Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Kurt Caselli Killed in Baja 1000 Accident
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 12:47 PM

I'm so very saddened by Kurt's untimely death. I was shocked when I got up early this morning to check in on the results of the moto racers and see how the Class 10s were doing.

We knew KC only through his close friendship with our son-in-law, but we were around him many times, at races and in other venues. Kurt was a first class person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends. He'll be sorely missed.

Allen R
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 01:26 PM

A rope across the road? Head high? Booby trap? How 'bout murder. Ought to fry the punks that did it.
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 01:37 PM

As far as I've seen there was no booby trap to blame here.

See https://www.facebook.com/trobert33/posts/10152377834873747

Allen R
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bufeo

Allen R

Thank you. I hope that was the case. It is sad that those who oppose this sport resort to such stories to achieve their goals.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:

Allen R

Thank you. I hope that was the case. It is sad that those who oppose this sport resort to such stories to achieve their goals.

And just how do you know that is their "motive"?

Has there been a problem with traps in offroad races in Baja? YES

Have any riders been injured by a trap? YES

Are all the details vague of often obscured in the first reporting of any type of accident? YES

So please, just how do you magically know the "motives" of some of those reports?

Again, you don't. You are just making baseless accusations --- doing EXACTLY what you say the mystical "they" are doing.

I certainly hope there was no trap.

[Edited on 11-16-2013 by DianaT]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:17 PM

Sad indeed.

As far as reporting is concerned relative to weatherman, score and the rest. I don't think that I would want to hear the news about something like this on the radio broadcast on the www. I am guessing that an abundance of caution was used and efforts made to contact family before a news blast to the world. :no:

He died doing what he loved. Every day is to cherished.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:17 PM

Reading 101: I sad I HOPE it was an accident... and NOT a booby trap.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
..... It is sad that those who oppose this sport resort to such stories to achieve their goals.

Yes, reading 101 --- or did you "forget" this part of your post?

You are clueless and didn't have the time to do your usual editing to make it sound differently.

[Edited on 11-16-2013 by DianaT]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:23 PM

Terrible news, RIP KC.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:25 PM

From THR/Kawasaki rider that we pitted at RM 605 yesterday, Taylor Robert:

I want to make something very clear and stop the rumors. Kurt Caselli did not crash because of a man made booby trap, a spectator, or any other nonsense that people are saying about his accident. My teammate Ricky Brabec was the fist person to Kurt which was in a very secluded area with no Spectators. Ivan Ramirez showed up shortly after Ricky. They decided Ricky would go get help while Ivan stayed with Kurt. Even though the news didn't come out until the night time the accident happened while there was still daylight, and didn't have anything to do with racing at night. This was merely a racing accident and had nothing to do with booby traps, spectators, or another vehicle so please stop spreading rumors.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

I want to make something very clear and stop the rumors. Kurt Caselli did not crash because of a man made booby trap, a spectator, or any other nonsense that people are saying about his accident. My teammate Ricky Brabec was the fist person to Kurt which was in a very secluded area with no Spectators. Ivan Ramirez showed up shortly after Ricky. They decided Ricky would go get help while Ivan stayed with Kurt. Even though the news didn't come out until the night time the accident happened while there was still daylight, and didn't have anything to do with racing at night. This was merely a racing accident and had nothing to do with booby traps, spectators, or another vehicle so please stop spreading rumors.

While it certainly will not bring him back, I do hope that is accurate.

DEP
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:42 PM
Sorry - Sorry - Sorry

I am really sorry I posted this information.

My original motive was to provide information on a tragic accident........HOWEVER.........

People speculating on the cause of the accident, or passing along unverified information without any VALID PROOF, and the FLAMING DIATRIBES from the usual suspects have reduced the original intention to a steaming pile of dog crap.

If you don't have anything positive to add to this post, please don't.

If you want to flame someone, do it with a u2u or take it to off topic.

End of rant

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Reading 101: I sad I HOPE it was an accident... and NOT a booby trap.

That's not what you said, dk. Man up and own your words instead of doing the childish "what me?" BS routine
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Allen R

Dk: cite one instance of opponents fabricating booby trap stories. Btw, it is fans that set the boobytraps. Not the nicest or smartest fans, but fans none the less
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

My original motive was to provide information on a tragic accident........HOWEVER.........

People speculating on the cause of the accident, or passing along unverified information without any VALID PROOF, and the FLAMING DIATRIBES from the usual suspects have reduced the original intention to a steaming pile of dog crap.

End of rant

This kinda looked like a valid source;

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
"Information regarding the incident is still somewhat vague, but it’s been widely reported that the factory-backed KTM rider hit a man-made 'booby trap' at mile marker 796 (of the 883.1-mile race) while leading and while involved in a close battle with the eventual winning JCR Honda Team."

http://www.cyclenews.com/221/22610/Racing-Article/R-I-P--Kur...

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

End of rant

This kinda looked like a valid source;

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
"Information regarding the incident is still somewhat vague, but it’s been widely reported that the factory-backed KTM rider hit a man-made 'booby trap' at mile marker 796 (of the 883.1-mile race) while leading and while involved in a close battle with the eventual winning JCR Honda Team."

http://www.cyclenews.com/221/22610/Racing-Article/R-I-P--Kur...

Actually, it was not a valid report, the on the scene report was posted by Ateo.......people including racers jumping to conclusions, not fact based

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo

This is plenty good enough for me! Thank you for sharing it.

Late last night the very first reports of the accident that I read were broadcast in a window along side the SCORE finish line stream. The rumor was already in full bloom in the hash tag world. The report of a boobie trap in the area to Weatherman, and his reporting it to SCORE certainly contributed to the speculation. (Make that MY speculation if it was read that way.)

I don't think the argument that SCORE failed to report the accident to protect the victim's loved ones is valid. SCORE's pretending that there had been no accident also contributed to the rumor mill, and could do little to alleviate the suffering of the loved ones of a man who might be expected to die violently most any given day as a result of his dangerous profession. I am sad that the fears they must all have held, have come to pass, and I'm honestly happy that no malice contributed to the tragic accident.

What was the real story of the pipe across the racetrack in the RM 700's that was on the radio? Does anyone know first hand?

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 05:23 PM

Tragedies are just tragic and those who exploit them will face their own karma.

RIP KC

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 05:31 PM

I know on the Tour de France the spectators are so abundant they actually interfere with the riders.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-16-2013 at 05:44 PM

"Eyewitness News" in Los Angeles is reporting Kurt Caselli hit a small animal, and that caused his accident and death.

A quick search on the internet seems to support the view the accident was cause by a collision with some type of animal.

From "Fox News:"

Caselli’s KTM team, who have now recovered the bike, discovered traces on the machine that indicate he had collided with some small animal, which apparently caused the crash.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/supercross/kurt-caselli-kille...

Probably some anti-Mexico forces came up with the booby trap bogus report:

Initial reports that said an on-track booby trap caused Caselli’s crash have apparently now been discredited.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/16/off-road-rac...

[Edited on 11-17-2013 by JoeJustJoe]
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.