[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 10:29 AM

Interesting,. What is the time mark?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
Interesting,. What is the time mark?

The end, after Minute 6... Looks like them or maybe Palo Blanco at 6:15 before he turns to the left?

Here is a photo I took of a bigger one, south of La Paz in 2001 as shown to me by Jimmy Smith...

(behind the tall palms)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 12:16 PM

Richard,
Thanks for posting the video......the green bikes make it look like that stretch is difficult....maybe just a Kawi thing, huh? :biggrin:

That area is some of the prettiest on that route....first time I rode it on my GS1100 in 2001 was with a group of other Beemer riders I led ....we were all amazed to see the cemented cobblestone sections out there.....we then continued north and east over to Magdelena....did it twice as some missed it the first day and heard our rave reviews of the loop.

Really too bad the canyon west of Magdelena washed out....such a great loop.

All my pics from those days are slides.....but I have helmet cam of most of that loop on a video tape somewhere.....will dig it out sometime.

Don't believe everything you think....
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 01:08 PM

The kawis , one 16 yo girl, one 30 something girl, booth novices. They were pretty amazing, just toughed it out and keep going. The cobble stone area has 3 graders parked there and they are rebuilding that section. There are 3 and 4 foot drop offs that are temporarily ramped with loose dirt. Should be fine in a week, use caution there. E bay has slide holders that let you take a pic of your slides, they work great and are cheap.
Two father daughter teams on this trip. The youngest girl out drove her papa and he was not a happy camper.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 02:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willyAirstream  
E bay has slide holders that let you take a pic of your slides, they work great and are cheap.
Two father daughter teams on this trip. The youngest girl out drove her papa and he was not a happy camper.

Richard,
I can scan and digitize the slides as well.....just a matter of time.

No harm meant re: hard hill.....it's getting out there that counts...and I realized the riders were likely novice riders.... :saint:

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 02:25 PM

Can{t wait till you get down here for some adventures.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 02:39 PM

Keep the cerveza in the cooler....I likely won't be down until next December....I thought I could make a quick May trip but the Canadian $$ is in the toilet....but December for sure....and it is around that time or January when my suggestion for a several day loop (Mulege-Juanico-Purisma-San Xavier- San Nicolas) will come to some form of fruition.....even if its a half dozen folks (ideal #).

Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2016 at 08:42 PM

The girl who rode faster than her dad is a fairly fast racer and her dad had been off the bike for most of the last year. At the picnic he saw an airliner far over head and started to yell. "Come down here and give me a ride!" His wrists were hurting.

The terrain was not that difficult but a couple of less experienced riders were just going a bit too slow on that loose rock climb and got sideways.

Plus this was not a speed ride at all. We were stopping for long breaks and waiting for a few first timers who were doing exactly the right thing. Going at their own pace. I completely approve.

I just passed on a whole bunch of stills and a few rough videos to willyairstream and he will be posting probably.

I dunno if anyone has posted this but a 29 year old woman street rider from Alaska showed up as we were about to depart the shop with a minor bike problem. Daniel stowed her CBR600 Honda in the shop and she rode the first half of the trip in a baja bug and then I jumped into the bug as a passenger (terrifying!) and she rode my DR-350 back including some fairly fast night desert riding.

Her name is Nikki Misurelli and she is on her way South. Perhaps to South America. She is on Facebook and last I heard she is on the mainland. Good rider and a good sport. She has a boy friend. Sorry guys.

The still photos were taken by her. The non-helmet videos, sad to say, are by me. It was a weird ride for me because I would video everyone passing a nice spot and then ride like an idiot to get ahead of the thundering herd to video some more. Damned near bit it a couple of times. 50 is too fast for that road. Even on the flat sections! Plus at least for or five of the riders are twice as good of riders as I am. Let's hear it for Ibuprofen!

[Edited on 1-15-2016 by Gulliver]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.