BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: The "Shack" is back in a new location - LA PAZ! Arguably the best burger in all of Baja. Come in and find out for
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2011 at 03:44 PM

WOW!

Suckling Pig roasted in a wood-fired oven? I am drooling. You'll be the first meal in La Paz next trip down!!! Best of luck in your new operation.

Ken
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx
From The Shack's Facebook page:

"To our competion, the reason we have such a good crowd here is because we have reasonable priced food and drinks, a fun vibe and we put a little time and love into our food. Sending officials here to try and shut us down is futile! We have all our ducks in a row. Your time would be better spent working on making your place better than messing with us! Oh, and when you see the two guys standing out front with machine guns, thats only the body guards of the Deputy Mayor, he loves The Shack! Maybe you should stop in and complain to him that we are taking your biz! Love, The Shack"

jajajajajajaja:bounce::bounce:

Can you give us the facebook link? I'm hoping they'll have their daily specials there. I'M HOOKED!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 06:57 AM

I'm pretty sure this is the link to The shacks Facebbook page and yes we post our specials. Thanks, Travis. http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Shack/113585165368810
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 10:10 AM

There are a ton of places called the Shack on Facebook and the link you provided didn't work. I've search all of the ways I could think of but no luck

In Memory of E-57
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
There are a ton of places called the Shack on Facebook and the link you provided didn't work. I've search all of the ways I could think of but no luck

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Shack/113585165368810
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 11:00 AM

It worked! Thanks

In Memory of E-57
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 09:07 PM

Starting to wonder if I'll ever be able to try this place. Went by again tonight and a big sign said closed due to a water leak. I know, patience. Judging by everyone else's review I'm sure it will be worth the effort. Ended up going to Stella's for pizza which was okay but a bit over-priced.

In Memory of E-57
oxxo
Super Nomad

Mood: If I was feeling any better, I'd be twins!

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
Went by again tonight and a big sign said closed due to a water leak.

Yep, me too. Went there at noon on Sunday and it was closed. The dog was friendly though! Went to Rancho Viejo instead.
theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 11:20 AM

Sorry folks for being closed yesterday. We had the float in one of our tolets break Saturdat night which in turn drained all the water out of our two pilas. Impossible to open when you have nowater, dishes, can't mop, can;t flush etc.... We got it fixed and our tanks are full! Open today at noon. Stop on by and have a cold one. BBQ Brisket on a bun and Fried Frog legs are the special today. see ya here!
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 10:14 PM

Made a pit stop at the shack today:

theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 10-31-2011 at 10:47 PM

nice to meet you Jesse. Hope you you had a great time and meal. We will stop by your place our next day off. Sorry I didn't know who you were all the timeyou were here or I would of chatted you more. We'll talk more later. Have a great halloween! Happy halloween to all and to all a goodnight. The Shack.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 12:02 PM

It was great to meet you and your wife yesterday. I wish you continued success. For every one else... Yes it was worth all of the repeated attempts. The burger was huge and cooked to perfection! I still can't believe that I ate it all (but I did)!

In Memory of E-57
jakecard
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2011 at 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Made a pit stop at the shack today:

Could you ask for higher praise?

Friggn' hilarious.

What a boon for the "Shack!"

Jake
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2011 at 01:13 PM

And so ends Jesse's quest for a decent burger in La Paz? IN AND OUT
LOOK OUT!!
theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 11-5-2011 at 10:43 AM

Thanks akmaxx for the great review. Correction: we do not have draft beer as of yet and we will be offering it for $10 pesos with or without food. Also, we now have our own group on yahoo where you can check out our special of the day as well as review and add suggestions join us at theshacklapaz@yahoogroups.com Thanks we look forward to meeting you.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 08:01 AM

Sounds like an ad but a good one! Good luck, now another reason to go to La Paz.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 09:39 AM

This past Tuesday & Wednesday my wife and I were in La Paz having some work done on our car. After reading so much about The Shack on this forum we decided to give it a try for lunch on Wed. Took us a couple of laps to find it and walked in about 12:40pm. 2 guys were sitting down waiting for "to go" orders. After about 10 minutes a woman asked us what we wanted and we ordered some beers. Were told they were out so we ordered water and Topo Chico. About this time the owner arrived, with cold beer, yeah, and ice. Wife ordered a beer and we ordered our burgers. The "to go" guys got their food after a good wait and then we got ours. Both were excellent except that the lettuce was on the brown side. Owner said that Tues night, even though they were closed, the served food and ran out!!

He is very enthusiastic and friendly and seems to have a very strong evening following. The menu has some daily options that look very interesting. We would love to have dinner their next time we visit LP but we rarely spend the night so another lunch will be more likely. The owner said they had only been open 3 weeks and that he was in the process of getting some help. I would think that given a bit more time to get the wrinkles out and some more help, this place will be extremely busy and worthwhile to visit. Heck, it is worthwhile now!!

Finally, I don't know if the picture of The Shack I have tried to attach will work, very challenging.

Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2011 at 10:23 AM

My wife and I decided to go back for dinner this time. Knowing that they have run out of food on ocassion and determined to try their bacon-wrapped filet, we decided to have an early (by La Paz standards) dinner and arrived about 7:00. The place was almost full. Travis and Rosie greeted us and we were seated right away. I ordered my filet, while my wife elected to go with their Shrimp Po-Boy special. Neither of us were disappointed. The filet was large, juicy and tender, cooked to perfection and seasoned just right with garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus spears. The Shrimp Po-Boy was so large my wife had to eat it with a knife and fork. I highly recommend The Shack to all that visit La Paz. You won't be disappointed.

To Travis and Rosie, thank you for another great meal and an enjoyable evening. We wish you continued success and look forward to dining with you often.

In Memory of E-57
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2011 at 06:22 AM

Here is Floatflyers pic

theshacklapaz

[*] posted on 11-9-2011 at 07:41 AM

We are kicking it up a notch this week with a Cowboy cut pork chop stuffed with shrimp stuffing and gravy on a bed of dirty rice with garlic green beans. See ya soon! Starts Thursday! And, fingers crossed, we will haave our draft beer today!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.