Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: New Sentri directions?
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 10:15 PM

You go up and over. There are only two lanes there and like you said, the Autobus Lane on the right which is the wrong way to go. We were backed up for about 45 minutes even before you reached the bridge. I saw many cars with the Sentri sticker in the lower left corner of the wind shield go past me in the right lane and I was thinking that maybe I should move over and that was the designated Sentri lane. WRONG.They tried to get in line at the start of the bridge but the cop wouldn't let them in. Good thing I stayed and went over the bridge.

And yes, please use the Mexicali Sentri. It will be faster for short trips to San Diego……..

[Edited on 3-5-2014 by lizard lips]
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 10:21 PM

Thanks, Super Nomad Lizard Lips, for confirming Mexicali as the best border crossing to San Diego.

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 10:25 PM

Your welcome Doc. Maybe if we go up the same day we can meet and have breakfast in Calexico?
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2014 at 09:27 PM
any updates

Curious if anyone has gone through San Ysidro in the past day. I noticed someone on another site commenting that the Sentri line was a mess but problem was solved. Would love to get first hand information otherwise will go to Otay to be safe.
Thanks for any responses
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-5-2014 at 09:36 PM
SENTRI Otay

DON'T Ever use Otay.

Bad roads, long lines, grouchy CBP.......stick with San Ysidro.....please

SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 08:36 AM

Yes, I have been using SY SENTRI all this week. The new route is established, there are signs, and massive traffic jams are (mostly) a thing of the past. I'm coming from Playas (Ave. International) not Via Rapida. TJ Police are directing traffic starting about 6 AM. Border wait yesterday was 20 minutes, today 11 (Thursday 3/6) hitting the line at 6 AM.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 08:56 AM

I will second that!
I have never met a grouchier CBP agent, plus he all but said I was a fool for using the Readylane and wasted my efforts for getting the pass.

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
DON'T Ever use Otay.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 01:40 PM

Quote:
DON'T Ever use Otay.

Grouchy CBP for sure... but long lines? I've never waited more than 5 minutes in the SENTRI at Otay.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 02:24 PM

Oh, sure.....now everybody will try crossing at Otay

Quote:
Originally posted by dasubergeek
Quote:
DON'T Ever use Otay.

Grouchy CBP for sure... but long lines? I've never waited more than 5 minutes in the SENTRI at Otay.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 03:08 PM

Quote:

Not after they watch the CBP "Body Cavity Search" training video on U-tube. It's primarily for SENTRI crossers in vehicles and they say it will be used liberally at the Otay Mesa Port Of Entry.
It seems they have uncovered a plot by the cartels to flood the lane with trusted traveler mules laden with nasty dope, and Homeyland Security is not going to tolerate it. They say the interdiction effort will bring back memories of Nixon's Operation Intercept in the late sixties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Intercept

[Edited on 3-6-2014 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 03:22 PM
Link

Link to video???

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Not after they watch the CBP "Body Cavity Search" training video on U-tube. It's primarily for SENTRI crossers in vehicles and they say it will be used liberally.
It seems they have uncovered a plot by the cartels to flood the lane with trusted traveler mules laden with nasty dope, and Homeyland Security is not going to tolerate it. They say the interdiction effort will bring back memories of Nixon's Operation Intercept in the late sixties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Intercept

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2014 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Link to video???

It's ugly. I just can't do it. :no:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2014 at 11:32 AM

And this one time, they made me have a colonoscopy at Otay? Because they suspected I was bringing illegal fresh produce into California.
gschroder

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 01:51 PM

I did not see the postings here and about died when I went through the "no left turn" and found the old Sentri entrance blocked. I managed to find my way without too much trouble (although I could not tell you how I did it :) :?:

The next time it will be a breeze; the directions to Padre Kino from Paseo de Los Heroes over the river & through the roundabouts posted earlier is no less confusing & I think will have less traffic than the old way as the approach over the bridge is longer and less apt to back up. The reason for the diversion is apparent once you are in the lanes; the old Sentry booths are being torn up as construction proceeds and it looks like everything has shifted west a few lanes.

[Edited on 3-8-2014 by gschroder]
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 03:56 PM

I just got approved for mine, and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Then I have to figure out where the new entrance is.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 03:58 PM
Congrats!!!

Did they ever tell you why you were denied???

What steps did you take to get the approval after you were initially denied??

Quote:
Originally posted by tjsue
I just got approved for mine, and am waiting for it to arrive in the mail. Then I have to figure out where the new entrance is.

dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 06:24 PM

Quote:

That's huge news, Sue! I know you commute into SD—that will save so much time. You'll be able to sleep in some!
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dasubergeek
Quote:

That's huge news, Sue! I know you commute into SD—that will save so much time. You'll be able to sleep in some!

I won't be able to sleep in that much, because I'm looking for full time work, and the sooner the better getting it.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2014 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Did they ever tell you why you were denied???

What steps did you take to get the approval after you were initially denied??

Quote:

No, but it was income based, just like my landlord and I thought it was.

I didn't go to Otay for my interview; I went to the SY office. The SY office is actually just a storefront, and much better. They have an outside check-in window, but a receptionist checks you in there. Inside there were only three officers doing interviews, one in the back, and two other employees processing renewals and taking payments.

The officers are much more relaxed, and away from all the bigwigs at Otay, so they can take their time, and deviate from the regular questions. I had to go to Otay afterward to get my van inspected, and I had to wait for two hours for them to get to me, but I only had to wait about 10 minutes to be interviewed.

But it's done, and I can now start looking for more work.
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2014 at 07:05 PM
new sentri is easy

Crossed Sunday evening with the directions, piece of cake glad that worked the kinks out so quickly. I like the fact that you don't have to even think about going back to via rapida if there is a long line!
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.