BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Dorado from beach in Todos....
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 09:37 PM

Nice catch! Nothing better than fighting a fish with your feet planted in the sand!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 02:08 AM

What a catch! Pacific Ocean is flat and warm down south. Lots of Dorado being taken from tin boats, inflatables,& pangas launched from the beach...esp at Los Cerritos. Delicioso Dorado MMmmm. Pictures Mono?! Great foto. :bounce: Tio
Tod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 07:30 AM

I agree Tito. We launched a tin boat last Tuesday and in short order had 4 BIG Sierra and 5 bigger Dorado just off the rocks. Filled the cooler quick! I actually need a break....one of the rare times that ever happens to me. I've smoked most of the Sierra I've been catching and been giving fish away like crazy. Going to Guadalajara today so I won't be tempted to fish for 5 days!
Tod
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 07:37 AM

I agree Tito. We launched a tin boat last Tuesday and in short order had 4 BIG Sierra and 5 bigger Dorado just off the rocks. Filled the cooler quick! I actually need a break....one of the rare times that ever happens to me. I've smoked most of the Sierra I've been catching and been giving fish away like crazy. Going to Guadalajara today so I won't be tempted to fish for 5 days!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 08:16 AM

Nice catch!

"The future ain't what it used to be"
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

shocked.gif posted on 1-7-2015 at 08:44 AM

:o Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

WOW great pic! What fun.....Skeet tells of getting these guys from the beach below Loreto,like the man said "nothing like warm water and sand between your toes while hooked up with your favorite fish"

Congrats fella great catch.
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 09:09 AM

Hoo-boy, that sure looks like a great old time, amigo. I love fishing in any way, and have to say catching fish from the shore rates right up there...especially from Baja's warm sandy beaches.

It was a while ago that we caught many dorado (and other species) from the concrete pier at Escondido south of Loreto. I remember spin-casting a crocodile while standing next to local youngsters using the treble hook and line-round-the-can method. They'd accurately zip it out just past a target and rip it back..snagging a dorado every now and then. They were having a ball...and so was I.

Another favorite shore spot was at the old El Patron Palapa bar out by the Mulege lighthouse. What could be better?...casting to the small dorado splashing and feeding in the weed beds out front, giving a couple to the cook, but releasing most, then kicking back with a cold one. Baja at it's finest.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 09:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Pompano  

It was a while ago that we caught many dorado (and other species) from the concrete pier at Escondido south of Loreto. I remember spin-casting a crocodile while standing next to local youngsters using the treble hook and line-round-the-can method. They'd accurately zip it out just past a target and rip it back..snagging a dorado every now and then. They were having a ball...and so was I.

I watched them catching roosterfish there in the same manner. Big, really big, schools of sardinas would come into that cove and park themselves next to the pier. Alex caught his first dorado from my tin boat close to that pier. I'm not sure they let you fish from that pier any longer.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 09:25 AM

Saw a yellowtail caught from that pier in 1973. Salt from Isla Carmen used to be off loaded there. A ferry pier was built next to it for a Topolobampo connection. It never materialized.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 03:40 PM

Bravo! Big fish from the beach are awesome.
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 04:34 PM

327441608_gDJPK-L.jpg - 81kB

327441608_gDJPK-L.jpg - 81kB

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 04:42 PM

Nice catch - both of them!
baitcast
Super Nomad

lol.gif posted on 1-7-2015 at 04:43 PM
Help

Having some problems been away for a while!
HELP Rob

[Edited on 1-7-2015 by baitcast]

[Edited on 1-7-2015 by baitcast]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 04:56 PM

Hi Rob... if your post has any words with an accent mark, n with a tilde (snake) over it, or a degree symbol, none of the text will post.

This is a temp issue Doug will fix with the new Nomad software of the past month.

Also words with the letters c u l o together covert to 'burro' as in ridiculous (for example). There are others too.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 05:24 PM

Hi Dave having a problem getting a pic from browse to the posting,browse is new to me?
Rob

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2015 at 05:37 PM

Oh, that nightmare! LOL

Browse (attach files) has size limitations. I suggest you just do it the way most Nomads do, and post the IMG links from a remote photo hosting and free web site, such as Photobucket.com. There are 6 easy steps to set it up with the correct size to not distort the page by being wider than the Nomad limit of 800 pixels.

It is explained in the first post on the Nomad Baja Photo Gallery forum here... http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=65085

As always, I am happy to help!

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 01:38 PM

A favorite beach pic,a fly rod no less!

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 01:45 PM

Or big OLY and his beach Rooster.

BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 09:38 PM

Feelin good..... Nice day at the office :cool:
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 10:26 PM

I would hate to lose a mag darter @ $15 to $20 bones a copy. Are any of you fisherpeople feeling generous enough to tell me if the minnows or jerkbaits by the same company are possibly as effective? The latter only run about $9 a copy.They all look to be of superior quality, even over Rapala. I will be fishing the central coast from the beaches in Feb.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.