly correcting everyone over stupid stuff has done no good. But don't worry about him he has the power to censor in order to protect his thin skin. Sounds like the start of a beautiful dictatorship, see you at the next meeting
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 07:01 AM

I HAVE to put in my two centavos:

The first place we visit (after checking into the El Cortez), is Ruben's Camp. A hangout for the RV crowd at the North end of town. It's about 1/4 mile north of the light house. They now also have a very small motel at the entrance to the camp.
You HAVE TO HAVE a coco loco....you will never ever forget it! They also have really great chile rellenos.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by nbacc
I am with you Rob. We loved Lee's place. Food was great and the place was clean and hosts are friendly. Nancy and Richard

Who? Who? Never heard of this place. Are the ribs free after 930 pm. Lee? ;)

absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 07:37 AM

I don't have a dog in the fight between McFez and CortezBlue but I personally have found McFez to be helpful- just two quick observations: Has offered more than once to help newbies post pictures on the site and offered a parking spot for my brother-in-law who is considering relocation to SF. Ron
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2011 at 07:49 AM

And he is still welcomed to use the spot!

I am however not aware that I was fighting with blue.....

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.