BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: "Fast Track Pass" lane is closed today (and until who knows when)... Have ticky, no passy.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 7-10-2011 at 09:29 PM

Will be crossing on the 12th and taking the Sentri but will be looking at what the Fast Trac is doing and will post when I get back into Mexico later that night. Take Care & Travel Safe----- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 10:26 AM

Thank you! I will be looking for your report....
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 11:03 AM

So I am spending all this money on a SENTRI pass? For What? 3 more years of grief? BTW they are still hiring new agents if you need a job.

bajajurel
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 11:16 AM

Bit off topic... but deals with traffic... here in Los Angeles... they intend shutting down the 405 freeway through the Sepulveda Pass, on the weekend of the 7/16/ & 17... should prove interesting...

Now there is a fun drive, 6 pm south bound getting on the 405 from Santa Monica Blvd... and heading down to Orange County...

Really don't miss driving all that much.. unless its out on a lonely road... still like to look at "things"... when able to get out...

[Edited on 7-11-2011 by wessongroup]

Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajurel
So I am spending all this money on a SENTRI pass? For What? 3 more years of grief? BTW they are still hiring new agents if you need a job.

If it makes you feel better, they are lowering the price...

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 12:43 PM

Bajajural:

The Sentri lanes are not closed. The Sentri pass will SAVE you a lot of grief. This thread is about the medical fast-pass lane. If any of you happen to be coming back Sentri, take notice when you pass the Fast-Pass kiosk. Please note here whether or not it is open or if it has yellow tape across. Thanks to all!
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
Bajajural:

The Sentri lanes are not closed. The Sentri pass will SAVE you a lot of grief. This thread is about the medical fast-pass lane. If any of you happen to be coming back Sentri, take notice when you pass the Fast-Pass kiosk. Please note here whether or not it is open or if it has yellow tape across. Thanks to all!

The reports are not that the SENTRI lanes itself are closed, it is that the route to the SENTRI lanes is blocked in some manner, causing a longer time to get to there.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 06:08 PM
Grief????

Quote:
Originally posted by bajajurel
So I am spending all this money on a SENTRI pass? For What? 3 more years of grief?

Always cross N/B at the Otay SENTRI.........no grief, no problems, no wait

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 06:21 PM
OK, Will Try Again to Help Out

We have U.S. Passport cards ($30 per person).

That qualifies you to go through the READI lane at Otay Mesa.

These cards are RFID which means the electronic reader identifies you with your ID and you are sent forward as a verified passport holder.

They are building one or two READI lanes at San Ysidro, depending on what news report you believe.

My guess is that they are trying to make SENTRI go away.

But. what do I know?

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-11-2011 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan

My guess is that they are trying to make SENTRI go away.

But. what do I know?

May be true. It looks like SENTRI cars are being targeted by drug cartels in Cuidad Juarez. They break into cars at peoples homes that are expected to cross the next day and plant drugs. No reports from San Ysidro yet.

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/15048/Usuarios-de-SENTRI...

krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2011 at 06:37 PM

Now c'mon, don't start rumors...they are aggressively trying to get SENTRI peds. to sign up for SENTRI and just opened up a walk up office in SY. The READI lane will just be another option.
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2011 at 06:40 PM

Woooosh, that sounds a tad far fetched. BREAK into CARS at peoples homes and plant drugs on the expectation that they MAY cross the next day???? We don't know from week to week when we are going over, how would anyone else? This would also mean that someone is providing addresses. Things are bad enough around here without this flying around, doncha think?
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 7-12-2011 at 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
They break into cars at peoples homes that are expected to cross the next day and plant drugs.

This is an urban legend! Ever since I can remember, beeing born and raised in Tijuana, this has always been an urban legend as for anyone that goes across. Everyone knows a friend of a friend of a friend that knows a friend of a cousin of someones relative that knows of someone that had drugs planted on their car because they knew they were going across.

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2011 at 09:39 PM

Any updates on whether or not Fast Pass lane is open?
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 08:49 AM

Fast Trac was opened yesterday morning when I crossed about 7:45 am, the Sentri was really fast too no problems whatsoever. I also talked to the Customs Agents when I was renewing my SENTRI and asked about the READI lanes and he says that will not interfer with SENTRI just another link into getting a few more people across without problems. Said these are people that do not want to buy SENTRI or can't get one. Take Care & Travel Safe-- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 08:52 AM

Note, all the lanes we opened at San Ysidro except lanes 4,5,6,7,8 but when I say all I mean the lanes numbered all the way through 24. So, it looks like maybe after this week or next all lanes should be open, I HOPE ANYWAYS!! Take Care & Travel Safe---"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by krafty
Woooosh, that sounds a tad far fetched. BREAK into CARS at peoples homes and plant drugs on the expectation that they MAY cross the next day???? We don't know from week to week when we are going over, how would anyone else? This would also mean that someone is providing addresses. Things are bad enough around here without this flying around, doncha think?

I was wrong to jump to that conclusion. If these people have drugs in their cars they don't know about when using the SENTRI lanes they could have left their trunk open overnight by mistake.

SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 11:11 AM

Bajafun: Thanks for the report. I guess it will be safe to take Dad and stepmom down next week. Yay!!!!!
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2011 at 11:42 AM

It definately appears that way and unless they do something off the wall should be clean sailing. Take Care & Travel Safe-- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

bajachris
Nomad

Mood: Love Baja

[*] posted on 8-6-2012 at 02:48 PM

Can't use my GOES ( Sentri ) because I am pulling a small utility trailer. Can you go in the Ready Lane or the Fast Pass Lane with a trailer? Can you give me an update on Fast Pass lane (medical lane) crossing please? Is it open and rady for business?

Got a rock in my windshield. Now I will need a new Sentri sticker.... Bummer....
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.