Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Abreojo Halibut Fishing
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Now that the coop has decided not to net the lagoon - we expect that the LENGUADO will be bigger and more plentiful in the lagoon itself.

Les says you can fish the lagoon all year long but the big ones come back in in June - Juanchys went shorefishing a couple days ago and caught a 27 pounder right where the pangas launch !!!

Juanchys is also a good shore fisherman and loves going out with company.

Les sometimes fishes right in front of our home - his eyes are peeled on the birds and once they start their "dive into the water show" ... I know I'll hear the words "I'll be back in a minute" flying out the back of the quad as Les races towards the ocean.

Listen to Derek about details, he is one of our visitor experts !!

:lol::lol:

GREAT news about no netting the Lagoon.......!!!! That should make it very interesting
27 Pounder......NO PICS?
Yeah Juanchys is a great guy to go surf fishing with. My first time in Bocana we went for an hour and must have caught 20 fish, I couldn't believe it!!!!

[Edited on 5-15-2011 by yellowklr]

Derek
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 08:57 PM

I've caught lots of halounder in Asuncion.....or were they flounderbut? Whatever....they don't call me the halounderbut whisperer for nothing...:bounce::bounce:.....dt

[Edited on 5-16-2011 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:27 PM

Here's a nice La Bocana Lenguado that Dern pulled up, er, out of the box a few summers ago.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:31 PM

Ouch! that hurts, guess I need some "whisperer" lessons from Dern......Wait a minute, did he catch it or just pull it out of someone elses box?.....dt

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:31 PM

My gosh, that's a whopper. I've never seen them that big in the lagoons.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
Ouch! that hurts, guess I need some "whisperer" lessons from Dern......Wait a minute, did he catch it or just pull it out of someone elses box?.....dt

No worries dtbushpilot, Dern didn't have to whisper anything in this fishes ear. It was part of the co-ops catch that day. Who couldn't pass up a photo op with that bruiser?

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2011 at 09:54 PM

Thanks paulina, I needed that....makes me think I may be "still in the game"........it really is important to us "older fishermen" to think we are still relevant.....dt.

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5-16-2011 at 07:26 AM

When fishing the beach and you want to catxh halibut you must target them as with any other fish to incease your chances.

Having never fished that area I have no first hand knowledge but Buts are Buts anywhere on the beach and will respone to the same stuff anywhere,using a 1/4# or 3/8# blue/chrome or green/chrome Kartmaster will work under most conditions and as a bonus will catch most anything on the beach,will out-distance a krock by a mile,just work it till you feel the throb.

I have always had the most luck on sand,K/M caught fish as follows :biggrin:

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.