David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2012 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Quote:
Originally posted by Baja12valve
If you noticed, the video showed the trucks on open dunes, river crossings, and other open terrain. I wonder how they would go in the very narrow Baja roads that are hardly wide enough for my truck or on some of the roads in Death Valley where I spent the last 5 days?

Wonder how it would do on the road to Mission Santa Maria....

You would be surprised at what can get to Santa Maria!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2012 at 09:38 AM

David,
Getting down the Santa Maria Widowmaker is easy....getting back out is the challenge :biggrin::biggrin:

While I covet Unimogs, I appreciate that they are just one of God's ways of saying "You have too much money!":saint:

[Edited on 3-16-2012 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
generubin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2012 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by generubin
Germans simply love to buy big gear and other Germans love to sell it to them.

is that any different than gringos?????????????

seems gringos love even more buying even bigger gear!!!!!!! and gringos sure can't be beat in their love of selling crap!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by generubin
The result being that these rigs are such a blatant display of wealth the travelers are never able to relate to the locals on the same level. They would have been better to stay home and watch the National Geographic channel.

i suppose to truly relate to the locals you should give up all your possessions and wander naked thru mexico like india's holy men, eh???????
seems to me that most people on vacation are just interested in booze and sex and fishing and surfing, and don't visit for "relations."

just saying,...

Gringos, yes, I stand corrected. Many gringos go overboard with displays of wealth. Most of the people I know actually travel to foreign countries to get a taste of the culture. Most of my opinions above about "displays of wealth" and buying bigger than what is needed are formulated from my travels through Africa. Some travelers were over equipped with Man and Unimogs, many broken and unfixable. Others were woefully under equipt.

From Baja to the Sahara to the Arctic and all places in between.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2012 at 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
David,
Getting down the Santa Maria Widowmaker is easy....getting back out is the challenge :biggrin::biggrin:

While I covet Unimogs, I appreciate that they are just one of God's ways of saying "You have too much money!":saint:

[Edited on 3-16-2012 by motoged]

Not only did Art easily drive his beast back up the Widowmaker, but he did it pulling Neal Johns' broken Toyota!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2012 at 01:09 PM

Booze,Sex,Fishing, and Surfing??????? I don't think you left anything out..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.