Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: utilities
alacran
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2016 at 06:39 PM

After reading all of the above posts, I am glad my Spanish is better than my English.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 10:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

I didn't realize CFE put in the pole, Udo....just the meter.

I'm sure he's talking about the wooden power pole that in turn will be connected to the meter pole/ wheatherhead that he must provide.

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 10:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaUtah  

Dennis, CFE installed our meter in early 2014 with only a monument in place. Nothing other than a bare lot was there.

[Edited on 1-6-2016 by BajaUtah]

Are you in the Ensenada municipality? I'm sure DENNIS is right abot CFE requirements here.

Bob Durrell
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2016 at 11:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by durrelllrobert  

Are you in the Ensenada municipality? I'm sure DENNIS is right abot CFE requirements here.

Nope. La Ribera. Our CFE office is in San Jose del Cabo

Andy
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2016 at 12:54 PM

I thought that after all the changes in the past few years it's become 25K in savings - not 50K, to qualify for temporary residence.
Also, this is instead of 2K monthly income - not in addition to.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-10-2016 at 04:48 PM

This requirement may have changed over the last couple of years, but 4 years ago, the $2,000USD income was in addition to the $50,000USD in assets.

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
I thought that after all the changes in the past few years it's become 25K in savings - not 50K, to qualify for temporary residence.
Also, this is instead of 2K monthly income - not in addition to.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2016 at 05:50 PM

I never had to declare any amount in savings. What a ridiculous idea.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

I never had to declare any amount in savings. What a ridiculous idea.

Confirms that it's either proof of savings, or income.

Just a guess - maybe it's different for pensioners, since they often don't have income high enough but have savings and don't have to work or support families. So the INM made it easier for them.
joyvoice

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 02:50 PM

Hola,

I am new here, speak very little Spanish, and am considering putting money down for renting in Punta Banda. Is it wise to do that without the temporary residency paperwork in motion? I was planning to go to the San Bernardino Mexican Consolate this week to get things rolling before I head down there on the 28th of August 2016.

Anyone have any links to the current status of the financial requirements?

Other than that, I just want to thank you all in advance. This forum seems very helpful.

Gracias,
Joy
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 03:04 PM

Welcome to Nomads, Joy.

The latest up-to -date information you will receive will be from the Mexican consulate you visit.
Just as officials in Mexico interpret regulations as they see them, your consulate will also. Therefore, regardless what links we provide, if the consulate don't see them that way, it is no sense in arguing with them.

Essentially, you need to provide copies of your income, showing at least $2,000 USD income per month, and savings account copies showing $50,000 USD in savings...401K OK. Then you will need to provide several copies of passport-sized photos.
Make an appointment for the interview.
Then, after you have your new card embedded to your passport, you'll start all over again with the Mexican immigration Ensenada. A three month process.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 03:49 PM

Hate to admit this after all the work I put into being legal here, but Punta Banda is awash with residents from NOB who have nothing more [many much less] than a FMM.... a tourist card. Evidently that is sufficient to appease Mex Inmigracion, so waddo I know.
A time or two in the past, they knocked on a few doors to flex their muscles, and when they came across some who hadn't complied, they [the gov] merely had them get the FMM and everybody was happy happy happy.
If you rent, that will make you A-OK in guvmint eyes here.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 06:20 PM

Well, if you come back into the US at least once every 6 months, why bother with all that expense and paperwork? Just get a FMM whenever you need to...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2016 at 09:29 PM

Bledito, in your region there exists Pay Dennis who helps people (foreigners) manage utilities and payments, perhaps they can make it happen for you. Pagos y Asesorķas - LB- DENNIS 624-141-0261 - www.paydennis.com dennis@paydennis.com
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 02:45 PM

I wonder if CFE requirements are different in the north and south. We have put power to vacant lots before with no problem...but you have to put in the pole on the property and the meter and they just hook it up.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.