Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: ATMs between Ensenada & La Paz
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 08:39 AM

How the hell did you drum up this old post? The Bancomer in Vizcaino now has a bank of 6 newer ATM's with a couple of people sanding by to help.. Never a problem.

San Felipe has ATM's at the major store, OXXO's, and the bank (Bank is hard to park at). Guerrero Negro has not changed. Santa Rosalia has not changed. La Paz...Everywhere.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 08:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  
How the hell did you drum up this old post? The Bancomer in Vizcaino now has a bank of 6 newer ATM's with a couple of people sanding by to help.. Never a problem.

San Felipe has ATM's at the major store, OXXO's, and the bank (Bank is hard to park at). Guerrero Negro has not changed. Santa Rosalia has not changed. La Paz...Everywhere.

"with a couple of people sanding by to help" is that like in LA Story where they rob you?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 09:17 AM

Helping out fellow Baja travelers, I searched for ATM locations between Ensenada and La Paz. I think it is an important thread to warrant an update. That's "how the hell" I did it Ralph. Thank you for your input.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 09:24 AM

There are ATMs in every town along the highway except PERHAPS at the tiniest. All banks have them and many stores do too.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
There are ATMs in every town along the highway except PERHAPS at the tiniest. All banks have them and many stores do too.

I am speaking about Cash ATMs not just point of purchase machines.

There are not that many towns with banks that listing them is an ordeal... is it? Can you add any more towns with Banks/ Cash ATMs between Ensenada area and La Paz beyond the list I posted? El Rosario does not have a bank or ATM, for example... yet it is a major central Baja town. San Ignacio, either, I don't think? Thank you.

Any more places than these?

San Vicente, San Felipe, Colonia Vicente Guerrero, San Quintin, Guerrero Negro, Vizcaino, Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto, Insurgentes, Constitucion.

[Edited on 8-30-2016 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 11:39 AM

ATM's and PEMEX stations.....

Plan ahead, don't worry....peace, love and fish tacos

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 12:47 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

San Vicente, San Felipe, San Quintin, Guerrero Negro, Vizcaino, Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto, Insurgentes, Constitucion.

I'm pretty sure I hit an ATM at the bank in Vicente Guerrero.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 12:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  

San Vicente, San Felipe, Colonia Vicente Guerrero, San Quintin, Guerrero Negro, Vizcaino, Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto, Insurgentes, Constitucion.

I'm pretty sure I hit an ATM at the bank in Vicente Guerrero.

Thank you... I added it to my list.

Any more? Camalu, Colonet, Valle de Trinidad?

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 12:59 PM

I am speaking about Cash ATMs not just point of purchase machines.

There are not that many towns with banks that listing them is an ordeal... is it? Can you add any more towns with Banks/ Cash ATMs between Ensenada area and La Paz beyond the list I posted? El Rosario does not have a bank or ATM, for example... yet it is a major central Baja town. San Ignacio, either, I don't think? Thank you.

[Edited on 8-30-2016 by David K]

He is correct. Many supermarkets and OXXO, 7/11's etc have CASH ATM machines. For example, we prefer the Calimax over the bank in San Felipe because of the parking.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 02:13 PM

The small bank in Mulege has been doling out ATM monies for a few years. Good middle peninsula addition. I thot rule of thumb was only use those ATMs in banks during hours! I got screwed at the new Pemex in GN at ATM outside Oxxo...they couldn't help me. Go way into town to find the bank. I also have used the ATM/Bank in Colonia Vicente Guerrero at the stop light w/o problems. BTW, my bank in Cali reimbursed my account for miscue in GN. Good to know where they are. Tio
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tiotomasbcs  
The small bank in Mulege has been doling out ATM monies for a few years. Good middle peninsula addition. I thot rule of thumb was only use those ATMs in banks during hours! I got screwed at the new Pemex in GN at ATM outside Oxxo...they couldn't help me. Go way into town to find the bank. I also have used the ATM/Bank in Colonia Vicente Guerrero at the stop light w/o problems. BTW, my bank in Cali reimbursed my account for miscue in GN. Good to know where they are. Tio

I don't like that ATM in GN because it is outside and an excellent choice for a skimmer.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 05:05 PM

For many years, we have stopped at the ATM outside the bank at the turnoff to Punta Banda. Have used many ATMs up and down the peninsula, but only those at a bank. Got ripped of by a private ATM in Cabo at a resort. Just go to those that are attached to or are inside actual banks.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 06:22 PM

Any more?

No, sir. You named them all.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2016 at 06:48 PM

How about some pictures from 10 years ago and a map of ATM's from 1983?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  
How about some pictures from 10 years ago and a map of ATM's from 1983?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 9-1-2016 at 04:50 PM

I agree with Bajahowodd, use only ATM's that are attached to a bank. If you have a problem with the transaction you will have someone to talk to. Been there with other ATM's and if you don't get your money the only way to resolve it is by contacting your bank NOB and can be a PITA if you are traveling.;)

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2016 at 08:15 PM

hola,

a few years ago on a sunday, i used bancomer atm in los barriles and it ate my card and didn't give me any money. i went to see the manager on monday and he showed me and gave me my shredded card from the atm with no reason why it ate and shredded the card and didn't dispense any monies.

i try and use banamex machines as at the time, they didn't take the card internally, just swiped the card.

when i got back to los angeles, i went to my bank and asked for 5 new debit accounts. if that ever happened again, my wife would just transfer monies into one of the other accounts ( as i don't know how to do it ).

my point is, you may need a backup card as i do have now.

just saying. YA NEVA KNOW !

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.