Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8
Author: Subject: marlin marlin marlin
Rumrunner
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:22 PM

No laws were broken. Would it be better if the three anglers were on three different boats and each caught one marlin?
Personally I would release the Carp. Much tastier pescados around.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:25 PM

exactly Ateo. thanks so much for saying that.

now: billcollector: WHERE DOES IT SAY PER BOAT on the fishing license ??? I didn't see that anywhere.

of course all the guys had licenses. duh.

of course since we have never had marlin here before this is new to us. duh.

@ Mike Odell ....hate? pigs ??? what a waste of your time and breath and typing ...... show me the right way and we will follow the letter of the law. one would have to be a right idiot (not my case as far as I know) to post a photo of one's husband and friends blatantly breaking the law.

give me a break guys. cut me some slack. be kind. it is a much better way to handle life. I have said this so many time, I am boring myself. I DO NOT FISH. I DO NOT FISH. I AM SIMPLY LEARNING THE ROPES SO THAT I CAN POST PICS FOR THOSE WHO LOVE FISHING. END OF STORY.

and as you can see from the pamplet - the rules were clearly stated, and the fish were checked upon arrival for the limits posted on the pamplet.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:32 PM

you know, the boys actually commented at lunch yesterday that they love these fish as much as anyone ... they want to take some home to the family to taste. It was Frank's FIRST marlin caught. EVER. Les and Ernesto's SECOND.

KILLERS ???? PIGS ??? I don't theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennk so.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:41 PM

Since we are the ones that love fishing and do fish we want them left in the water .
Stupid picture
maspacifico
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:43 PM

Ok...some slack for a non fisherperson. Most fisherman wouldn't kill the Marlin unless they were hooked so bad that they couldn't be released....and that happens. They aren't so tasty that one would kill a hundred pound animal for taco's, let alone three of them plus the one you posted yesterday. You are following the law. I don't think you should post pictures strung up dead marlin unless you want to hear about it.
LosCabosbound
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by maspacifico
The rules are being followed. Common sense isn't. Three marlin hung up for pictures is disgusting.

Agreed... they should be embarrassed to be standing next to that. 1 is bad enough, but 3 :fire::fire:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:52 PM

why ???? what is the difference between catching a dorado or a marlin ? I kid you not, I do not understand this gut reaction you all are having ???????

what am I missing????? assuming that they were legal (and according to our cooperative pamplet, they are) , what is the big deal with catching one marlin per person, and then being photographed next to your hard won catch ?

Come visit La Bocana

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
why ???? what is the difference between catching a dorado or a marlin ? I kid you not, I do not understand this gut reaction you all are having ???????

what am I missing????? assuming that they were legal (and according to our cooperative pamplet, they are) , what is the big deal with catching one marlin per person, and then being photographed next to your hard won catch ?

Here is a good starting point: http://billfish.org/sections/90-who-we-are

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 06:14 PM

thanks Bajaboy ... education is everything.

Come visit La Bocana

Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 06:31 PM

When you fish in Mexican waters follow the rules. I know Mike Odell has won some of the big marlin tournament as we have. You have to know all the rules not make them up. Only fisherman should really comment on this, not the week end fisherman who doesn't have a clue.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:05 PM

Very sad to see this picture. If the goal is to attract serious fishermen to the area it sends the wrong message.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Collector
It doesn't matter how many guys are on a boat.its ONE marlin per boat per day. That is when you Kill it. Thanks Mike we agree with your statement but then again we follow the rules. Since we have lived and fished here for 16 yrs that has been the law..these guys don't count as fishermen. Rules apply to everyone.
Guess those who fish East Cape just know the law and follow it.

Relax and admit you have your own version. have never heard of 'per boat' limits. I believe in c&r of billfish but as long as the law is followed, to each his own.

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:30 PM

Don't think you fish. It's not our version it's the law. Learn it.
Guess you've never fished any Marlin tournaments.
acadist
Super Nomad

Mood: Waiting for the Sun

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:43 PM

tournament rules are not laws, lol

Dave
I moved to CO and they made me buy a little rod to make it feel like a real fish
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
KILLERS ???? PIGS ??? I don't theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennk so.

WOW, I didn't think this picture would cause such an uproar. We all catch and release and more often than we would like to admit, the fish we released goes belly up. We have longliners out there laying hundreds of miles of baited hooks, killing non targeted and protected species i.e. turtles, dolphin etc. I'm sure that if we all thought the same, why the world would be painted blue with red polka dots. Blanca nice pics. I personally would have released these beautiful creatures but to each their own.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acadist
tournament rules are not laws, lol

How many fish can I keep?

By law, each boat is allowed to keep one billfish. However, RedRum strongly encourages clients to catch and release all billfish due to conservation efforts. If the fish is healthy the Captain will ask if you would like to bring it on board and take a quick picture. The fish’s health is our primary concern, so please don’t give the guys a hard time if they decide against it. For other species, no more than 3 can be kept per angler. We also encourage the release of juvenile species to keep our fishing grounds rich and bountiful!
http://www.redrumcabo.com/html/faqs.html

Though you are allowed to keep one marlin or sailfish per boat, anglers are strongly encouraged to release these fish, which are considered second-rate eating fish at best.
http://www.thecaboharrisons.com/CaboFishing

Education is power....
:light:

Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 08:02 PM

100% correct. As you said One per boat. Tournament rules are law, sorry. They are the rules for fishing in Mexican waters, they don't make up different rules . Guess you don't care nor read the rules. We do.
aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 08:02 PM

Blanca, tranquila.

You have done nothing wrong and those marlin are perfectly legal. The limit is one marlin per angler and striped marlin are taken all the time. Blues and blacks are frowned upon as they are big and more valuable alive than dead.

Why these board members are beating you up is an agenda that has no logic.

You don't even fish. OK so any fishing board would have this reaction to that foto - -as bill fish are generally not kept, but released... if possible. The same idiotic crew of bill fish lovers will ride around baja stuffing their pie holes with fish tacos without a care where the meat came from... another rant for another day.

Keep on posting the catch results for LB, just remember there's always someone that has a problem with something.
Bill Collector
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 08:03 PM

Your so wrong, they are not legal. Learn the law !!!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2012 at 08:05 PM

Sports fishing is not the problem, the majority of marlin are killed by longlines and commercial fishing, I have seen pangeros from Todos Santos with them stacked like cordwood.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.