Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 08:46 AM

That color puts the U back in TRD.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 08:58 AM

Goat said it pretty well, as far as the Tacoma goes.

That said, I (gulp) have to agree with David. Start a new post, if you want to talk about the new Raptor. Unless you want to draw direct comparisons with the two trucks. And that's really not possible for a 2017 model.

BTW, I never put much faith in Motor Trend. I think they can be bought. Or, at least, they spread the award around and try to please all the Big Three from the US, plus Toyota.

Besides, reliability might be the #1 criteria for me in ANY vehicle. That's not predictable in a new version of a truck.

Geeez, I'm agreeing with Goat and DK in the same post..............:?:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 09:18 AM
Video view inside and out...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 09:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
Geeez, I'm agreeing with Goat and DK in the same post..............:?:

:lol::lol:

the 4runner will run circles around a tacoma, and is much more comfortable than the kidney busting bouncy tacoma. i like the trd pro, comes with a lift and available with tangerine bling. the tacoma is so loud on the freeway it will cause driver to have hearing loss. the r4unner is nice and quiet, best for listening to leftist NPR radio!

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalearner  

:lol: I got a touch of that colorblindness going on, it seems odd they would pick that color to promote their new truck? its some kind of light green?
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 10:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
Quote: Originally posted by bajalearner  

:lol: I got a touch of that colorblindness going on, it seems odd they would pick that color to promote their new truck? its some kind of light green?

It's the color of snot. Not sure why they would use this color to promote the new model.

Goats red 4 runner looks badass.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 11:17 AM

I'm a convert....It was the Hi Tech innovations from TRD that won me over..A separate 4x4 Badge, name molded into the tailgate....There is a rumor that an optional "A Track" chrome thingy is in the offing! And that Carp grill! Oh My...

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 12:42 PM

if it's made in mexico, why is it called a tacoma?

how come the tacoma does not come with this badge?

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 12:53 PM

how come the Subaru Baja was built in Indiana?:light:
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 01:16 PM

I moved away from Toyota compact trucks in the late 1990s because of all the cab noise, compared to other trucks; import or domestic. They are just so loud at anything over 50 mph. Nothing has changed in the newer Tacoma versions.

The Frontiers, particularly, are WAY quieter on the road. That's important to me because ALL trucks these days are pretty good trucks.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
if it's made in mexico, why is it called a tacoma?

how come the tacoma does not come with this badge?

It should be called the "Tacoman".....I'd buy one then..:lol::lol:

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 02:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
I moved away from Toyota compact trucks in the late 1990s because of all the cab noise, compared to other trucks; import or domestic. They are just so loud at anything over 50 mph. Nothing has changed in the newer Tacoma versions.

The Frontiers, particularly, are WAY quieter on the road. That's important to me because ALL trucks these days are pretty good trucks.

tacoma owners (notice I didn't say david!) probably don't notice the noise cause they're cruisin the town with the beiber cranked up as loud as those cheesy tacoma speakers will allow!:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 02:11 PM

I don't know what some of you have ridden in, but it sure can't be a new Tacoma... they ride almost as smooth as a passenger car, and they are quiet on the inside. Only if you add mud terrain tires do you hear noise (from them). I have had three new Tacomas (2001, 2005, 2010) and specially with the second generation (2005-2015), they are almost too nice a ride... the rear suspension could be stiffer... wouldn't mind if it was more truck-like!

The four wheel drive is the boss, and with both a locking rear differential or A-TRAC (four wheel crawling traction), you will have no issues getting to/from Mission Santa Maria or any of the other wild locations Baja has to offer!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 03:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I don't know what some of you have ridden in, but it sure can't be a new Tacoma... they ride almost as smooth as a passenger car, and they are quiet on the inside. Only if you add mud terrain tires do you hear noise (from them). I have had three new Tacomas (2001, 2005, 2010) and specially with the second generation (2005-2015), they are almost too nice a ride... the rear suspension could be stiffer... wouldn't mind if it was more truck-like!

The four wheel drive is the boss, and with both a locking rear differential or A-TRAC (four wheel crawling traction), you will have no issues getting to/from Mission Santa Maria or any of the other wild locations Baja has to offer!

You should try other vehicles every once in a while. Like Hook says...there is some pretty nice ones out there now. Tacomas are noisy relative to others.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 04:08 PM

I do ride and drive in other trucks and cars... Raptors, Corollas, Priuses (or Priusi?), and Jeep Patriot are the most recent I can think of... Buy whatever you want, but do so in an informed manner. In this case, I was only informing about the new generation Tacoma, because it is YOU folks that encouraged me to buy a Tacoma, and I am so glad I went and drove it and checked it out (back in 2000). For Baja, get the 4WD Off Road TRD, as only it had the locker and A-TRAC (The Sport TRD or others, do not)!

[Edited on 1-13-2015 by David K]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 05:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
it is YOU folks that encouraged me to buy a Tacoma

don't try to blame us for your mistakes!

i rode in a tacoma last week. the doors felt thin and flimsy. the road noise was not muted. the thin doors had a tinny sound when closing (not the solid thunk of a substantial door), which reminded me of my buddy's late 1970s datsun pickup.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 05:47 PM

I was going to say much the same...Don't blame us...You bought it, live with it.....

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 06:28 PM

Funny how you don't read the rest of the words in a sentence... you too Chuckie.

"it is YOU folks that encouraged me to buy a Tacoma"

Here are the words that followed the above partial quote:

"and I am so glad I went and drove it and checked it out"

If it wasn't high quality and Baja proven, I wouldn't repeat getting new Tacomas... twice! It is by far the best made, highest quality small truck (mid size truck) out there, and that is obviously something shared by others, otherwise, it wouldn't be the #1 small truck in America from the #1 automotive manufacturer. PLUS, it is the only truck made in BAJA, last I heard!?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 07:24 PM

Haven't you heard, we either don't want to work or are happy with all the hope and change we got? The elites say we are so well off that we can buy homes in Todos Santos without concern!

If American jobs was your biggest concern, then you wouldn't spend a dime on a Baja vacation, robbing American vacation industry workers of income.

I bought my Tacoma from an American at an American located business, owned by an American, financed by an American bank, and my truck is serviced by American mechanics, in America.

My dad taught me that to buy the best product at the best price was the American way. How else will there be incentive to build the best? I tried American brand vehicles, and each time they failed me, big time. Japanese brands have always been incredible with little or no issues (Subaru, Mazda, Toyota). We had a Hyundai as well, and it never broke down like my Jeep and Plymouth both did, repeatedly.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2015 at 07:53 PM

for the 2nd year in a row toyota lead the pack of recalled cars and trucks with a whopping 5.3 million recalls. how can that be?
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.