Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 10:52 AM

;D:yes::bounce:
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 11:09 AM

Yeah, it used to be fun all right.
I'm reflecting now that maybe I shouldn't divulge here that we play by the rules...maybe not in our best interest eh:o

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 11:20 AM
playing right!!

hola,, I think in the long run your get more biz for playing by the rules !! at least from any reel fisher folk..any body that has fished for a while wants to protect the resource and shoot at draggers !!:lol:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 05:11 PM

I thought SAGARPA had a rep there that checked for licenses etc. I know they do in La Bocana (because he has checked me and my boat before). Also I thought there was a Biosphere rep there. Is he gone as well?

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
Reports are made but depending on who is involved, often nothing ever comes of them. Thanks Zac but they arent rumors...people have told us that we have the unfortunate reputation of insisting anglers have current fishing licenses, biosphere reserve bracelets and respect the limits....which motivates some fishers to choose other operators that dont require thier clients to have them..more than you would imagine.

In a very marginal business like sportfishing, 10 more clients a year might allow us to break even.

I know people think we have a tremendous advantage because of my skills and Juan's talents & excellent English...but towing the legal line has cost us dearly and even with an advantage, it is not a viable business at the moment. Who wants to lose money and do something with so much pressure, stress and expenses??? hmmm.

Sport fishing is a tough job and with the soaring costs like gas, insurance, regulations etc.,it is difficult to operate in the red PLUS available good captains are nearly impossible to find so Juan is overworked.

Sorry for the venting rant but we are rather frustrated these days. With so few clients and more operators in the area, there is not much business so it is bothersome when we lose income for being legal.
rdrrm8e
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2013 at 05:46 PM

When I was out with Juan last Friday I could not get on the boat until I showed my license and had a wristband.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.